Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Unreleased Song Titles (Revisited)

General BJ Discussion

Old 07-15-2017, 01:48 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
I still believe that Jon (and Richie?) wrote "I Remember You" and "18&Life" for the first Skid Row record. These songs are a lot closer to the Jovi songwriting from that era than they are to the rest on Skid Row's debut.
18 & Life had been demoed by Skid Row before the band got signed via BJ. Baz, who the label demanded to get onboard for them to have a career, wasn't even in the band at that point. Sure, Snake and JBJ were friends before that, but I'd imagine BJ writing a track for them became more of a likely occurence after they helped them getting signed.

Not sure if Youth Gone Wild was demoed before, too, I'd have to check. But neither song is very BJ, tbh - 18 & Life is all arpeggios as far as guitar is concerned, with the trademark pentatonic licks nowhere to be found - can't think of any BJ song from the 80s being all about arpeggios. And Youth Gone Wild... VERY atypical riff, lyrics and overall feel. The chorus has gang vocals, but other than that...

Old 07-15-2017, 04:43 AM
The Distance

The entire album was demoed with another singer prior... Jon has always been rumored to be a ghost writer on the hits being that they are so different from the album tracks... imo, I think there was a 'ghost writer' but I don't know if it was Jon... i just think something would have came out by now if he was unless it was written within the contract... Jon did have a very big investment within that first album which was the reason for the big falling out...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2017, 01:52 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
I might be able to help with this....leave it with me.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
What are the lyrics in the chorus?
Listening to the song a couple of times now, I´m not really sure that it has a "real" chorus. The title could also be "Falling in Love" or "I´m in Love" He sings the line "Falling in love, girl with you" just once. It´s very hard to understand cause it has a bad quality and english is not my native language.

It starts like this:
It´s kinda (don´t understand that word) it´s kinda crazy, she´s a girl, she´s my lady, she´s the one that makes all men cry,.....

Duration of the song is 1:57 min.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:56 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger11 View Post
Thanks!

Listening to the song a couple of times now, I´m not really sure that it has a "real" chorus. The title could also be "Falling in Love" or "I´m in Love" He sings the line "Falling in love, girl with you" just once. It´s very hard to understand cause it has a bad quality and english is not my native language.

It starts like this:
It´s kinda (don´t understand that word) it´s kinda crazy, she´s a girl, she´s my lady, she´s the one that makes all men cry,.....

Duration of the song is 1:57 min.
Thanks... I don't know those songs... not in general population... can you post them or even just keep it simple and record them with your cell and send them?

Old 07-16-2017, 05:15 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Thanks... I don't know those songs... not in general population... can you post them or even just keep it simple and record them with your cell and send them?

It's the American Dream demo.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:18 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
The entire album was demoed with another singer prior... Jon has always been rumored to be a ghost writer on the hits being that they are so different from the album tracks... imo, I think there was a 'ghost writer' but I don't know if it was Jon... i just think something would have came out by now if he was unless it was written within the contract... Jon did have a very big investment within that first album which was the reason for the big falling out...

Jon has publicly said he wrote songs for Skid Row (when asked about writing for other artists), but he's never been credited on their albums. Draw your own conclusions.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:26 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Jon has publicly said he wrote songs for Skid Row (when asked about writing for other artists), but he's never been credited on their albums. Draw your own conclusions.
I don't ever remember him saying that exactly... I remember him saying that he stopped by something but not sure what and where....

Old 07-19-2017, 06:45 PM
Something for the Posts

Yeah, I don't ever remember hearing Jon saying that either.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:19 AM
Keep the Faith

There is video from recording Crush in which Jon is dviring by car. Near Bach (or someone else) house he told that there we wrote "18 and life".
Old 07-20-2017, 03:02 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonJovi100 View Post
There is video from recording Crush in which Jon is dviring by car. Near Bach (or someone else) house he told that there we wrote "18 and life".
Yep, that's the one... it's probably on YouTube somewhere... from my recollection Jon doesn't flat out say that he wrote 18 and life...or any song for that matter...