Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

2020: The New Album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 06-24-2021, 11:25 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa View Post
From an article in the Wall St Journal today. I am surprised by the amount of ticket sales to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's interesting. Imagine that with each ticket sold, you would have obtained a gift album, and it counted as a sold album. However the rules have changed.
Old 06-24-2021, 03:16 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Considering Jon's vocal state, Covid couldn't have happened at a better time.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk
But really, the thing is: judging by the point that Jon's vocal decline reached during the second half of the European THINFS tour and especially the last South American leg that followed, it's clear this won't help or change anything. Jon will sound just as bad as before, if not even worse, next year or whenever they get to tour again. Not even a (close to) complete rest of a year has improved his vocals at all, as can be seen on the acoustic charity performances from last month or that horrendous Bad Name with Grace Potter.

I have no idea how anyone can still think his situation is reversible. The guy is absolutely done for good.

Last edited by BJFan99; 06-24-2021 at 03:25 PM..
Old 06-24-2021, 11:23 PM
The Distance

Just came back from the cinema. Jon’s voice did really put me of a lot of times. Didn’t enjoy myself.

To sum it up, this is Bon Jovi for me right now:

This was like having sex with one of your ex girlfriends. You hope it’s going to be awesome but you know it’s gonna suck.
Old 06-24-2021, 11:28 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

This isn't on form but this is the best they can make of if after doctoring his vocals. Just imagine what he's sounded like without all the autotuning, pitch correcting, pace correction and overdubs.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
It just doesn’t have anything to do anymore with singing. It’s painful to watch. And it sucks. An A+ for the effort but he’s done.
Old 06-25-2021, 12:38 AM
Price of posting

I don't know why so much amazement comes from. He already sounded like that in 2017.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:03 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
I don't know why so much amazement comes from. He already sounded like that in 2017.
From constant posts that Jon only needs to rest his voice and have some singing lessons. In terms of live performances, this guy's done for good. Sad as it is, but it's just the reality.

And to think of that On A Night Like This and Encore had an endless amount of takes plus post-production to make it listenable make it obvious how bad it may sound live after three shows on the next tour.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:40 AM
Price of posting

I already knew all this in 2017. I already said at the time, that Jon is a dead horse live, but Bon Jovi still gathers a lot of people in his shows, hanging sold out. The Encore show is also selling well. 2022 there will be a great demand for shows, I am sure that the Bon Jovi shows will have a large audience.

What I mean is that it doesn't matter if the guy is done. As I see it, as long as they continue to sell tickets around the world, machinery will still be alive, and if this happens, there will be more albums. Live shows is a lesser evil for me, I'm glad that it's still profitable, because this will depend on whether albums are made in the future.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 06-25-2021 at 01:49 AM..
Old 06-25-2021, 01:05 PM
Price of posting

Jbj don't need tour money to make an album. He's worth over £400m.

I still see people on twitter saying...his voice isn't gone it's just different now.

Ffs!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 06-25-2021, 04:49 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
Jbj don't need tour money to make an album. He's worth over £400m.

I still see people on twitter saying...his voice isn't gone it's just different now.

Ffs!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Maybe you are right. But Jon is usually committed to all the workers he needs on the road. Many of them are from New Jersey. Jon had a tour planned that was canceled by the covid. Next year will be a good time for back to the road.
Old 06-25-2021, 05:32 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

For what it's worth, we're not saying he needs the money from touring to fund the album. Recording albums doesn't cost nearly what it used to. He's just not going to tour unless it's behind an album because that means promo, new artwork, a single, renewed public interest etc. If he was just touring off the hits he wouldn't be able to go out every 2 or 3 years or whatever and hit the same cities. It's way easier to sell a tour if an album is there.

Tags
2020 (album)