Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Hand

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 09-22-2005, 06:38 AM
Suddenly

Default Hand

Surprised i haven't seen too much talkin of Jon's voice on this album.....before the album came out, alot of people were saying his voice was shot -- i would agree with anyone who said that he couldn't pull of these vocals live, fully, but i must also add that we haven't heard these kind of vocals for a long time -- i particularly like the retro Jovi Jersey-era vocals after the solo on Bells of Freedom........agree/disagree anyone?

i have a take on Dirty Little Secret -- first let me say this is one of the better songs they've done in a while, and should've been on the album for sure -- here's my take on the song -- it sounds like a song Duran Duran would have done in the 90s (the melody, the flow of the song, the feel -- not saying they were copying Duran Duran) it's actually a song i could see a Duran Duran doing -- anyone else hear that from the song?

Old 09-22-2005, 07:04 AM
It's my post

Send a message via MSN to ponrauil

I don't see the Duran Duran thing but I agree that it's Jon best work on an album in a very long time. Of course with today's technology about anyone could hit impossible notes, but I'm more on about how he nailed the perfect tone and power for about every song, even the ones I don't like so much. IMO it could be his best job since KTF.

Shame he didn't improved for his live work as well.

Ponrauil
Old 09-22-2005, 08:59 AM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

I actually wonder on how many songs his voice was improved by working on it on the computer, as live it's nowhere as powerful.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 09-22-2005, 02:53 PM
Runaway

[QUOTE=Jax2004]Surprised i haven't seen too much talkin of Jon's voice on this album.....before the album came out, alot of people were saying his voice was shot -- i would agree with anyone who said that he couldn't pull of these vocals live, fully, but i must also add that we haven't heard these kind of vocals for a long time -- i particularly like the retro Jovi Jersey-era vocals after the solo on Bells of Freedom........agree/disagree anyone?

Jersey-era vocals were the best. Nothing before or after could compare. I love that they're allowed at least a ghost-like presence on the album.
I actually think he could pull this off live. If he had a month afterwards ito rest and recover.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic
Aloha !

I actually wonder on how many songs his voice was improved by working on it on the computer, as live it's nowhere as powerful.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

In NY he's voice sounded suprisingly strong. quite strange.

Old 09-22-2005, 04:47 PM
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Aloha !

In Amsterdam it was as well. But it still has never been as good as it is on the album.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 09-22-2005, 04:52 PM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic
Aloha !

In Amsterdam it was as well. But it still has never been as good as it is on the album.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Who's voice is as strong in person as it is on the album?

I've been to hundreds of concerts and yet to see one singer in which that was the case.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

It dosen't neccessarily have to be as strong or the same as it is on cd. Jon puts 100% of vocal capability into the songs in the studio, as he should, but there's no point in him going out on stage and trying to do that every night becuase he'll just kill his voice (SWW Tour). It's about giving a strong, competent and energetic performance every night instead of 1 phenomenal followed by 5 shitty performances.

I think he is capable of pulling these songs off live every night. HAND is probably the most difficult song to replicate live and he dose that very well going on the performances in their own concerts thus far. Bells Of Freedom will be interesting to see how he dose this one, but he has already said it's the one he's most looking forward to playing live so he must be confident. Apart from those, I can't see any others giving him trouble. I just hope he plays them all.

And yes, his vocals are amazing on this album, definitely like the old pre-2000 Jon Bon Jovi.

Phil
It seems these days theres so much negativity going on in the world. I dont know maybe being a hopeless romantic or an optimist isnt fashionable but to me those stars up there were just that close,so i couldnt help but sit down with Richie and write this song and so for all the believers out there we're not a dying breed.This is called These Days~JBJ

Last edited by Krycek; 09-22-2005 at 04:58 PM..
Old 09-22-2005, 04:57 PM
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfan
Who's voice is as strong in person as it is on the album?

I've been to hundreds of concerts and yet to see one singer in which that was the case.
Each time a new band releases a new album, that artist is capable of singing the songs just as powerful as they are on the new album. I can understand an artist not being able to sing older songs just as powerful, that'd be ridiculous to think. But yes, I can name you examples. But Jon's voice simply isn't one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krycek
It dosen't neccessarily have to be as strong or the same as it is on cd. Jon puts 100% of vocal capability into the songs in the studio, as he should, but there's no point in him going out on stage and trying to do that every night becuase he'll just kill his voice (SWW Tour). It's about giving a strong, competent and energetic performance every night instead of 1 phenomenal followed by 5 shitty performances.
I can understand that. But a one off show like Amsterdam or the New York show still doesn't have the same power, which makes me seriously wonder if they worked on his voice by using a computer.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 09-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Just posting

Seb - You claim to know so much about music.

Seriously, if you can't understand this, I think it's you that will lose credibility.
When you're in a studio, you can do take after take. You're basically standing in one place, not running around all full of adrenalin like you are in concert. Naturally, your voice isn't going to have the same strength live as it does on a disc.

I've watched online sessions of the band recording the albums, and I don't see that they alter Jon's voice at all.