Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

OMD and synthpop

Other Bands

Old 09-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Crush

Send a message via MSN to Jim Bon Jovi
Default OMD and synthpop

so i had an 80s themed party for my set on friday night and got to play a shittonne of cool old school 80s synth tracks and it's perked up my interest in the genre.

i was having a look online and it turns out orchestral manouvres in the dark are playing here at the start of october

Old 09-20-2008, 12:06 AM
Suddenly

Arrow a mouse

thanks a lot , bump up up up!! Passengers Held Up After Mouse Spotted on FlightPassengers on a KLM flight were delayed at Nice airport for five hours after one of the passengers spotted a mouse. The Dutch pilot refused to take off for Amsterdam until technicians had checked the whole plane to make sure the mouse hadn't nibbled through any cables.The passengers later resumed their journey on another flight, reports Het Laatste Nieuws. Hours later the plane was allowed to fly to Schiphol, with the mouse believed to be still on board.--------------------------------The WoW Power Leveling ( World of warcraft Power Leveling ) site offer buy WoW Power Leveling, cheap WoW Power Leveling, free wow power leveling, 1- 70 level wow power leveling and wow power leveling news!
Old 09-20-2008, 12:41 AM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi View Post
so i had an 80s themed party for my set on friday night and got to play a shittonne of cool old school 80s synth tracks and it's perked up my interest in the genre.

i was having a look online and it turns out orchestral manouvres in the dark are playing here at the start of october
Pet Shop Boys
Depeche Mode
New Order
Dead or Alive
Information Society
Old 09-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Jovi FANatic

Manouvers were (maybe still is) very good indeed but I don't know about seeing them live thoug, could tend to get a bit boring IMO.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

OMD are a great band. My dad was friends with Andy McCluskey at school, who's a wonderful songwriter and producer but ruined it all by going on to form Atomic Kitten...erk. Walking On The Milky Way is fantastic and a lot more contemporary than most of their old synth stuff.