Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

JBJ Friendly Setlist

Tour Discussion

Old 09-01-2017, 06:38 PM
Next 100 Posts

Default JBJ Friendly Setlist

JBJ's vocal range is getting smaller as years go by. Yeah the confidence is starting come back and his recovery starting to effect but sadly he is still painful to watch. A one year rest could be good for him with exercises and vocal lessons of course. But if he wants to finish the WHOLE TOUR, then he needs an easier or a shorter setlist.

1. THINFS
2. Bad Name
3. We Don't Run
4. Knockout/ Born Again Tomorrow
5. It's My Life
6. You Had Me From Hello/ Saturday Night (The one from Burning Bridges)
7. BWC/ WAN
8. LH/ WWBTF
9. Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
10. KTF/ HAND
11. Sleep When I'm Dead
12. Runaway
13. Scars/ GBTM
14. Always/ILBTFY/BOR
15. Bad Medicine
16. Wanted
17. Prayer

I think songs like Had Me From Hello and Sunday Morning suits his whispery voice and this songs aren't hard to sing unlike the ones on #14. #7 and #10 could be optional. Sorry for my bad english though haha

Old 09-01-2017, 10:20 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap Crash View Post
JBJ's vocal range is getting smaller as years go by. Yeah the confidence is starting come back and his recovery starting to effect but sadly he is still painful to watch. A one year rest could be good for him with exercises and vocal lessons of course. But if he wants to finish the WHOLE TOUR, then he needs an easier or a shorter setlist.

1. THINFS
2. Bad Name
3. We Don't Run
4. Knockout/ Born Again Tomorrow
5. It's My Life
6. You Had Me From Hello/ Saturday Night (The one from Burning Bridges)
7. BWC/ WAN
8. LH/ WWBTF
9. Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
10. KTF/ HAND
11. Sleep When I'm Dead
12. Runaway
13. Scars/ GBTM
14. Always/ILBTFY/BOR
15. Bad Medicine
16. Wanted
17. Prayer

I think songs like Had Me From Hello and Sunday Morning suits his whispery voice and this songs aren't hard to sing unlike the ones on #14. #7 and #10 could be optional. Sorry for my bad english though haha
I, for one, would be very happy with that kind of a set nowadays. IBTFY and BOR should get played a lot more than Always, though, as Jon doesn't struggle with them nearly as much as he does with Always. I have to say I was extremely glad that Jon brought back the ad-libs at the end of IBTFY - they weren't as long or as "poetic" as before, but holy f***, it was still a nice touch and very cool to hear.

Scars pretty much puts me into sleep every time I hear it, so I'd suggest him to sing GBTM at its place as often as possible. I also much prefer Knockout to BAT, even though most of you probably don't. The same goes for YHMFH vs. SNGMSM - the former is far better of a track than the latter (Sunday Morning, for me, is basically a second-rate recreation of Just Older combined with Nickelback's Gotta Be Somebody).

But, remember: a set list isn't "JBJ friendly" if it doesn't have Who Says, I Love This Town and Captain Crash...

Last edited by BJFan99; 09-01-2017 at 10:25 PM..
Old 09-02-2017, 01:15 AM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
I, for one, would be very happy with that kind of a set nowadays. IBTFY and BOR should get played a lot more than Always, though, as Jon doesn't struggle with them nearly as much as he does with Always. I have to say I was extremely glad that Jon brought back the ad-libs at the end of IBTFY - they weren't as long or as "poetic" as before, but holy f***, it was still a nice touch and very cool to hear.

Scars pretty much puts me into sleep every time I hear it, so I'd suggest him to sing GBTM at its place as often as possible. I also much prefer Knockout to BAT, even though most of you probably don't. The same goes for YHMFH vs. SNGMSM - the former is far better of a track than the latter (Sunday Morning, for me, is basically a second-rate recreation of Just Older combined with Nickelback's Gotta Be Somebody).

But, remember: a set list isn't "JBJ friendly" if it doesn't have Who Says, I Love This Town and Captain Crash...

Yeah me too. I really missed his adlibs especially on SIBSN. Also for those 3 songs, I would love them if they're played as encore together w/ Blood on Blood and hopefully Make A Memory which is like a softer Always for me.
Old 09-02-2017, 04:11 AM
Dry County

Send a message via MSN to LeaJovi

So BJ should go down the Iron Maiden route? That's perfectly fine, if it's something you'd go to.

Even your set, entirely not worth the ticket in my opinion, is overrating Jon's voice status. Most old uptempo songs would be a disaster, even Bad Name is so boring and slow now. I think that even with that set, we would have Jon death gripping the microphone nailed to that spot.

I think the future will be Jon+1 acoustic relaxed intimate events.
Old 09-02-2017, 04:52 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaJovi View Post
So BJ should go down the Iron Maiden route? That's perfectly fine, if it's something you'd go to.

Even your set, entirely not worth the ticket in my opinion, is overrating Jon's voice status. Most old uptempo songs would be a disaster, even Bad Name is so boring and slow now. I think that even with that set, we would have Jon death gripping the microphone nailed to that spot.

Can I recommend the "+1"? I know a really good candidate.
Old 09-02-2017, 03:08 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:

Yeahhh...some sense at last. An acoustic tour supporting an acoustic record: classic Jovi tracks in a way Jon can sing them, DA stuff, Stand Up stuff...realistic and potentially fantastic, or at least bearable ✌🏼
Old 09-02-2017, 03:17 PM
Suddenly

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Can I recommend the "+1"? I know a really good candidate.
We all know there is only one...
Old 09-02-2017, 05:59 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawi View Post
We all know there is only one...
Bobby *goesintohiding*?
Old 09-02-2017, 07:06 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan93 View Post
...*goesintohiding*?
Smart move!
Old 09-03-2017, 07:04 AM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:

The set has medium difficulty. The new songs inserted between hits can give JBJ time to catch up on his breath. #7 and #8 could be replaced with much newer ones especially from Burning Bridges and THINFS. Also the man wants money, he knows he can't make much especially if he's doing acoustic events. Fans especially the casual ones might get disappointed meaning much lesser profit because of the audience drop. Now if he could just take his time and rest a little longer and do what Axl Rose did back when he sounded like Mickey Mouse.