Old 08-06-2014, 06:36 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon View Post
Two things:

1- Jon is worth a lot more than what is reported here. The .5Bn would be enough if all his net worth was the income from music/touring/merchandising over the last 30 years, no interest, no investments, no nothing. Let's take a very very conservative scenario:

Jon was worth $100M in 1996, after the These Days tour, after 75 Million sold records, after a very successful solo album, after all the income from Skid Row, after having all affairs run by his own management company.

Let's say he gets all his assets managed by AN AVERAGE private wealth advisor who achieves 10% year on year growth. 10% is nothing by the way. Top private bankers get you upwards of 20%. Now with a 10% growth rate, he'd be worth $560,000,000 today. That is not considering ANY additional income from music since 1996. Not ANY other investments such as, say, NYC property which could have easily tripled over the last 18 years. Etc. etc. Now of course, he'd have to pay taxes for all of that, and he spend a good chunk as well. There was a Financial crisis in the mid time too. Still, I'd bet you, Jon is worth close to 1 Bn than 500 M. But even so, not enough to just be the principal investor.

2- I can't believe anyone would even think that Jon is a naive little muppet that some Canadian guys would use without him noticing. Rocknation, maybe you should try to get a job to warn him that it's all a PR gag, orchestrated by some, yet unknown billionaire, who really WANTS to add an NFL team to their portfolio of stuff. What the hell?
This is one of the most sensible posts in this topic exactly because you're using some information and use common sense, as opposed to just thinking "Forbes says this so he must have that amount of money". No one knows how much money he's got. He might have invested it in some projects and could have 3 times as much as Forbes says.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Old 08-06-2014, 08:32 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
A very conservative scenario...Let's say he gets all his assets managed by an average private wealth advisor who achieves 10% year on year growth. 10% is nothing by the way. Top private bankers get you upwards of 20%. Now with a 10% growth rate, he'd be worth $560,000,000 today. That is not considering ANY additional income from music since 1996. Not ANY other investments such as, say, NYC property which could have easily tripled over the last 18 years. Etc. etc. Now of course, he'd have to pay taxes for all of that, and he spend a good chunk as well. There was a Financial crisis in the mid time too. Still, I'd bet you, Jon is worth close to 1Bn than 500M. But even so, not enough to just be the principal investor.

I can't believe anyone would even think that Jon is a naive little muppet that some Canadian guys would use without him noticing. Rocknation, maybe you should try to get a job to warn him that it's all a PR gag, orchestrated by some, yet unknown billionaire, who really WANTS to add an NFL team to their portfolio of stuff...
A job? No, I'd do it for nothing. But it's a great idea, and I appreciate the compliment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
This is one of the most sensible posts in this topic exactly because you're using some information and use common sense, as opposed to just thinking "Forbes says this so he must have that amount of money". No one knows how much money he's got. He might have invested it in some projects and could have 3 times as much as Forbes says...
"A very conservative SCENARIO...LET'S SAY he gets all his assets managed by an AVERAGE private wealth advisor"? DevilsSon is "just thinking" and doing "sensible" guesswork based on the available information just like I did. And the "unknown" billionaire is the Toronto-based Rogers media conglomerate, who at $7.6 billion could easily buy the team themselves. It doesn't make "common sense" that they would want a "mere" half-billionaire with very little operating capital to contribute as a partner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
With estimated 400 - 500 million $ you can easily live the life of a very wealthy man...But it's pretty unrealistic that he spends 90% of that money to buy a football team...A seven-time billionaire probably can't understand how somebody can make a living out of this.

...(T)he real decisions are made by the people with the real money who really can afford a NFL team. A...hundred-millionaire rockstar (has) got nothing to say in that billionaire's business.
The bottom line (if you'll pardon the expression) is that Jon hasn't got enough to put up the majority of either the franchise fee or the operating capital -- he'd be bidding alone if he did. But if he's fine with owning or running the team in name only, fine.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 10-27-2017 at 07:33 PM..
Old 08-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

This is one of the most sensible posts in this topic exactly because you're using some information and use common sense, as opposed to just thinking "Forbes says this so he must have that amount of money". No one knows how much money he's got. He might have invested it in some projects and could have 3 times as much as Forbes says.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
So when in 1996 a magazine writes he's worth $ 100M it's true and we can calculate with use of common sense how much he has today and when in 2014 a magazine (maybe the same?) writes he's worth $ 500M than it's not true?

Let's keep it that way: He has more money than anybody of us can imagine but he hasn't enough money to buy an NFL team alone.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:04 PM
Something for the Posts

8/6/14 Update: Pegulas seen pulling away in Bills race as Bon Jovi group reportedly will submit adjusted bid
Quote:
... (A) source close to Bon Jovi's group informed The Buffalo News...it will submit an adjusted initial bid (August 5)... (and)... confirmed... that Bon Jovi's original bid was rejected last week. The initial offer was deemed financially insufficient and didn't include enough assurances about the Bills' long-term future in Western New York.

