Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...

Old 01-18-2023, 02:35 PM
Livin' on a Post

Amazing Achevement! Could "It's My Life", "Always" reach this target?

Nice to see JBJ say thank you to the fans! And Spotify for the award.
Old 01-18-2023, 07:56 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan85 View Post
Amazing Achevement! Could "It's My Life", "Always" reach this target?
Judging by current stats Bad Name will get there first (796mill), It's My Life is on 628mill. Always 396mill and Wanted just behind with 332mill.

The rest of the top ten is Bed Of Roses (275mill), Runaway (195mill), I'll Be There For You (162mill). Bad Medicine (143 mill) and suprsingly Thank You For Loving Me (77mill)
Old 01-19-2023, 01:56 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
...and suprsingly Thank You For Loving Me (77mill)
It's not surprising to me. Say It Isn't So was a total flop, so that extra attention gathered from It's My Life needed to go somewhere. And I think with time it's legacy probably increased, given how they never really did another big power ballad like this ever since. Plus, I think the music video in Venice was quite a good one, by their standards. When I first switched from casual to a diehard around 2008, I couldn't understand why Jon completely ignored it on the setlist, especially given how the more popular ballads were more vocally challenging.

I just think, much like with the Bounce era songs, he completely underestimated the local element of songs popularity and not playing the European or South American hits even in those markets, just because those songs were not popular in US.
Old 01-19-2023, 03:23 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
It's not surprising to me. Say It Isn't So was a total flop, so that extra attention gathered from It's My Life needed to go somewhere. And I think with time it's legacy probably increased, given how they never really did another big power ballad like this ever since. Plus, I think the music video in Venice was quite a good one, by their standards. When I first switched from casual to a diehard around 2008, I couldn't understand why Jon completely ignored it on the setlist, especially given how the more popular ballads were more vocally challenging.

I just think, much like with the Bounce era songs, he completely underestimated the local element of songs popularity and not playing the European or South American hits even in those markets, just because those songs were not popular in US.
The music video was shot in Rome, at the Trevi fountain

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2023, 03:57 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
And I think with time it's legacy probably increased, given how they never really did another big power ballad like this ever since.
OOOH explain this thought please so I can see if I agree haha. All About Loving You felt like a carbon copy, I feel like there's been some songs in a very similar style and structure. It for sure kicked off the trend of their power ballads really lighter on guitars.
Old 01-19-2023, 05:13 PM
Jovi FANatic

Good achievement for sure... Loap will very soon reach 1 billion vies on you tube as well!!
Old 01-19-2023, 06:03 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
It's not surprising to me. Say It Isn't So was a total flop, so that extra attention gathered from It's My Life needed to go somewhere. And I think with time it's legacy probably increased, given how they never really did another big power ballad like this ever since.
While you are not wrong at all I don't think this relates too good to spotify since Crush was already 8 years old when Spotify started and it took another couple of years until the user figures really went through the roof. So at that point of time there was no attention for Crush or It's My Life anymore from which any song could have gathered.
Old 01-19-2023, 07:35 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
I can only go from the UK and Thank You For Loving Me is not a song that most people here know. Stuff not in the Spotify top ten like Keep The Faith, Someday I'll be Saturday Night, In These Arms, Lay Your Hands On Me (pretty much anything that is on Cross Road) are much more popular and well known here than Thank You is here. Hence my surpise. I don't recall Thank You being much of a hit anywhere, but I could be wrong. The rest of the top 10 I expected.

Last edited by Thinny; 01-19-2023 at 07:39 PM..
Old 01-19-2023, 08:01 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
While you are not wrong at all I don't think this relates too good to spotify since Crush was already 8 years old when Spotify started and it took another couple of years until the user figures really went through the roof. So at that point of time there was no attention for Crush or It's My Life anymore from which any song could have gathered.
Oh man, this is such a good point. For it to do that well, so far past when it came out is curious. Weddings maybe?

Tags
livin' on a prayer, spotify