Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Circle Tour

General BJ Discussion

Old 02-04-2021, 10:47 PM
Next 100 Posts

Send a message via MSN to jimmyjovi89
Default The Circle Tour

What’s everyone’s favourite shows of the Circle tour?

1. Sydney Night 3- Epic performance, What do you got? in the rain followed by Something to Believe in and an angry Happy Now. With a great version of I Believe too.

2. Hard Rock Calling, the band completely blew everyone away, stunning version of Always, Hey God and Keep the Faith. Richie was on fire and Jon was class too.

3. Dresden- Bounce, Undived, Something to Believe in, can’t argue with that set list. Great performance again, that summer they were the best band on the planet.

Although my personal favourite moment was Hard Letting you go from the 02. I really loved hearing The Circle tracks live too.

Old 02-04-2021, 11:19 PM
Posting everyday

The three you mentioned are definitely in the top tier. Dresden was a big surprise since shows in Eastern Germany always got the "play the set and get out of here" treatment, but the band was up for it that night! Even though ticket sales had been moderate at best.

A few others I'd add (no particular order).
Buenos Aires 2010: Great crowd, great band, great setlist
Mannheim 2011: The audience recording doesn't really give the vibe away. There just was something in the air that night, the band's vibe to really deliver and the crowd that were in a big party mood. It's also the show where the Wanted performance really stuck in my memory (and it usually doesn't).
Lisbon 2011: Jon's vocals were quite straining there, but the effort to really deliver for the final night was there. Great set of rarities and, for me, the second-best tour finish they've done after Helsinki 1996.
MSG Night 3 2011: The famous show with the blackout and the band firing on all cylinders to make up for it. Had the first half been rather standard, the second half was anything but that!
Vienna 2011: Great energy, great setlist, stunning second encore!

There's a whole lot more of shows that I'd rate very good, but not quite up there for one reason or another like Udine 2011, Mohegan Sun 2010, New Meadowlands Stadium Night 2 and 3 in 2010, O2 Arena Night 7 2010, Toronto Night 2 2010, Barcelona 2011 or Sao Paulo 2010. All really nice shows where we'd flip if we got something like that today! Just listing these shows that the band were really living their Indian summer in those 2 years! What a time it has been!
Old 02-05-2021, 12:38 AM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Honestly, I do think Hyde Park 2011 gets overlooked. I think Jon was on really good form that night. I went to the Manchester show the night before and the two shows are like night and day. Manchester was ok but very safe and the weather was awful. Hyde Park just had something special (I didn't go) from listening to it live on the stream that day to listening to it now.

That version of Living On A Prayer I listen too a lot!

Jon staying on for a long time and reportedly having to be carried off backstage because he genuinely didn't stop moving.

Dublin night 2 2011 as well is a show I watch a fair bit.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 02-05-2021, 12:54 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
Honestly, I do think Hyde Park 2010 gets overlooked. I think Jon was on really good form that night. I went to the Manchester show the night before and the two shows are like night and day. Manchester was ok but very safe and the weather was awful. Hyde Park just had something special (I didn't go) from listening to it live on the stream that day to listening to it now.

That version of Living On A Prayer I listen too a lot!

Jon staying on for a long time and reportedly having to be carried off backstage because he genuinely didn't stop moving.

Dublin night 2 2011 as well is a show I watch a fair bit.

Hard Rock Calling was Hyde Park. Listed by the OP and I agreed with it as well
So not overlooked. I was stunned when listening to the live broadcast back then!
Old 02-05-2021, 12:55 AM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Not by you two haha! In general when speaking to fans about 2011.

