Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

"Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore" - Question

General BJ Discussion

Old 05-09-2014, 08:10 AM
Runaway

Default "Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore" - Question

OK, this is an absolute favorite of mine but for the longest time I thought something was really off with the pitch and or speed of the track that is circulating all over the place (Just check YouTube and hear for yourself).

It just doesn't sound right to my ears, it's all too plodding and heavy (Not that there's anything wrong with it, mind you)
Jon doesn't sound like that on any other track I can think of, and it doesn't sound like he's making this heavy voice just for effect.

So I loaded the tune into Audacity and made a couple of experiments:

1 - I raised the whole thing by a semitone which sounds better during the verses but too chipmunk-esque during the choruses and still sounds too heavy overall.

2 - I sped up the track by 4% which I think overall sounds more like Bon Jovi both the vocals and the music.

So what's the verdict? What do you think is the correct speed/pitch for this song?

Last edited by Rated_R_Ron; 05-09-2014 at 08:16 AM..

Old 05-09-2014, 08:34 AM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

The 4% is probably right. It's most likely a casette tape that's been transferred to an MP3, and the tape just ran slow.

In the 4% the key is a "Bon Jovi"-key, the verses go C, F, Am, F and the chorus Eb, Gm, Cm, Ab - both keys they've used many times.

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:13 AM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Great job! You can compare it with this oficially released version by Kane Roberts:
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights
Old 05-09-2014, 09:23 AM
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
Great job! You can compare it with this oficially released version by Kane Roberts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0O44r8hONM
Yeah, but I personally prefer the Cher version.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Born to be my Baby

Thanks alot man!!
I really wonder what was Jon thinking when he decided that the track wouldn't make it on the album.It definetely would've reached top 10 in Bilboard Hot and it would've been an amazing song to play live night after night...probably with some extra lyrics like he used to do on IBTFY and Livin in Sin.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0O44r8hONM
I normally cringe at the thought of other artists doing Bon Jovi songs, but that was awesome. Really liking his version.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:29 AM
The Distance

This has always been my favorite demos of the group and I believe this board feels the same (someone should do a poll)...

I remember getting these demos at a music show back around '96. When I found it, I couldn't believe it. I remember being so disappointed in the sound after I played it though. It was so much worse then these enhanced internet copies we have today. After a few tries, my ears adjusted and I played the heck out of it.

Anyway, one of the members here changed some speeds around. Check out his version and compare it to yours.

Tags
does anybody really, fall in love anymore?