Legendary - new single

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 02-03-2024, 09:57 AM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny
Default Legendary - new single

I think it deserves its own thread

Video:

First live rendition: 2024-02-03 MusiCares Person Of The Year Gala in LA (remastered version):

Having zero expectations and been riding the nostagia train with all the stuff on Backstage, this one positively surprised me! I miss a guitar solo but I like the vibe, catchy chorus and Jon doesn't seem to be struggling with it that much.
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights

Last edited by Johny; 03-16-2024 at 08:42 PM..

Old 02-03-2024, 10:00 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via MSN to kleman

For me sound like when we were us which is fine. I also like the sound, vibe.
Old 02-03-2024, 10:09 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleman View Post
For me sound like when we were us which is fine. I also like the sound, vibe.
We can observe a bit of analogy here. When We Were Us -> RRHOF and Legendary -> Musicares Person Of The Year

I'm really loking forward to the studio recording, hope it won't be a letdown. Even now it's miles better than Limitless, not only as a song but as a first single too.
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Old 02-03-2024, 10:13 AM
Price of posting

When We Were Us was a better attempt. This is so lukewarm and mediocre. Jon is allergic to guitar riffs and solos. Haha 😞

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 02-03-2024 at 10:16 AM..
Old 02-03-2024, 10:22 AM
Posting everyday

I like the drive of the song better than Limitless or Because We Can (hated both to be honest). At this point, this is kinda what I expected but I agree with what Thierry said in another thread that it is okay for what can be expected.
Not as much of a trainwreck as I had feared.
Though I feel this song is prone to be buried in a wall of sound upon its release again.

That being said - I always was a sucker for When We Were Us, one of the few songs I really enjoyed in the last decade. So this one might hit home easier for me.
Old 02-03-2024, 10:32 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
I like the drive of the song better than Limitless or Because We Can (hated both to be honest). At this point, this is kinda what I expected but I agree with what Thierry said in another thread that it is okay for what can be expected.
Not as much of a trainwreck as I had feared.
Though I feel this song is prone to be buried in a wall of sound upon its release again.

That being said - I always was a sucker for When We Were Us, one of the few songs I really enjoyed in the last decade. So this one might hit home easier for me.
I agree with that. It really helps when you have zero expectations.

I think it's too soon to release a new single and an album after opening vaults with Backstage. I'd prefer 2024 being a nostalgic year and having an album in 2025. With that mindset of not wanting anything new, I can be only surprised.
Old 02-03-2024, 10:35 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Jesus , like come on . Very average song …. Soooo disappointed
Old 02-03-2024, 10:47 AM
Undiscovered Posts

Legendary as the first single for the new album sounds ok, I guess, but in the end it feels pretty generic for me.

Last edited by BJ Fan 2020; 02-11-2024 at 05:08 PM..
Old 02-03-2024, 10:49 AM
Price of posting

Thank you, Goodnight sounds apt after hearing this.
Just hope the rest of the albums not like this otherwise Hughs wifes been telling porkies.
I guess its another forgetable single.

Sent from my SM-X700 using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 02-03-2024, 10:54 AM
Price of posting

I don't know if it's because of the recording, but the guitars are inaudible. I only hear the battery passing and some keyboards. I guess Phil's requests to turn up the guitars were not heeded.

There is a part of the song, which melodically sounds like Runaway Train by Soul Asylum.

I guess this song will be the one they use to promote the documentary. If they release the new song in March, and the documentary at the end of April, I suppose we will have the new album by the end of May - beginning of June.

What the hell will happen to the experience with Bon Jovi? Will it be forgotten until the end of the year, or will we get things regularly? The previous experience with JBJ was disastrous with the updates.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 02-03-2024 at 11:09 AM..

Tags
legendary