Old 09-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Jovi Geek

Default Jon and Dorothea's Hamptons Party

Now this would have been a cool party to attend:

Jon Bon Jovi's star-filled Hamptons party is a rock & roll ball of fame

BY GEORGE RUSH
DAILY NEWS COLUMNIST

Monday, September 3rd 2007, 4:00 AM

A little Hamptons dinner party turned into a summit of the rock gods Saturday night.

Jon Bon Jovi and his wife, Dorothea, were celebrating nothing more than the end of summer when they invited some friends over to their East Hampton spread. But then their friends do include Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney, Billy Joel, Jimmy Buffett and Pink Floyd's Roger Waters.

The surf-and-turf dinner would have been enough for a crowd that included Renee Zellwegger, Naomi Watts, Howard Stern, "Today" anchor Matt Lauer, designer Donna Karan, New Jersey Gov. Jon Corzine, Rolling Stone publisher Jann Wenner and "Saturday Night Live" producer Lorne Michaels.

But, about 11 p.m., Bon Jovi jumped onstage to join the party band. Pretty soon, people were dancing.

Before long, McCartney joined Bon Jovi at the mike - along with Joel, Buffett and Waters.

"Billy was wailing on the keyboards," said one guest. "They performed for a good hour of rock classics. Nobody could believe it. Howard Stern was really rocking out."

Though New Jersey boy Springsteen had left before the jam, Corzine seemed pleased when Bon Jovi belted out "Who Says You Can't Go Home," the theme song of the New Jersey Tourist Board

"The governor led people on to the dance floor," said the guest.

"The whole thing was spontaneous. It was the first Hamptons party in years that was actually fun."

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/20...ns_party_.html

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09032007...tons_diary.htm

Old 09-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Just posting

Can't believe Jon invited someone from Rolling Stone, considering what pricks they've been to the band over the years.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Cut myself on angel hair
Slippery When Wet

Send a message via MSN to UKjovi

"The whole thing was spontaneous. It was the first Hamptons party in years that was actually fun."
So how bad were the others?
Old 09-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKjovi View Post
So how bad were the others?
my thoughts exactly
Old 09-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Price of posting

Awesome....
Albany, NY 12/12/05. JBJ to me from the stage: "You been a good girl this year?" (Reads my sign) "Jon, It's almost Xmas I've been a very good girl! Play Blood on Blood please!" (cue me on the big screen) JBJ: "How good have you been? Oh My God!" (laughs, more teasing) JBJ: "You want it huh, you want it huh? Blood on Blood just for you, the good girl in the front row? The all request hour, the girl in the front row has just asked for Blood on Blood, ok, Merry Christmas young lady!" Amazing <3
Old 09-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

That sounds like a blast. Hearing Jon singing with Billy Joel playing would be fantastic. The rest of the fantastic performers are icing on the cake.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Jovi FANatic

Most parties in the Hamptons are very detailed, themed and scripted. Spontaneous things like the host jumping on stage to jam with the party band and the guests joining in to sing and play just for fun is very against the "norm" of party giving.
A college buddy of mine is a chef in Conn. and moonlights sometimes with a caterer that does alot of Hamptons parties. he sends me menus and instruction sheets , they have things like the exact minute a certain course should arrive at table, exact lists of who gets served in what order, precise times when the entertainment should be seen/heard and not. it's crazy.

Sounds like a blast of a party, would have been a cool night to be a fly on the wall. I wonder who decided it was time to kiss and make up Jann or Jon??

Last edited by rainsong; 09-03-2007 at 11:15 PM..
Old 09-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

And all your response above ^ is the difference between a Bruce message board and a Bon Jovi board. Everyone here is saying how cool this would be. I personally would love to hear Jon and Billy Joel together too - not to mention McCartney.

Over on Greasy Lake they are saying it is their worst nightmare to hear Jon sing with Bruce. I may be a longtime Bruce fan but I am so fed up with the Bruce is god attitude.

I prefer the Bon Jovi fans - they are much more open minded.

Kathleen

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Jovi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
And all your response above ^ is the difference between a Bruce message board and a Bon Jovi board. Everyone here is saying how cool this would be. I personally would love to hear Jon and Billy Joel together too - not to mention McCartney.

Over on Greasy Lake they are saying it is their worst nightmare to hear Jon sing with Bruce. I may be a longtime Bruce fan but I am so fed up with the Bruce is god attitude.

I prefer the Bon Jovi fans - they are much more open minded.

Kathleen
Yea, I'm with you Kathleen. I don't get the negativity whenever there is mention of Jon and Bruce in the same sentence as far as diehard Bruce fans. For God sakes, Bruce, went to the party, don't they get their is some relationship and mutual respect there.

deb
Old 09-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Dry County

It'd be nice to be a fly on the wall at this party.

As for Bruce fans, IMO they sound like they are afraid that Jon will eventually replace Bruce as NJ's all time favorite music artist. And fear causes hatred and intolerance.