Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

SiriusXM Bon Jovi Radio ch. 709 stuff

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 10-13-2021, 08:07 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo5769 View Post
Too bad the band doesn't do like Metallica. The latter record 100% of their concerts and put them on sale on their site. You can even buy them in CD-R version with cover. In addition, it does not cost much. With Jon's pretty venal side, I'm amazed it hasn't been done yet.
"In addition, it does not cost much." In what aspect?

Old 10-14-2021, 06:42 PM
Next 100 Posts

I just looked on the METALLICA site, a full double CD concert costs $ 19.81. In addition there are already concerts from September 2021. So for me it is not expensive for a concert whose sound is like that of a CD bought in stores.
Old 10-14-2021, 07:41 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
I just looked on the METALLICA site, a full double CD concert costs $ 19.81. In addition there are already concerts from September 2021. So for me it is not expensive for a concert whose sound is like that of a CD bought in stores.
Gotcha, I wasn't sure if you meant it doesn't cost much to produce or to buy.

I think there are a lot of reasons Jon isn't doing this. Royalties, state of his voice, interest from the general public, cost to produce and market. Metallica have a really loyal fan base who go nuts for this stuff too. They band would need to sink serious money into marketing and getting back fans that walked away from diminished quality shows and high ticket costs.
Old 10-15-2021, 10:06 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Pearl Jam also does this, all their shows from 2000 to 2021 are available to download on FLAC and you can also buy it in physical format. Also a lot of select concerts from 1991 to 1998.

I have to add that these bands to this day still have a great live show, something that Bon Jovi no longer have.
Old 10-15-2021, 12:05 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Pearl Jam also does this, all their shows from 2000 to 2021 are available to download on FLAC and you can also buy it in physical format. Also a lot of select concerts from 1991 to 1998.

I have to add that these bands to this day still have a great live show, something that Bon Jovi no longer have.

Springsteen too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2021, 04:55 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Gotcha, I wasn't sure if you meant it doesn't cost much to produce or to buy.

I think there are a lot of reasons Jon isn't doing this. Royalties, state of his voice, interest from the general public, cost to produce and market. Metallica have a really loyal fan base who go nuts for this stuff too. They band would need to sink serious money into marketing and getting back fans that walked away from diminished quality shows and high ticket costs.
not false. but it is cool to have the concerts in which the radio version has taken part.
Old 10-15-2021, 07:33 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
not false. but it is cool to have the concerts in which the radio version has taken part.
Hell yeah. As long as someone else is footing the bill that's probably why it's going better than the Experience is, quality wise.
Old 10-16-2021, 01:29 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Hell yeah. As long as someone else is footing the bill that's probably why it's going better than the Experience is, quality wise.
I just wanted to say that I wouldn't mind buying the concerts I've been to. After that, it's true, you have to be able, or wanting, to buy these concerts.
Old 10-16-2021, 04:43 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
I just wanted to say that I wouldn't mind buying the concerts I've been to. After that, it's true, you have to be able, or wanting, to buy these concerts.
Of course. When I say "footing the bill" I don't mean fans paying for it, I mean a label or third party service taking care of the costs to market and release it.
Old 10-19-2021, 04:37 AM
The Distance

The 35th Slippery interview with Pink is up there...

Not terrible. The best part is the box set talk. I like how he said that the technology is there so hopefully some good stuff comes out of that... Maybe some old gems they thought got damaged or maybe spicing up some 1 track live takes.

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but Jon's got this new Santa Claus type laugh that's driving me crazy...

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Tags
siriusxm