Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Fake Japanese 2010 Box Set??

General BJ Discussion

Old 02-10-2012, 11:43 PM
Jovi Fan

Unhappy Fake Japanese 2010 Box Set??

I recently bought two japanese box set of the special editions + the Acces all areas DVD.

But suddenly, I read somewhere there are chinese fakes of this japanese box set, I'm affraid the two ones I bought are from China and not from Japan, but in other websites I've read these are not fakes but LEGAL copies of the japanese box set, I mean if that's the case, then I bought a LEGAL original replica of the japanese box set, but if not, then I've just lost about 110 US dollars for each of them.

Does anybody know anything about this?? I'd apreciate a lot your knowledge about this.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:03 AM
Price of posting

Send a message via ICQ to Sambo-Chris Send a message via MSN to Sambo-Chris

The Chinese copy everything, even cars. So why not also albums? 110 Dollars seems very cheap to me. The original price was more than twice a much. Where did you buy it?
Old 02-11-2012, 12:08 AM
Jovi Fan

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris View Post
The Chinese copy everything, even cars. So why not also albums? 110 Dollars seems very cheap to me. The original price was more than twice a much. Where did you buy it?
I bought one in ebay (the international website) and another one in mercadolibre.com (another e-store like ebay)...

Actually in argentina there are sellers that say: Chinese Original release replica.

The easy-to-see difference they state between the japanese and the chinese editions is that the japanese editions stickers are silver (they reflect the light) and the chinese stickers are gray and another difference is that the chinese box set, in its right side of the box, reads "Box design: (...)" and the japanese release does not read anything in its right side.

I really don't know if the chinese set is an original and legal release.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:11 AM
Price of posting

Send a message via ICQ to Sambo-Chris Send a message via MSN to Sambo-Chris

Doesn't the word "replica" mean that it is not original? Maybe an English native can say more about it but to me "replica" sounds like it's not legal.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:17 AM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris View Post
Doesn't the word "replica" mean that it is not original? Maybe an English native can say more about it but to me "replica" sounds like it's not legal.
This one ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BON-JOVI...item41623185b9 ) looks exactly like the ones I bought, and acording to the Argentina sellers, this is the Chinese edition, while this other one ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/BON-JOVI-ACC...63165334681564 ) is the japanese release.

I think most of you have one of this release, does your box set look like the chinese or the japanese edition?
Old 02-11-2012, 12:32 AM
Jovi Fan

Here's the link (so you can see more detailed pictures) of the "supposed-to-be" Chinese edition I bought.

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/...albums-dvd-_JM
Old 02-11-2012, 12:35 AM
Jovi Fan

And this other link is for more information about what the sellers in Argentina say about this (for those spanish-speakers and google translators users)

Please let me know what you think about this thread
Old 02-11-2012, 02:16 AM
Jovi Fan

I would really apreciate any information about this. For all those who bought one, could you please let us know more details of yours? For example, the stickers on the box you got are silver or gray?
thanks a lot!
Old 02-11-2012, 04:30 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Frankly I didn't know that there was an "authentic" version and a Copy or "bootleg" version. I bought mine from e-bay for $45.00 (USD) and thought I got a good deal. If you are correct, what I have is the Chinese version - going by the printing on the side.

I still think $45.00 was a good deal so I'm not going to worry about it too much.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:06 AM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
Frankly I didn't know that there was an "authentic" version and a Copy or "bootleg" version. I bought mine from e-bay for $45.00 (USD) and thought I got a good deal. If you are correct, what I have is the Chinese version - going by the printing on the side.

I still think $45.00 was a good deal so I'm not going to worry about it too much.
well, you can tell if it is chinese or japanese too by the stickers the box come with (what we could call its "obi"), if they are gray then your box set is from China and if they are Silver (mirror-like) then it is from Japan. I really don't care where they are from but what I do care is if they are original (not fake) issues.