Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anything Thread

General BJ Discussion

Old 04-14-2016, 10:37 AM
The Distance

Default Anything Thread

Anything Thread

Last edited by Rdkopper; 02-11-2019 at 06:23 PM..

Old 04-14-2016, 01:37 PM
Jovi Addict

That's a good idea, actually I was thinking for something similar the last days!

This will benefit the other threads with not getting off-topic.

EDIT: Is it possible to have a nested replies here in JoviTalk? Like Reddit... Or rating system for every reply? It would be fun.

Let me start with my random thoughts of today:
It bothers me that one of my favourite songs, Rosie, has too many similarities with this song, which is awesome, too:
Hit the sunrise, scared the daylight out of me...

Last edited by It's my faith; 04-14-2016 at 01:48 PM..
Old 04-14-2016, 02:21 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I think it's a good idea to combine 4 of the threads into one etiquette thread, especially since some of them are older.

I think the philanthropy and talent show threads are still relevant though because they are consistently ongoing and it's easier to keep track of those particular subjects in one thread than making a new thread every time something new comes up.

The album an video threads--I'm not sure about them. They're only stuck because they mean something to people, but there hasn't been any activity in ages. We'll discuss this in the moderating forum for sure.
Old 04-14-2016, 05:24 PM
Something for the Posts

I absolutely agree that there's too many stickys in the General section. But we have an NBJ section where we can talk about "anything" else.

P.S. A JoviTalker very recently earned my respect by a posting a thread about a musician I don't like in NBJ rather than Other Bands, LOL!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 04-21-2016 at 06:21 AM..
Old 04-14-2016, 08:34 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
I absolutely agree that there's too many stickys in the General section. But we have an NBJ section where we can talk about "anything" else.

P.S. Very recently, a Jovi Talker earned my respect by posting in NBJ rather than the Other Bands section about a musician I don't like!
You are right for the NBJ but I think Rdkopper's idea is about a "talk-anything"-about-Bon-Jovi thread. It's still about the band, but with random thoughts

Quote:
For Example: If I wanted to say, "I love the bootleg shows from 1989" and get a few likes and comments, there is no place to do that... If we had that, I think this place would instantly come alive.
Hit the sunrise, scared the daylight out of me...
Old 04-14-2016, 10:14 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Isn't that what "JoviChat" is for? Quick and random comments that might not warrant and entire thread.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:47 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
Isn't that what "JoviChat" is for? Quick and random comments that might not warrant and entire thread.
Yeah but they tend to get lost in the chat, here I can reply to anything even weeks from now....
Old 04-15-2016, 12:21 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Trying a single "Board Etiquette" Sticky to see how it looks. The redirects of the original threads will expire in a couple of hours.

If for some odd reason it doesn't work, it can be changed back.

If we can use a thread like this to post just anything, then daily news blurbs could wind up here and the philanthropy stuff could wind up in a thread like this without being stuck too. But I still think the Talent Show thread should be stuck because there are so many talent shows all over the world and you never know when a Bon Jovi song is going to pop up.

Speaking of anything... I heard Wanted on the way home from work today.

Last edited by Becky; 04-15-2016 at 12:33 AM..
Old 04-15-2016, 01:16 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's my faith View Post
That's a good idea, actually I was thinking for something similar the last days!

This will benefit the other threads with not getting off-topic.

EDIT: Is it possible to have a nested replies here in JoviTalk? Like Reddit... Or rating system for every reply? It would be fun.

Let me start with my random thoughts of today:
It bothers me that one of my favourite songs, Rosie, has too many similarities with this song, which is awesome, too:
KISS - HIDE YOUR HEART - YouTube
I know that Hide Your Heart had been written by Desmond Child (since Robin Beck and Bonnie Tyler recorded it, too), so my bet would be that he stole his own hook and re-worked it on Rosie. Or vice versa. Rosie was recorded for New Jersey and in the early demo batch, so probably written late 87/very early in 88. Hide Your Heart was recorded around the same period of time.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:05 AM
The Distance

I've been listening to a lot of older bootlegs lately and it's interesting to hear Jon make comments about the future. During one of the KTF concerts, he said that he'll still be rockin 30 years from now... He's got about 6 /7 years left to reach that goal.. Man, does time move fast!!!

And bty, 1988 / 1989 has some of the best bootlegs. In terms of both band quality and sound quality. 93' is a close second.