Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

September 14th 2017 - Estadio Monumental, Santiago, Chile thread

Tour Discussion

Old 09-16-2017, 03:16 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

I'm not sure where some are getting "amazing" from, but aside from a few really bad notes, I think he sounded decent for what he's capable of.

No one seems to be talking about In These Arms. That was the best vocal of the night IMO.

Glued to the mic, especially at a stadium show, is sad to see. I didn't watch videos for every song, but of the ones I did see, there was zero movement around the stage. I only saw him even remove the mic from the mic stand once, which was during Bad Medicine, and it was literally for about one bar.

A 25 song setlist is never anything to complain about, and there were some songs played that I would be thrilled to get if I was there.

Old 09-16-2017, 04:14 PM
The Distance

I'm trying to pinpoint Jon's weak spot... Why does he need to literally sound like he's baby talking on certain songs like These Days and then sound somewhat normal on others? Is it a certain note? You could literally talk the first line of These Days and sound normal... Why does Bed Of Roses sound like 2013 (with the exception of a butchered note here and there - which I could accept) but then he can't do the same for These Days...

This is where Richie is missing... Jon needs a guy who can really back him up (not Dave or Phil - a real vocalist)... Jon needs to stick to the verses and have a good backing vocalist handle the chorus... I really thought that's what EB was for but I don't hear him...

Alec's departure in 90's is noticeable with on going live performances and now with Richie gone, it's a mess... Jon needs a guy with a falsetto and a guy who can harmonize with him...

When Jon sings Let It Be for the Queen, he's struggling through the first verse but once Richie jumps in, he's instantly relieved and relaxed... I guarantee he would improve significantly if he just brought in a little help... That's how he got through '87 and he could do it again...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited by Rdkopper; 09-16-2017 at 04:16 PM..
Old 09-16-2017, 04:33 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

We Don't Run (breathe Jon breathe)
Who Says You Can't Go Home (partial but who cares)
Cap Crash - WOW what a mess, this is the slowest Crash I've ever heard. Kinda defeats the purpose of having it because it's fun and makes people dance
In These Arms

These days what's left of me ain't no Prince Charming

We know Jon, we know
Old 09-16-2017, 04:51 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

I thought he sounded alright the other day but he sounds shite still. We Don't Run was the worst version so far probably. Even the 'Look Out' was half assed.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 09-16-2017, 05:26 PM
Dry County

How the hell is it even possible for Jon to nail insanely high-pitched stuff like Bed Of Roses and Always and then butcher lullaby-like tunes like Who Says and Captain f***ing Crash? Shouldn't it be the other way around, judging by the overall difficulty levels of the songs?

For example, check out the version of Lay Your Hands On Me from yesterday's gig:

https://areena.yle.fi/1-4193980

Around 3:59 Jon goes all out and nails the high "lay my hands on YOOOUUU..." like a big boy. Then again, he struggles mightily with Runaway, even having to grip the mic stand at a few moments - and it's a very easy song:

https://youtu.be/yMMEiM63t2w

Last edited by BJFan99; 02-17-2018 at 12:14 AM..
Old 09-16-2017, 05:54 PM
Jovi Geek

All the voice issues aside, I miss them and wish I was in South America!!
Old 09-16-2017, 06:53 PM
Price of posting

In my opinion, this show was horrible, and unfortunately this will be the norm for the future. As I said a while ago, Bon Jovi live is finished, I'm only interested in the studio albums that release in the future.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:19 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
How the hell is it even possible for Jon to nail insanely high-pitched stuff like Bed Of Roses and Always and then butcher lullaby-like tunes like Who Says and Captain f***ing Crash? Shouldn't it be the other way around, judging by the overall difficulty levels of the two songs?

For example, check out the version of Lay Your Hands On Me from yesterday's gig:

https://areena.yle.fi/1-4193980

Around 3:59 Jon goes all out and nails the high "lay my hands on YOOOUUU..." like a big boy. Then again, he struggles mightily with Runaway, even having to grip the mic stand at a few moments - and it's a very easy song:

https://youtu.be/yMMEiM63t2w
I'm trying to crack this same code myself... is it possible to have no tone left if ones speaking voice but have a certain range when singing?

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2017, 07:48 PM
Runaway

the setlist is really nice in my opinion, i like the stage and the lights, i care about these things in a big show, they add a lot to the show. I was watching in these arms from the concert and thought the solo of this song was doomed, bobby bandiera played a weird version for ten years and now john shanks interprets it in his own way and it doesn't sound that good, richie's solo with heavy delay was perfect.

Last edited by micro cuts; 09-16-2017 at 07:51 PM..
Old 09-16-2017, 09:56 PM
Blaze of Posting

Watching that Bad Medicine Jon is clearly holding back. He started to move for a bit and then it like he quickly thought "Wait I'm not supposed to do this" and even his voice felt held back during that second verse. Kinda reminded me a bit of Shy Ronnie:

Last edited by Javier; 09-16-2017 at 10:07 PM..