Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

The official April 18, 2018 Orlando THREAD

Tour Discussion

Old 04-19-2018, 08:19 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
Just a couple of quick notes, Jon was clearly still on a high from the hall of fame. The dude was glowing he was so happy, Phil was playing as if he had something to prove. I definitely would have changed a few songs from the set but the performances were so great that it makes me double guess my own preference. Jon gave the guitar back on BWC and used that as another song to walk around and acknowledge the people in the back. He did that more than I thought he was gonna do. Jon called the sympathy snippet on the spot which caught Dave and Phil off guard. When Jon was ending BOR Dave looked surprised by what he was seeing, I took it as feeling proud of your bandmate. It was a great show, would have liked to have seen HAND and maybe BOB but there's always gonna be something left unplayed from my wish list....
Jon definitely took more chances than usual at this show, with that unusually strong (for 2018 standards at least) jungle scream, the Sympathy for the Devil snippet, not playing the guitar during BWC, and the ending of BOR! He even sounded ever so slightly less atrocious on Bad Medicine at this show. And I hope HAND is gone for the remainder of the leg, as Jon simply cannot pull it off live anymore, unless he decides bring it down another whole step.

I also agree that there needs to be an overhaul of the first half of the show. I'd ditch Born to Follow for Water, Roller Coaster, Raise Your Hands, BOB, or Runaway; ditch WLOL for Walls; keep WDR because that song is so much better than Knockout; put WWWU where Sleep used to be played right after Born to Follow; and ditch Amen for IBTFY, Memory, Acoustic Superman, Acoustic Saturday Night, Diamond Ring, Never Say Goodbye, or Living in Sin. Also I would rotate Devil, Living With the Ghost, and NYD in the slot after Lay Your Hands currently occupied by GBTM. Also throw In These Arms [Sung by David Bryan] so Jon has an opportunity to rest his voice in the middle of the show.

Last edited by Zakatar; 04-19-2018 at 08:22 AM..

Old 04-19-2018, 08:47 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco View Post
I thought we all agreed to stop calling that little noise he makes this year as jungle noise? Lol. Not even close. Amsterdam 2008 was the last decent appearance of the jungle noise;

Bon Jovi Amsterdam Keep the Faith Sympathie June 13 2008 - YouTube
-_-, YOU want to see me get pissed off, don't ya? >_< lol
Old 04-19-2018, 09:45 AM
WhamATC

That duckface during Sympathy. Haha.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:21 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

I know the only way to enjoy a show in 2018 is either have a idgaf attitude or lower your expectations to a point where they don't even exist but c'mon, that setlist is DREADFUL.

Why are they still playing songs from ****ing WAN?? WHY?? Their worst album, their worst moment, and they are still trying to make it happen? Why the **** did they write off Bounce forever but they are still fond of that pile of shit called WAN??

Is this Jon taking chances really? Poor Jonny, give him a break, he swapped a shitty song for another shitty song, improvement!!!!

Argh. I hate this. I really really want to give the tour a chance but the moment they dropped all the THINFS songs and it turned again into a LH lovefest this tour signed its death warrant. And now more WAN

These days what's left of me ain't no Prince Charming

We know Jon, we know
Old 04-19-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco View Post
I thought we all agreed to stop calling that little noise he makes this year as jungle noise? Lol. Not even close. Amsterdam 2008 was the last decent appearance of the jungle noise[/url]
It's just a stupid yelp.

Yes, I'm cranky today. Coming from the HOF high, this is an ugly reality check (not that I expected anything different, to be clear, it's just that I'm tired of hearing people excuse a professional singer who charges a lot of money and delivers an extremely poor show).

These days what's left of me ain't no Prince Charming

We know Jon, we know
Old 04-19-2018, 11:34 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Jon looked like he was really enjoying himself on KTF, and the ending of BOR was great. One of the better shows of the tour IMO.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:07 PM
Posting everyday

Gotta admit that this LOAP performance was far better than the Hall of Fame one from a few days ago.
Old 04-19-2018, 02:42 PM
Price of posting

Too many LH songs.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 04-19-2018, 03:24 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quick question, there was a cool little moment in Bad Name were the solo turned into a dual solo with both guitarists playing it. I don't really watch videos of bad name on youtube so, has this been happening all tour?!
Old 04-19-2018, 08:08 PM

so I've watched BOR and KTF. Seriously guys, I don't mean to be a prick... but where do you see/hear the improvements ? Aren't a lot of you simply suffering from nostalgia and wishful thinking ? I'm not blasting Jon in any way, the man's voice is shot and that's that. Kudos to him for trying to to carry on but in all honesty, I'd much rather have them STOP after this US leg. Even if they don't announce, officially, that they're splitting up, in reality that's what they should do, at least live.

Let them record their mediocre albums, nobody's obliged to buy them or listen to them. We all have streaming services nowadays, you listen to it once, dislike it, don't buy it. I haven't bought a BJ album since Bounce (which I don't like) and there hasn't been one that made me change my mind - not saying that there aren't good individual songs on the following albums. I simply chose not to buy what I don't dig. I still went to see them live in 2008 and 2011 and I wish they'd stop after Lisbon and, perhaps, come back in 2016/17. Maybe none of the Richie bullshit would have happened, may it would, who knows.

This band deserves the HOF induction, it deserves recognition and praise from non-fans to hardcore fans. But it's clearly a time to let it rest and gracefully let it die. Anything but THIS. Just my 2 cents.

Lisbon 2008; Lisbon 2011