Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Last band/artist you've bought a ticket to see...

Other Bands

Old 11-14-2018, 11:56 AM
Price of posting

Rently bought tickets to..

Pink - wifes
Little Mix - wife and daughter.
kiss - mine
Bon Jovi - mine
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 11-16-2018, 03:29 AM
Jovi Freak

This year I saw a mixed bag...

Queen (with Adam Lambert)
Bruno Mars
Imagine Dragons
Taylor Swift
Def Leppard
Celine Dion

I still have Shania Twain and Bon Jovi to go.

Def Leppard has been the concert I enjoyed the most so far, closely followed by Imagine Dragons. Though all 6 concerts were actually top notch.

Perth - January 25, 2008
Perth - December 8, 2010
Sydney - December 17, 2010
Sydney - December 19, 2010 (I Believe!!!)

East Rutherford - July 25, 2013
Melbourne - December 7, 2013
Melbourne - December 8, 2013
Perth - December 12, 2013

Sydney - December 8, 2018

Last edited by Savvi; 11-16-2018 at 03:38 AM..
Old 11-16-2018, 07:58 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce7800 View Post
Lot of good shows going on sale.

Got Muse at the Royal Albert Hall coming up, The 1975 in Jan, Kaiser Chiefs in Feb and the plan for Bon Jovi in June and Muse in the summer.
Ugh.. I'm waiting on Muse to announce a LA date and here you are, Muse in the winter, Muse in the Summer, Muse, Muse, Muse. They are playing an I Heart Radio thing with the The Killers and others, but that is obviously not part of the Simulation Theory tour as other cities in CA are getting. They are likely going to return here with more time between that special date. From their tour schedule availability, it looks like it's possible they will hit Coachella, which I am going to, though I'm not convinced they are held in the same regard they once were to headline there. I didn't know I cared until this week. None of the early released songs from the album did anything for me and I hated "Dig Down." Checked out the album on Spotify and now I'm all jazzed up about it. I haven't missed a tour since Resistance.

In the meantime, I have Fleetwood Mac next month and KISS next Feb.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:43 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
Ugh.. I'm waiting on Muse to announce a LA date and here you are, Muse in the winter, Muse in the Summer, Muse, Muse, Muse.

In the meantime, I have Fleetwood Mac next month and KISS next Feb.
I remember you saying in 2011 you'd do the same for Muse like you did for Bon Jovi. You could combine the two, they're playing in Europe in the same month. See Muse in Cologne on June 29 and then Bon Jovi in Dusseldorf on July 3. Both cities are close to eachother and just a few hours away from Paris, making you able to see Muse again over there on July the 5th as well and then take the train to see Bon Jovi in Madrid. That's 4 shows in 10 days.

I've no idea what your income is like nowadays but I'd say it's worth a look. I've combined several acts on trip before and it's great fun.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 11-17-2018, 07:38 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

I remember you saying in 2011 you'd do the same for Muse like you did for Bon Jovi. You could combine the two, they're playing in Europe in the same month. See Muse in Cologne on June 29 and then Bon Jovi in Dusseldorf on July 3. Both cities are close to eachother and just a few hours away from Paris, making you able to see Muse again over there on July the 5th as well and then take the train to see Bon Jovi in Madrid. That's 4 shows in 10 days.

I've no idea what your income is like nowadays but I'd say it's worth a look. I've combined several acts on trip before and it's great fun.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
The main issue is that I don't think I care enough about Bon Jovi anymore to want to bother with all of that and that I just spent a shitload of money on the concerts I have coming up. Three 15th row center seats for Fleetwood Mac are not cheap. I went to two THINFS shows in the U.S. and enjoyed them for what they were, but everything has paled since the 2010-2011 tour. I don't think they can do anything that would really get me excited at this point short of the kind of thing we saw on the Lost Highway tour, which I can't see being possible with Jon's voice.

As for Muse, I decided to make a San Francisco birthday weekend trip out of it... so just got tickets for that yesterday.
Old 11-24-2018, 12:25 PM
Dry County

Quote:
The main issue is that I don't think I care enough about Bon Jovi anymore to want to bother with all of that and that I just spent a shitload of money on the concerts I have coming up. Three 15th row center seats for Fleetwood Mac are not cheap. I went to two THINFS shows in the U.S. and enjoyed them for what they were, but everything has paled since the 2010-2011 tour. I don't think they can do anything that would really get me excited at this point short of the kind of thing we saw on the Lost Highway tour, which I can't see being possible with Jon's voice.

As for Muse, I decided to make a San Francisco birthday weekend trip out of it... so just got tickets for that yesterday.
I think the band's set lists will still be impressive in Europe, no matter how shitty Jon's voice is. They were great in 2013 as well, even though his vocal decline had already begun quite audibly.

Last edited by BJFan99; 11-24-2018 at 12:27 PM..
Old 11-29-2018, 09:25 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
I think the band's set lists will still be impressive in Europe, no matter how shitty Jon's voice is. They were great in 2013 as well, even though his vocal decline had already begun quite audibly.
At this point, I'm more interested in hearing post 2000 songs that haven't been done much, if at all, in more recent years, along with new songs. I've heard just about every single song from the 80s and 90s that I'd want to hear or that the band will touch.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator
It's my post

Quote:

The Muse tour should be great, the charity show in London on Monday was superb. Loving the new songs (well except Break It To Me) and the metal medley that I've linked in the YT thread was just mindblowing on the night. The full size tour with a full set and complete with whatever visuals they will bring should be amazing
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 12-12-2018, 08:28 AM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce7800 View Post
The Muse tour should be great, the charity show in London on Monday was superb. Loving the new songs (well except Break It To Me) and the metal medley that I've linked in the YT thread was just mindblowing on the night. The full size tour with a full set and complete with whatever visuals they will bring should be amazing
Break It To Me is pretty good to me. I think it will grow on me even more over time. I've refrained from listening to the album as heavily as I'd like because I have Fleetwood Mac coming up this weekend and have been keeping myself in that gear until then.

After that I'll likely go full Muse and get back to having the album on repeat.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator
It's my post

Pressure is such a good song, helped by the singalong Riff that I've even got my 5 year old doing.
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*