Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

WGIGO and stairs

General BJ Discussion

Old 10-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Default WGIGO and stairs

Have you noticed that there are no stairs for WGIGO on this leg of the tour? Neither in Chile nor in Peru nor in Argentina nor in Brazil.
Too heavy to carry them all the way from USA? Or somebody has stolen them? Lost on the way to South America?

WGIGO is my worst song of the whole great, wonderful repertoire of BJ. I mean this is the song which I like the least while others I adore. The only attraction in this song was for me the show on the stairs. And now they removed them. What the hell with the stairs?

If anybody knows anything about the fate of the poor missing stairs, please let me know I want them baaaaaaaack!

Old 10-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by marta anna View Post
Have you noticed that there are no stairs for WGIGO on this leg of the tour? Neither in Chile nor in Peru nor in Argentina nor in Brazil.
Too heavy to carry them all the way from USA? Or somebody has stolen them? Lost on the way to South America?

WGIGO is my worst song of the whole great, wonderful repertoire of BJ. I mean this is the song which I like the least while others I adore. The only attraction in this song was for me the show on the stairs. And now they removed them. What the hell with the stairs?

If anybody knows anything about the fate of the poor missing stairs, please let me know I want them baaaaaaaack!
I think they didnt bring that stage there plus the stairs MAINLY (not only) are used for the audience in arena BEHIND THE STAGE the stage is not open in SA

you cannot use the robot with the multiple screens and the stairs with that stage set
Old 10-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Disillusioned Diehard
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovimimi View Post
I think they didnt bring that stage there plus the stairs MAINLY (not only) are used for the audience in arena BEHIND THE STAGE the stage is not open in SA

you cannot use the robot with the multiple screens and the stairs with that stage set
That part of the stage wasn't used at the stadium shows in North America either.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

thanks!

I was writing this post half-jokingly - i.e. a capricious child whose whim is to have the stairs at all costs But this message was a joking one only on its outward layer.
Seriously, I believe that the stairs and the dancing on the stairs is what makes a show in case of this song. The stairs-dancing makes a rather uninspiring song into a great spectacle live. so, indeed, I am missing the stairs a bit, but of course it does not mean that it makes so much fuss for me

Thank you for all this explanation! I do not have much knowledge about the stage setting so it is opreciousa to learn those technical details.