The rock star's involvement in the Bills sale has become toxic because he's aligned with Toronto partners who have wanted to bring a team to Canada. Bon Jovi's open letter printed in Sunday's edition of The News was considered a public-relations disaster. One representative from another ownership group called it "ridiculous." One of Bon Jovi's allies said it was "stupid." Fans were offended because the rah-rah letter offered no guarantees...

Among NFL owners, the Pegulas will be an easy sell to join their exclusive club, especially if the Pegulas are willing to spend a record sum to acquire the Bills. Terry Pegula, as owner of the Buffalo Sabres, already has been vetted as a deserving sports businessman....

Bon Jovi's biggest strengths heading into the process were highly placed connections within the league...But those people might now be advising him to forget the Bills and worry about buying another team down the road.
And unless you DON'T mind being just a hired general manager, invest in something that you would own in EVERY sense of the word, with COMPLETE financial AND logistical control -- like a rock band, maybe?

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 08-07-2014 at 12:39 AM..
Old 08-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
So when in 1996 a magazine writes he's worth $ 100M it's true and we can calculate with use of common sense how much he has today and when in 2014 a magazine (maybe the same?) writes he's worth $ 500M than it's not true?

Let's keep it that way: He has more money than anybody of us can imagine but he hasn't enough money to buy an NFL team alone.
Who said anything about a magazine in 1996? I think in 1996, magazines were reporting more. The 100M were part of my conservative assumption based on 75 million albums sold, etc etc everything I outlined there. It's a conservative assumption just to outline that the 500M is most definitely wrong.

As about Forbes, great magazine, but notorious for their 'worth' index to be wrong. I remember they featured this Romanian billionaire to be worth $800M and next month he sold his shares in a Petrol Company to the Kazakh Government for $3.5Bn. And that was within a month. Now he is listed at 1.5 Bn despite nothing having happened to his assets. Just makes you wonder.
http://www.forbes.com/profile/dinu-patriciu/

Another reason why I am so adamant about this is because I had a direct view into the accounts of a very famous English pop star who is often featured in these types of publications. His accounts with just ONE Private Bank alone are about the same what is reported in the press. No one keeps all their eggs in one basket. Not to mention that his arts collection is estimated at over $50M but is never part of any valuations.

But yeah. Whatever. I agree he can't pull it all by himself. All I am saying is that rocknation has a history for crazy hypotheses. Thinking that of all people Jon is some sort of muppet, that is severely understating the man. I am sure he is very much aware of what he is able to pull and what he is not. What his role will be in the ownership structure and how much influence he will have. Every step in Jon Bon's life and career has been perfectly calculated and let's face it, he turned an average band (post 2000 Jovi) into the biggest touring act of the planet and, despite only making average music, elevated the band to iconic status. The man is anything but STUPID. I give Jon Bon lots of slack whenever I can, but I'd never ever underestimate his business mind.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:57 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Who said anything about a magazine in 1996? I think in 1996, magazines were reporting more. The 100M were part of my conservative assumption based on 75 million albums sold, etc etc everything I outlined there. It's a conservative assumption just to outline that the 500M is most definitely wrong.

As about Forbes, great magazine, but notorious for their 'worth' index to be wrong. I remember they featured this Romanian billionaire to be worth $800M and next month he sold his shares in a Petrol Company to the Kazakh Government for $3.5Bn. And that was within a month. Now he is listed at 1.5 Bn despite nothing having happened to his assets. Just makes you wonder.

Another reason why I am so adamant about this is because I had a direct view into the accounts of a very famous English pop star who is often featured in these types of publications. His accounts with just ONE Private Bank alone are about the same what is reported in the press. No one keeps all their eggs in one basket. Not to mention that his arts collection is estimated at over $50M but is never part of any valuations.

But yeah. Whatever. I agree he can't pull it all by himself. All I am saying is that rocknation has a history for crazy hypotheses. Thinking that of all people Jon is some sort of muppet, that is severely understating the man. I am sure he is very much aware of what he is able to pull and what he is not. What his role will be in the ownership structure and how much influence he will have. Every step in Jon Bon's life and career has been perfectly calculated and let's face it, he turned an average band (post 2000 Jovi) into the biggest touring act of the planet and, despite only making average music, elevated the band to iconic status. The man is anything but STUPID. I give Jon Bon lots of slack whenever I can, but I'd never ever underestimate his business mind.

