Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Interviewing Doc McGhee

General BJ Discussion

Old 09-01-2020, 03:08 AM
Born to be my Baby

Default Interviewing Doc McGhee

Howdy all!
I'm going to be interviewing Doc McGhee next week for my radio show. I'm pretty excited and am going to focus on Jovi a lot!
Let me know if there is anything you want asked and I'll see what I can do. If you are on facebook, go and give "Rock Hard with Phil and Tish" a like as the interview will be posted up there once completed and after we have played it on our show.
Cheers legends

Old 09-01-2020, 11:50 AM
Undiscovered Posts

Cool!!

1) Who made the decision to use Hugh McDonald on the early records? Jon, Bruce or collective? and was there ever a talk about firing Alec in the 80s?

2) How was it to magage Riche and Ori? What are your thoughts why they never really got anywhere as a musical duo?

3) Do you think Richie will come back on day?

Thanx for letting us participate!
Old 09-01-2020, 03:22 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

This sounds awesome. really looking forward to hearing it.

Q: How late in the day was the idea for a NJ double album scrapped?

Q: What happened to the live album that was supposed to have been released from the NJ tour? Why was it binned.
Old 09-01-2020, 03:29 PM
Jovi Freak

Considering the band parted ways with you after the NJ tour due to the stress levels, do you - looking back - feel more breaks would have been preferrable, or was it 100% the right move business wise to tour as heavily as they did?
Old 09-01-2020, 04:08 PM
Keep the Faith

Does he have a soundboard or/and full video recording of Hammersmith in his own vaults and how much to release it?
Old 09-01-2020, 05:15 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

You were blamed for nearly breaking up the band by planning too many shows. When looking at the dates for the New Jersey tour it's clear some breaks were supposed to take place. However, these were taken up by extra shows. Were these shows added without Jon/the band knowing or did Jon/the band have the final say before the shows actually went on sale?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 09-01-2020, 08:39 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

You were blamed for nearly breaking up the band by planning too many shows. When looking at the dates for the New Jersey tour it's clear some breaks were supposed to take place. However, these were taken up by extra shows. Were these shows added without Jon/the band knowing or did Jon/the band have the final say before the shows actually went on sale?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
A very clever question. I would like to know this story as Jon blames Richie for leaving the tour, arguing that he and the guys voted and got engaged despite not being happy about it.

It would be great, then add one more question depending on what you answer: Do you think Jon imitated your business model in the last decade with respect to cycles Album + extensive tours with more of 100 shows for year?
If one day McGhee was responsible for nearly killing the band, Jon definitely killed them for the same cause - the excess of Album cycles + long tours + Album without stopping.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 09-01-2020 at 08:46 PM..
Old 09-01-2020, 10:50 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicanio View Post
This sounds awesome. really looking forward to hearing it.

Q: How late in the day was the idea for a NJ double album scrapped?

Q: What happened to the live album that was supposed to have been released from the NJ tour? Why was it binned.

You’ve read my mind!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 09-02-2020, 11:41 AM
Posting everyday

Q: Richie has stated that management came to them and asked if they'do be willing to do another 70 shows at the start of 1990. Is it true that the tour would've gone on to roughly 300 concerts, had the band agreed to this? And what was the reason for the string of Japanese dates roughly a year after the New Jersey tour had been over?

Q: David stated that the success and the pressure of late 80's lead to Jon "becoming introverted all of a sudden" (WWWB book). Did you notice his or other band member's personalities changing and was there a shift of dynamics in the band at that point already?
Old 09-02-2020, 03:27 PM
These Days

I’m interested in anything Alec related. There is so much unclearness regarding his role in Jovi and it rarely gets touched upon. I would imagine Doc has some inside information about what was actually going on behind the scenes with Alecs absence from albums and his relation to the rest of the band.