Eric Clapton - Back Home

Other Bands

Old 08-11-2005, 02:34 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default Eric Clapton - Back Home

Aloha !

Eric Clapton will be releasing a new album, called Back Home, in August. The new single, Revolution, can be heard here:

http://www.warnerreprise.com/asx/eri...sion_128-a.asx

It's reggae, and very boring in my opinion. I hope the entire album (which won't be reggae all the way, is better than this. Tourdates for next year will be anounced within a few months. It's not going to be a big tour though, some in Europe, some in North America and a few in Japan.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Old 08-11-2005, 06:15 PM
It's my post

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Yahoo to Rob

Cool. I suppose when you're Eric you've pretty much done classic rock and the blues, so try something different. I wouldn't call it Reggae, although I see what you mean with the calypso style beat, and the trumpet style blasts, but there are some signature Eric guitar licks in there. I think it's pretty cool, looking forward to the new album.

Old 08-11-2005, 06:25 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Cool. I suppose when you're Eric you've pretty much done classic rock and the blues, so try something different. I wouldn't call it Reggae, although I see what you mean with the calypso style beat, and the trumpet style blasts, but there are some signature Eric guitar licks in there. I think it's pretty cool, looking forward to the new album.
I think it is reggae, and he's done it before (I Shot The Sheriff). The press release says the following:

"The first single from Eric Clapton's upcoming album "Back Home" finds him exploring reggae, which he's done to great success before. "Revolution," which Clapton cowrote with producer Simon Climie, features a loping rhythm, horns, understated guitar work, female backing vocalists, and a sing-along chorus. "Revolution" is out now, while the album is due August 30, 2005."

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 08-11-2005, 06:32 PM
It's my post

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Yahoo to Rob

Yeah I suppose he has done it before, but I Shot The Sheriff was a Bob Marley cover. Anyway it sounds pretty cool to me. The guitar and the female background vocals, and the catchy rhytm remind me a bit of Lay Down Sally.

Tags
back home, eric clapton