Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Our Strength ...

General BJ Discussion

Old 02-17-2019, 11:40 PM
Jovi FANatic

Default Our Strength ...

Hi to everyone!!!

Most of you know me as a Bj addict and long long time member. the last years havent been very kind to the band. we all know the main issues that music output deteriorate. i d like to grab the opportunity suggest we as a forum, as team of hardcore fans take some initiative decide to pursue a couple things we d like jon to listen to...
We could start a poll here, and support with the rest social media our decision..for example a quite easy request would be to strongly ask for a proshot recording from every era...many artists have done it, it would be a great chance for the band to give back, the costs wouldnt be high, and could be offered through youtube for example and not physical copies..
i know many will think jon is reluctant towards these nostalgic re issues but like most people i think jon can be persuaded as most people, and may be in the process he may rediscover some of the special magic of each era...

Old 02-18-2019, 01:51 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

These days Jon pretends that the past doesn't exist so I highly doubt this initiative will be a success...
Old 02-19-2019, 01:47 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I think it could be possible.

I never thought I would see a day when Bon Jovi would tour with Def Leppard opening, but that’s happening. I think Jon was very resistant toward nostalgia a few years ago because of the consistent “hair band” label. I think he’s at a point where he really doesn’t feel like he has something left to prove.

I only said possible, not probable.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:14 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I never thought I would see a day when Bon Jovi would tour with Def Leppard opening, but that’s happening. I think Jon was very resistant toward nostalgia a few years ago because of the consistent “hair band” label.
Phil Collen in a 2015 interview said that Bon Jovi / Def Leppard Tour nearly happened in 2013, but for something with Richie when he left that didn't really happen. And he also said in that interview that it would be really cool 'cause Def Leppard get on great with Bon Jovi
Old 02-19-2019, 04:31 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I think it could be possible.

I never thought I would see a day when Bon Jovi would tour with Def Leppard opening, but that’s happening. I think Jon was very resistant toward nostalgia a few years ago because of the consistent “hair band” label. I think he’s at a point where he really doesn’t feel like he has something left to prove.

I only said possible, not probable.
Aren't Jon and Joe Elliot friends? I think Joe had heard a recent-ish album (The Circle? THINFS?) pre-release and commented on enjoying it. Jon may (have) held resent against being lumped in with another 80s act from a career perspective (although Leppard themselves have fought the "metal band" label just as hard as BJ have), but I think he never personally disliked them or their music.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:57 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Aren't Jon and Joe Elliot friends? I think Joe had heard a recent-ish album (The Circle? THINFS?) pre-release and commented on enjoying it.
Yes, they are. It was THINFS album.
This pic was July 2016 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoPFpQCUMAAb3qb?format=jpg
when JBJ went to his house in Dublin “for a cup of tea and a biscuit”
Old 02-19-2019, 05:28 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Yes, they are friends. They’ve always gotten along well.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:20 AM
WhamATC

Now I know why Jon wanted to prove himself, can see why.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:01 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Send a message via MSN to jon-flp

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
Hi to everyone!!!

Most of you know me as a Bj addict and long long time member. the last years havent been very kind to the band. we all know the main issues that music output deteriorate. i d like to grab the opportunity suggest we as a forum, as team of hardcore fans take some initiative decide to pursue a couple things we d like jon to listen to...
We could start a poll here, and support with the rest social media our decision..for example a quite easy request would be to strongly ask for a proshot recording from every era...many artists have done it, it would be a great chance for the band to give back, the costs wouldnt be high, and could be offered through youtube for example and not physical copies..
i know many will think jon is reluctant towards these nostalgic re issues but like most people i think jon can be persuaded as most people, and may be in the process he may rediscover some of the special magic of each era...
Great idea. But how can we make it happen in practice? Any idea?
I don't think only massive posts on facebook and instagram will be enough, as those medias are probably running by some marketing company to sell items.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:18 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

It was only during the last tour that Matt tweeted that they did not need a Def Leppard or similar on the bill as Bon Jovi were big enough to sell out their own gigs. This was in response to being asked why Bon Jovi had such poor support acts in Europe compared to tours of old.