Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

What the fans were saying

General BJ Discussion

Old 12-14-2003, 12:32 AM
Dry County

Default What the fans were saying

about KTF in 1992 and These Days in 1995?? Probably that they sucked.

It was quit a leap from SWW and NJ.

Old 12-14-2003, 01:07 AM
Destination any Forum

Default Re: What the fans were saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa_Fe
about KTF in 1992 and These Days in 1995?? Probably that they sucked.

It was quit a leap from SWW and NJ.
i hate to sound evil, but wots yr point? genereally ppl who i knwo seen it loved it...as they loved the NJ and sww tours too..

There are people dancing on what
they perceive to be our grave
Old 12-14-2003, 01:18 AM
Dry County

They love it now. What did they think when the records were released? I know people who 10 years ago hated KTF. Now they like it. We already saw the thread "Now I love Crush". My point is maybe mentally fans are a bit behind sometimes. Bon Jovi are Bon Jovi because they are ahead and we may be sort of catching up.
Old 12-14-2003, 01:37 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
They love it now. What did they think when the records were released? I know people who 10 years ago hated KTF. Now they like it. We already saw the thread "Now I love Crush". My point is maybe mentally fans are a bit behind sometimes. Bon Jovi are Bon Jovi because they are ahead and we may be sort of catching up.
I am a These Days generation fan so I can't answer this but I know a few fans that were fans sice the 80s and all of them just loved KTF and These Days....however, they aren't fans anymore.....at least not die-hard fans....what songs like It's My Life, Thank You For Loving Me or All About Loving You can do....
Old 12-14-2003, 01:41 AM
I Wanna Rock
Jovi Freak

Send a message via MSN to {_Warrior_}

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon
Quote:
I am a These Days generation fan so I can't answer this but I know a few fans that were fans sice the 80s and all of them just loved KTF and These Days....however, they aren't fans anymore.....at least not die-hard fans....what songs like It's My Life, Thank You For Loving Me or All About Loving You can do....
There are lots of "lost fans" like that here too.......
Old 12-14-2003, 02:00 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

A lot of fans were surprised with KTF. It was DEFINITELY different. When you go from NJ to KTF, the first thought is "what was that?" These Days had a simlar effect, only people commented on how depressing it was and wondered why Jon and Richie kept saying it was a positive CD. KTF still had that Bon Jovi optimism running through it and fans appreciated that given the negative attitude of many popular acts of the time.

Some people wouldn't give KTF a 2nd chance and never got around to trying These Days. Some of those same fans were pulled back in with Crush (speaking about my own friends).

Becky
Old 12-14-2003, 03:00 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Send a message via ICQ to AnonymousBJ Send a message via MSN to AnonymousBJ

Jon And Richie said that TD was an positive work, but they changed ...
Now they say that is a sad cd ...
But it is one of the Best works that they have done!

And they aren't proud of it, they hide These Days ...

Now About Crush, since i've heard it in 2000, I hated it ... (Until today I've heard Beauty Queen From Mars Once)
But I understand, the band are changing everyday, it's said, they should't change their music ...
Old 12-14-2003, 10:14 AM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky
Some people wouldn't give KTF a 2nd chance and never got around to trying These Days. Some of those same fans were pulled back in with Crush (speaking about my own friends).

Becky
I can only speak for myself....I liked KTF a lot, a lot more than I like SWW or NJ, but TD was disappointment. When it was released it was more disappointing than TLFR is today, actually. I was hoping for something "rocking" in KTF way, but got TD instead. I can say that I'm one of them being pulled back with Crush...

stoney

Old 12-14-2003, 10:47 AM
It's all about the music
It's my post

I'm a KTF fan, so I can't speak about that, but I was a huge fan when These Days came out, and I loved it at the time. I loved TAALS when it was released, as I did every single (but didn't like Something for the pain video ). I saw my first BJ concert when the album had just been released, and heard TAALS and Hey God live at a time when I didn't even quite know the lyrics to them yet

The These Days era was probably the best era of being a fan in my 'career', in that BJ were very popular in Finland, they seemed to be everywhere.

I remember hearing a song for the first time (TAALS?) in a bus on the way to Sweden in May 1995, a friend of mine said to me isn't that Jon BJ who's singing, I said sounds like him but can't be, I don't know the song, but then I listened and said yes it is, and what a great song That was a total surprise to me

It was only with Destination Anywhere that I thought, when I heard it for the first time, that I hope this isn't the direction the band is going - by that time I liked each and every album the band had made, and I was hoping they wouldn't go to that direction.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:44 PM
Jovi Fan

Send a message via MSN to b0n_Jov1

I think that its kinda true to say the fans are a little behind, and they get more 'mature' after a while. It was like that for me. First, I havent liked KtF, but now, I'm addicted!!!Crush, Bounce and TLFR has done the same!!so maybe we are behind of what gets released, but one day or another, I think we will apreciate it.