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 02-05-2021, 12:57 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Oslo, Norway June 15 2011 is number 1 for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2021, 01:22 AM
Next 100 Posts

Send a message via MSN to jimmyjovi89

Just listening to the start of Dublin Night 2 that band was on fire! I forgot how cool it was when Bounce appeared at a couple of shows.
Old 02-05-2021, 03:16 AM
Jovi Freak

The only and first show I went that tour: Peru 2010. Still with Sambora.
Old 02-05-2021, 08:46 AM
Dry County

Montreal 2010, night #2 - great setlist, Jon on fire, astonishing vocals throughout, one of the best BOR and Always performances since god knows when, immense Saturday Night, very long show

Philadelphia 2010, night #2 - the whole band just rockin' out like real mofos all the way through the show, awesome medley of Bad Medicine/Bad Case Of Loving You/Shout, again great version of BOR, Only Lonely opening the encore

Sao Paulo 2010 - not as epic setlist as in Buenos Aires three days earlier, but still great + insane energy and fantastic vocals, AMAZING crowd

Sydney 2010, night #3 - a setlist so stunning and rarity-filled it's crazy, overall Jon's best show vocally since probably Bremen 2000, dynamite performances of STBI, Saturday Night, KTF, Dry County and These Days

MSG 2011, night #2 - even though the band really fired up on all cylinders from HAND onwards during night #3 after the mixing board incident had been solved, I've always preferred this one overall; not a single bit of autopilot in sight at any point even though roughly the first third of the setlist was quite predictable, amazing energy, Jon working the crowd like a mad man, again magnificent vocals, one of the very few times I think ILTT actually fit the encore and felt genuine, epic back-to-back performances of Always and These Days, Jon obviously not wanting to leave the stage at all hence the extra long 2nd encore

Philadelphia 2011 - Jon's birthday show, energy totally out of control, whole band on absolute fire, truly stunning performances of several songs, IMO best US show in a very long time even with basically no rarities performed; a prime example of how you don't need to have a particularly epic setlist to perform an absolutely kick-ass show

Hard Rock Calling 2011 - plain and simply an epic show in every way, no need to really add anything that hasn't been said

Mannheim 2011 - after the snooze-fests that were Düsseldorf and Zürich, a more-than-welcome return to the form of the best live band out there; stunning show, several rarities sprinkled throughout the set and a kick-ass performance of Hey God opening the encore

Vienna 2011 - again insane energy, whole band really playing for their supper throughout the night, THE essential '11 performances of Saturday Night and Blood On Blood, greatest 2nd encore imaginable

Barcelona 2011 - although Jon's vocals were not quite as strong as in many other shows that year (still very good for the most part though), both the energy and setlist were just unbelievable, not forgetting to mention an epic crowd and the atmosphere of the whole band being, to quote Jon, "on one of those kind of moods" that night

San Sebastian 2011 - criminally underrated show, Jon's vocals at full force again, an amazing energy and setlist (even though Bobby's solo alone killed Wild In The Streets early on to the show), the highly anticipated return of This Ain't A Love Song and an epic These Days with Romeo And Juliet by Dire Straits as an introduction

Lisbon 2011 - the last truly epic show of this band, a bit knackered but overall still very impressive vocals by Jon, absolutely stunning performances of I Believe and TAALS (just to name a few), insane energy and passion, truly a show worth its legendary reputation

Last edited by BJFan99; 02-05-2021 at 12:26 PM..
Old 02-05-2021, 07:22 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Send a message via MSN to Jonny Sambora

Great post. The Indian summer of the band and a tour I loved following at the time.

If I had to pick 3:

Sydney night 3
Hard Rock Calling
Dublin night 2 (biased I know but it was amazing and even though first night was great the 2nd night was just amazing. Will never forget it!)

Other honourable mentions: Toronto night 2, MSG night 3, Uncasville, Udine, Vienna, Lisbon, San Sebastian...I could go on.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Dublin 20th June 2003
London Hyde Park 28th June 2003
Dublin 20th May 2006
Munich 28th May 2006
New Jersey Giants Stadium 29th July 2006
Dublin 7th June 2008
Dublin 29th June 2011
Dublin 30th June 2011
Slane 15th June 2013
Richie Sambora Dublin 30th June 2014
Richie Sambora Belfast 1st July 2014