Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

The Official Bryan Adams Thread

Other Bands

Old 08-02-2019, 11:20 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Shine A Light Tour is big and Bryan Adams is finally coming to Greece after 27 years! I saw him in Sofia in 2016, oh man, what an amazing show!

He's great, if you got the chance, it's a must see

Old 08-02-2019, 12:41 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi View Post
He's great, if you got the chance, it's a must see
I felt the same way after I'd seen him play for the first time.

Then I learned that he's kind of a prick to die hards requesting rare songs I quickly fell out of love with his "genuine" thank you's. It's really all a very well rehearsed act as he's turned into an applause junkie. Most of what's said is said just so people can sing praises.

I'd pay good money if he'd do tour playing stuff from the eighties only but unfortunately there's too many ballads and slow songs, absolutely no flow, everything's scripted including the "requests" and "genuine" thank you speeches, the new stuff is wank and then there's the god-awful encores consisting of irrelevant covers and more ballads.

The last time I saw him play was for the Get Up! tour and frankly I was bored out of my mind as half the set is stuff that either doesn't deserve to get played or needs to be put to rest. Much like with Bon Jovi, really.

But have fun.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 08-03-2019, 08:30 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

I felt the same way after I'd seen him play for the first time.

Then I learned that he's kind of a prick to die hards requesting rare songs I quickly fell out of love with his "genuine" thank you's. It's really all a very well rehearsed act as he's turned into an applause junkie. Most of what's said is said just so people can sing praises.

I'd pay good money if he'd do tour playing stuff from the eighties only but unfortunately there's too many ballads and slow songs, absolutely no flow, everything's scripted including the "requests" and "genuine" thank you speeches, the new stuff is wank and then there's the god-awful encores consisting of irrelevant covers and more ballads.

The last time I saw him play was for the Get Up! tour and frankly I was bored out of my mind as half the set is stuff that either doesn't deserve to get played or needs to be put to rest. Much like with Bon Jovi, really.

But have fun.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Great way to prevent someone from going 😂 Anyway, I really liked and enjoyed the show in Sofia during the Get Up Tour so I’d love to see Bryan Adams again. Possibly it’s all scripted as you mention but at least he can sing (shots fired Jon ) and performs about 3 hours if I’m not mistaken and the ticket is cheap so nothing better to do on a Monday night in November, right?. In Sofia he played 32 songs and closed the encore with Straight from the Heart and All For One.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:26 PM
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi View Post
Great way to prevent someone from going 😂 Anyway, I really liked and enjoyed the show in Sofia during the Get Up Tour so I’d love to see Bryan Adams again. Possibly it’s all scripted as you mention but at least he can sing (shots fired Jon ) and performs about 3 hours if I’m not mistaken and the ticket is cheap so nothing better to do on a Monday night in November, right?. In Sofia he played 32 songs and closed the encore with Straight from the Heart and All For One.
Your arguments were all reasons why I went for a second time as well. But those songs have been part of the encore for about 20 years. Pretty much if Bon Jovi always would've started doing an encore of Runaway and Bed Of Roses on the Crush Tour and then never removing them or changing the arrangements. It gets old rather quick. There's really no reason to stay anymore after the main set as the chance of getting something you've either not heard before or something decent are slim. And although the shows feel long, most run for 2,5 hours including many breaks (Encore this, encore that, switch to b-stage, doing lengthy boring speeches etc.).

As for it being scripted; He did a show in the U.K. years ago going "I usually don't say this but tonight I'll make an exception. This is the best crowd of the tour hands down" and then went on to repeat it for the rest of the U.K. leg. I know artists have their schtick but there's telling a story every time or just saying things for a reaction. Everything he says in between the songs is scripted and done to get an applause out of the crowd. Cheer for the drummer. Cheer for the piano player. Cheer for the house lights. Cheer for the women from [insert country], cheer for the French fries ordered earlier. Cheer for this. Cheer for that. A lot of his schtick is great a first time but once you notice this it's hard not to miss it and it gets a bit much.

