Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Iranian Metallers Avoid Execution, Appeal (But Can't Reveal) Their Sentence

Other Bands

Old 02-14-2016, 07:35 AM
Something for the Posts

Default Iranian Metallers Avoid Execution, Appeal (But Can't Reveal) Their Sentence

Quote:
Metal Injection: Iranian band Confess members Nikan Siyanor Khosravi and Khosravi Arash Chemical Ilkhani...were arrested by the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution and are facing charges of blasphemy, advertising against the system, running an illegal and underground band and record label promoting music considered to be Satanic, writing anti-religious lyrics and granting interviews to forbidden foreign radio stations...if they are found guilty of the blasphemy charge, they could be executed!
Imprisoned since last November, they've finally raised the $30,000US bail. They have managed to post a Facebook page and about 20 songs on SoundCloud, including a Pantera cover. And leading the comments:

Quote:
I live in Iran. you have NO IDEA what's it like living in Iran...

(A)nything can be against law. law is what they say, they can accuse you of anything they want without having any proof...you can get arrested and go to jail...for playing music, wearing T shirts, holding your girlfriends hand in public, posting your pictures in instagram, filming yourself dancing...you can be executed for doing metal, defending women's rights, being homosexual or atheist, or just being or thinking different from them.

now tell me, when you live in such place, can you just surrender yourself to them and shut the **** up for your whole life and never, never object or protest against anything...maybe you think you can, but those guys just couldn't take it anymore and they screamed though they knew they're risking their lives...

sorry for my angry words. your love and support and the fact that you think of us and remember us and care for us, means the world for us...wish me luck and that I won't get arrested for my "blasphemic" and "satanic" comment.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 03-09-2016 at 05:23 PM..

Old 02-14-2016, 12:09 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
Imprisoned since last November, they've finally raised the $30,000US bail. They have managed to post a Facebook page and about 20 songs on SoundCloud, including a Pantera cover. And leading the comments:
It's a terrible situation that these musicians, and the Iranian people, are in. Unable to express their interests, and sense of individuality. Their cover of Slipknot's Sulfur is quite good. I hope one day, Iran will be free.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:37 PM
Tokyo Road

https://www.change.org/p/un-free-con...a/sponsors/new

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 10-16-2017, 08:45 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
JUNE 2017 UPDATE: Confess made bail, paying $30,000 USD each...and have been under the radar since...

...(F)rontman Nikan Siyanor Khosravi...(has) an Instagram page...Metal Injection...contacted...Nikan (who) was willing to go on the record...
Are you safe right now?
If by being safe you mean not worried about losing your life, yes we are safe. We are with our families and our loved ones living day by day. But if being safe is having peace of mind, then no, we are not. We don't know what is going to happen to us, as human beings and as artists...

What is the status of your case and how are the process and the conditions going on?
We were bailed out at the end of 2015...We went to the district court in September and December of 2016 in two separate sessions. Our sentences were announced in March of 2017, but we are just going public with it now. The sentence is not good at all. We objected and are waiting for an appeals court date. We still have hope that everything will be resolved with our new lawyers.
The article says they were looking at sentences of up to six years. But there's not one word in the article as to exactly what their sentences are!
Quote:
[Note from Editor: Nikan did not want to discuss the details of the sentence on the record, as he was afraid it would affect the appeal process. Nikan did confirm that the band is not currently facing execution.]

OCTOBER 2017 UPDATE
nikansiyanorkhosravi:

"We have tested our chance in this town
Must pack the bags to get out from this land..."

#SeeYouOtherSide! | #اونطرف_میبینمت!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 10-16-2017 at 08:59 PM..
Old 07-27-2019, 11:46 PM
Something for the Posts

Default 2019 update

MetalSucks.net 7/2019:
...Last we checked in with Confess over a year ago...frontman Nikan Siyanor Khosravi had fled to Turkey after being released on bail while his bandmate Arash Ilkhani had stayed in Iran to appeal the court’s decision...(B)oth band members were granted asylum in Norway, where they live today...

the Revolutionary Tribunal of Tehran has sentenced the band members to a combined prison sentence of 14 and a half years...five years each for charges of insulting the sanctity of Islam, one year each on charges of propaganda against the regime of the Islamic Republic of Iran, an additional two years for Khosravi on three counts of insulting the Supreme Leader and the president, plus an additional six months for “disturbing public opinion through the production of music containing anti-regime lyrics and insulting content and for participating in interviews with the opposition media.” That last count also comes with 74 lashes for Mr. Khosravi....

I’m guessing Iran does not have an extradition treaty with Norway. So while Khosravi and Ilkhani are safe for now and the immediate future, it’s likely they won’t be able to travel home to see their families (and vice versa) for a very, very long time, if ever...

Confess are...pressing on with their career: the(y) just released a new song called “Evin,” named after the prison in which they were held after their 2015 arrest, with an album called Revenge at All Costs on the way...

Last edited by rocknation; 07-28-2019 at 05:06 AM..