Jon knows the eight people, has been touring for decades, can still put on a good show and has the right management. Most of the average fans don't care for Jon's voice or for the setlists. They like the songs they know and the way Jon looks and acts. Nobody really cares for the last album it is the same with U2 or The Stones isn't it? He has a lot of help with analyzing what the people want, there are enough tools to crawl the web and it is not that hard to figure out the rest. He also dictates what journalists should ask him. It is pretty simple. He is the darling of these American morning shows so that he gets exposure when he needs it.
And really: ripping off fans via fan club events is just common sense because we all know many women would pay anything to stand next to Jon for a photo.
It is a combination of many things but it is not only working because Jon is smart.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:03 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:

But yeah. Whatever. I agree he can't pull it all by himself. All I am saying is that rocknation has a history for crazy hypotheses. Thinking that of all people Jon is some sort of muppet, that is severely understating the man.
Right -- if this story has a moral, it's that there's a difference between what you HAVE and what you're WORTH, which is calculated by subtracting what you OWE from what you have.

I think Jon was more shortsighted than naive. And I'm very proud of my track record of hypotheses, because they've been called crazy a LOT more often than they're called wrong!

Old 08-07-2014, 05:41 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
Right -- if this story has a moral, it's that there's a difference between what you HAVE and what you're WORTH, which is calculated by subtracting what you OWE from what you have.
What are you talking about? Net worth indices are calculated like balance sheets. Liabilities are removed from Assets and that is what is reported.But yeah...I have no idea what the hell stuff you've been taking again. Maybe you can tell me?

Back to Forbes because I was bored,the articles they feature on the guy I mentioned (Dinu Patriciu) quote his net worth at $800M, $1.5Bn, and $2.5Bn. This is all within a timespan of two years. They even say that he is committed to invest '1Bn' and in the same article he is quoted to be worth 1.5 Bn. As if someone would invest 2/3 of their wealth in ONE single project. In fact he is worth between 3.5 and 4Bn but by now that is completely irrelevant.

Quote:
I think Jon was more shortsighted than naive. And I'm very proud of my track record of hypotheses, because they've been called crazy a LOT more often than they're called wrong!
Yes. Poor short sighted Jon. What the hell. He's not Charlie Sheen. He's not ****in' Axl Rose. It's Jon Bon Jovi. I'm sure though, if he ever visits this forum, he'll be super glad rocknation is keeping an eye open to protect him from all the evil Canadian multi-billionaires. As about the stuff you usually post, I'll abstain from making more comments. I think everyone here has made a note of it though.

Last edited by DevilsSon; 08-07-2014 at 05:44 PM..
Old 08-07-2014, 05:49 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith1985 View Post
Jon knows the eight people, has been touring for decades, can still put on a good show and has the right management. Most of the average fans don't care for Jon's voice or for the setlists. They like the songs they know and the way Jon looks and acts. Nobody really cares for the last album it is the same with U2 or The Stones isn't it? He has a lot of help with analyzing what the people want, there are enough tools to crawl the web and it is not that hard to figure out the rest. He also dictates what journalists should ask him. It is pretty simple. He is the darling of these American morning shows so that he gets exposure when he needs it.
And really: ripping off fans via fan club events is just common sense because we all know many women would pay anything to stand next to Jon for a photo.
It is a combination of many things but it is not only working because Jon is smart.
Yes. And because it's so super simple, there are exactly 6 other acts in the world with similar track records. The Stones, U2, McCartney, Madonna, AC/DC and Bruce Springsteen. They all made a billion+ in touring the last ten years because of getting the right tools to crawl the web and tell them what to do and because middle aged women want to take pictures of them.

What the hell is going on here? The latest few posts in this thread make me seriously question why on Earth I am even participating in this discussion.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
What are you talking about? Net worth indices are calculated like balance sheets. Liabilities are removed from Assets and that is what is reported.But yeah...I have no idea what the hell stuff you've been taking again. Maybe you can tell me?

Back to Forbes because I was bored,the articles they feature on the guy I mentioned (Dinu Patriciu) quote his net worth at $800M, $1.5Bn, and $2.5Bn. This is all within a timespan of two years. They even say that he is committed to invest '1Bn' and in the same article he is quoted to be worth 1.5 Bn. As if someone would invest 2/3 of their wealth in ONE single project. In fact he is worth between 3.5 and 4Bn but by now that is completely irrelevant.

Yes. Poor short sighted Jon. What the hell. He's not Charlie Sheen. He's not ****in' Axl Rose. It's Jon Bon Jovi. I'm sure though, if he ever visits this forum, he'll be super glad rocknation is keeping an eye open to protect him from all the evil Canadian multi-billionaires. As about the stuff you usually post, I'll abstain from making more comments. I think everyone here has made a note of it though.
Most of the billionaires net worth depends on the stock market as majority of their money is in the stock very few billionaires will have couple of billions lying in their checking account So a person net worth can go up and down a lot depending how their stock is doing on the stock market