I always feel that in between the pointless banter, endless ballads, guitar adjusting and the "I will invite a girl onstage, preferably a blonde" there's a truly great Bryan Adams show in there somewhere. It's why recordings from the shows from before 1992 are just a lot more enjoyable for me.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 08-05-2019 at 11:39 PM..
Old 02-21-2022, 08:25 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986
Default So Happy It Hurts

New album So Happy It Hurts is out 11th March 2022.

I've listened to the title track and "On The Road" so far and they sound decent, though nothing memorable. I haven't listened to a "new" Bryan album since 11 (2008 ) which was borderline mediocre along with Room Service (2004) but these two seem to have a slightly sharper more "rock" production than the two previous albums I mentioned. Obviously not on the same level as Reckless or even On a Day Like Today.

I'm not sure how many people here are still interested in new Bryan Adams music but it's here.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.

Last edited by Dave 1986; 02-21-2022 at 08:32 PM..
Old 02-21-2022, 09:29 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 1986 View Post
New album So Happy It Hurts is out 11th March 2022.

I've listened to the title track and "On The Road" so far and they sound decent, though nothing memorable. I haven't listened to a "new" Bryan album since 11 (2008 ) which was borderline mediocre along with Room Service (2004) but these two seem to have a slightly sharper more "rock" production than the two previous albums I mentioned. Obviously not on the same level as Reckless or even On a Day Like Today.

I'm not sure how many people here are still interested in new Bryan Adams music but it's here.

He also have an digital album out on march 4th. Music from the Pretty Woman musical with his vocals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2022, 08:35 AM
Price of posting

The song So happy it hurts is Bryan adams by numbers and nothing new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 03-12-2022, 04:33 PM
Keep the Faith

New album out yesterday.
Anyone listened to it?
I am about to start it.
MADRID-22/5/2003 / MILTON KEYNES-10 & 11/6/2006 / LONDON-24/6/2007 / STUTTGART-29/5/2008 / BARCELONA-1/6/2008 / LONDON-27 & 28/6/2008 / NEW JERSEY-26 & 27/5/2010 / MADRID-4/6/2010 / PARIS-16/6/2010 / MADRID-6/11/2010 / DRESDEN-10/6/2011 / MUNICH-12/6/2011 / ZEEBRUGGE-24/7/2011 / BARCELONA-27/7/2011 / SAN SEBASTIAN-29/7/2011 / LISBON-31/7/2011 / RICHIE SAMBORA-LONDON-16/10/12 / BERLIN-18/6/13 / KOLN-22/6/13 / MADRID-27/6/13 / MILANO-29/6/13 / LIVERPOOL-19/6/19 / LONDON-21/6/19 / MADRID-7/7/19
Old 05-14-2022, 12:10 PM
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Aloha !

I've just come back from London to see Bryan Adams play Cuts Like A Knife, Into the Fire and Waking Up The Neighbours in full followed by about 14 other songs, I think. This is the equivalent of Bon Jovi playing Fahrenheit, New Jersey and Keep The Faith in full. These shows were pretty good even though I've no desire to ever go see him live again. The first half is why I became a fan and the second half, which is what he regularly does nowadays, is why I'm no longer interested. It felt like watching 2 different acts.

However, would Bryan Adams have supported Bon Jovi several years ago and played about 10 of his biggest hits there's just no way Jon wouldn't have gotten some shit from both casuals and die hard Bon Jovi fans. Both he and his band give Bon Jovi a run for their money nowadays. I've just looked up what his biggest hits in the U.S.A. were and made a selection:

1. Straight From the Heart
2. Run To You
3. Heaven
4. One Night Love Affair
5. Heat Of The Night
6. (Everything I Do) I Do It for You
7. Do I Have To Say The Words?
8. Can't Stop This Thing We Started
9. All For Love
10. Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?

These were all top 10 hits and include 4 number 1 singles.

If that would get followed up by Bon Jovi played 6 of their hits and then 14 of the songs no one cares for there's just no way people wouldn't have preferred the support act over the headliner. Jon Bon Jovi's lucky that tour got canceled.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 05-15-2022 at 01:40 PM..
Old 05-15-2022, 10:19 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

I lost interest in Bryan back in the 90's. I remember a woman I used to work with was obsessed by Bryan--it was actually almost creepy!

Tags
bryan adams