Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Jon & Richie's album titles

General BJ Discussion

Old 08-18-2002, 11:45 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Default Jon & Richie's album titles

Has anyone else ever thought about how perfectly titled Jon and Richie's solo albums are?

Blaze of Glory: Jon really was riding a Blaze of Glory when this album came out and the album itself continued that glorious streak with the #1 status, the American Music Award and Golden Globe wins; the Oscar, Grammy, and MTV VMA nominations. But at the same time, it was like a blaze that was burning too brightly and it was Jon dealing with the stress and disallusionment of the industry.

Stranger in This Town: even though Richie was known as "Bon Jovi's guitarist,' "Cher's boy-toy" and "the guy in the hat" people really didn't know who HE was and what he had to say. This gave him a chance to say it.

Destination Anywhere: If that's not Jon's philosophy in life, what is? He's not afraid to try anything whether it's acting or screen writing or experimenting with music. He doesn't let fear dictate his decisions and he's willing to try even if he might fail (which he rarely does). The album showed he certainly wasn't in a rut when it came to songwriting and that he was not putting commercial success ahead of artistic fulfullment. He had something to say and wanted to try new things and he did just that.

Undiscovered Soul: unfortunately since Stranger wasn't all that successful, Richie still was an undiscovered soul to much of the music market. It's like he's saying "This is who I am" (no pun intended). It's about time someone noticed!

Anyway, I just think they picked some really great titles for their albums. I wonder what the next ones will be called??

Becky

Old 08-21-2002, 02:37 PM
Runaway

Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel

That's a really good observation Becky!!! Especially the Blaze & Stranger ones- I liked those! They all really fit.