Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Where has the REAL Jon gone?

General BJ Discussion

Old 07-07-2017, 07:21 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
The degree to which a lot of fans care about Jon's looks is I think the reason why he (rightfully) believes he can still keep going and get away with how he sounds these days. Yuck.

I totally agree but just hate to admit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-07-2017, 11:59 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I think the power of Jon's appearance is vastly over estimated. Do you really think people shell out an average of $150 or so a ticket to look at him? Unless you have great seats, you might as well be looking at an ant on a runway. If someone wants to look at him, they can get a better view looking at pictures or videos online.

I think many of you underestimate the power of the songs. The audience had emotional connections to the songs formed over a period of decades. I mean, who doesn't go back in time when they hear a certain song? You attach music to memories of people and events and it's the songs that you are there for. It seems to me that many of you want to write off Jon as nothing but a pretty face. It's not a pretty face that wrote/cowrote the soundtrack of my life. Well, that's my take on it.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:09 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I think the power of Jon's appearance is vastly over estimated. Do you really think people shell out an average of $150 or so a ticket to look at him? Unless you have great seats, you might as well be looking at an ant on a runway. If someone wants to look at him, they can get a better view looking at pictures or videos online.

I think many of you underestimate the power of the songs. The audience had emotional connections to the songs formed over a period of decades. I mean, who doesn't go back in time when they hear a certain song? You attach music to memories of people and events and it's the songs that you are there for. It seems to me that many of you want to write off Jon as nothing but a pretty face. It's not a pretty face that wrote/cowrote the soundtrack of my life. Well, that's my take on it.

He's definitely not just a pretty face - when he first started or now - he's extremely talented. His fans do love the music because we keep coming back for more even though it's heartbreaking to see (if we are close) and hear his vocal struggles.

Since he keeps going, even with his vocal struggles, I have to wonder if he does think since he's not "the fat Elvis" that he's doing okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2017, 11:26 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky0003 View Post

Since he keeps going, even with his vocal struggles, I have to wonder if he does think since he's not "the fat Elvis" that he's doing okay.
This! You took those words out of my mouth! I guess quite a few are wondering...