Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

If this record fails...........

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 09-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Just posting

Default If this record fails...........

Shame on the record company.

As much as I liked (not loved) Bounce, it can be argued that there wasn't alot of hit radio material on there. I do think The Distance may have been a missed opportunity, but other than that, there wasn't a whole lot they could use to push that album.

However, I don't think that's the case with H.A.N.D. I think there is far and away enough material on here to release as singles to propel the album further than Bounce. I think everyone seems to agree, if they don't release "I Am", they simply shouldn't be doing what they are doing. "Welcome to Wherever You Are" was the safe, and in all likelihood, intelligent bet for a second single. But you've also got "I wanna be loved", "Complicated" and "Novocaine", the latter 2 of which I think may honestly appeal to even the non-Jovi fan.

It was proven with "It's My Life" that all it takes is 1 single to sell an album. If that was a fluke, there are still (in just my opinion) at least 3 potential big singles off this record.

Old 09-18-2005, 06:53 PM
It's my post

if this album fails i fear that the next album (if it's going to be a next album) will be too pop in order to hit the charts. and that's a shame because hand maybe not a great album but it's a decent one with many nice songs.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Breakout

From what I've heard of HAND, it sounds great. And "I Am" is the best song by far on the album I think (although the rest are good too), and should be released as a single.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:55 PM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly_queen_from_mars
if this album fails i fear that the next album (if it's going to be a next album) will be too pop in order to hit the charts. and that's a shame because hand maybe not a great album but it's a decent one with many nice songs.
I think there will always be a next album. Although live shows are mostly older songs, Jon (despite what anyone tihnks of him) won't go on with the band if they just become a nostaligia act, as he has said before. And the fact is, where the record sales don't nearly match those of Slippery or New Jersey, they are still large enough to always make it worth doing. I mean, Bounce was considered a dissapointment with worldwide sales of 3-4 million. But let's face it, record sales for MOST artists aren't what they at one time were.

I one time just because I was bored, took a copy of the 50 selling CD's a few years back, and looked at the artists. Alot of what sells records today is the demographic that still spends money on them. Let me just say this - At times I wish I were 16 again so I had the money to spend on every CD I wanted, as opposed to rent, car payments, and clothes for kids.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Posting Always

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfan
Shame on the record company.

As much as I liked (not loved) Bounce, it can be argued that there wasn't alot of hit radio material on there. I do think The Distance may have been a missed opportunity, but other than that, there wasn't a whole lot they could use to push that album.

However, I don't think that's the case with H.A.N.D. I think there is far and away enough material on here to release as singles to propel the album further than Bounce. I think everyone seems to agree, if they don't release "I Am", they simply shouldn't be doing what they are doing. "Welcome to Wherever You Are" was the safe, and in all likelihood, intelligent bet for a second single. But you've also got "I wanna be loved", "Complicated" and "Novocaine", the latter 2 of which I think may honestly appeal to even the non-Jovi fan.

It was proven with "It's My Life" that all it takes is 1 single to sell an album. If that was a fluke, there are still (in just my opinion) at least 3 potential big singles off this record.
I fear they are gonna pick the wrong singles again. Welecome to Wherever You Are i think is one of the weakest songs on the album. And I've got a horrible feeling that Who Says You Can't Go Home is going to be the 3rd single and again is one of the weaker tracks.
They seem to make this mistake time and again and until they start picking the right singles the album sales are going to stall within a month of it's release!
Old 09-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

´´Who Says You Can’t Go Home´´ will destroy bon jovi´s reputation as a rock band forever.I agree with danfan "I wanna be loved", "Complicated" or "Novocaine" should be the next single.We should start a petition against ´´Who Says You Can’t Go Home´´ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Blaze of Posting

I think Who says will be released in the U.S. only.
And if they do that they should do like a double single release, sorty like release Who says to country and top 40 stations and release another track to rock radio.

But what I fear is, Where does that leave "I am"??
Old 09-18-2005, 09:44 PM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier
I think Who says will be released in the U.S. only.
And if they do that they should do like a double single release, sorty like release Who says to country and top 40 stations and release another track to rock radio.

But what I fear is, Where does that leave "I am"??
It's amazing, isn't it?

I mean, pretty much all of us agrees that the record company is going to release "Who Says" as a single, and we ll agree it's a HUGE mistake.

It seriously makes me wonder what Bon Jovi's record company is thinking. They have made some really piss-poor decisions in recent years. These guys are record execs, whose job it is to sell records, based upon the strength of those records.

How said is it that we're so used to the record company's bad calls that we're just waiting to hear the bad word that they're releasing "Who Says", arguably the worst song on the record, as a single? I wonder if we can contact Island/Def Jam and tell them to remove their own heads from their asses.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:48 PM
Blaze of Posting

the only explanation I can find is that country music is really big in the U.S. right now, so that's why I'm supposing that they'll release the song as a single in the U.S. only.
but that's just my guess.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:54 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

I've got a sick feeling too that Who Says will be the third single released. I think the first two singles were smart choices. I haven't heard the other songs but i'm sure there is something better than Who Says on the album for a third single.