Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Post-2000 albums: the most and the least you heard.

General BJ Discussion

Old 03-20-2023, 05:11 PM
Price of posting

Default Post-2000 albums: the most and the least you heard.

Of all the post-2000 albums, which one did you listen to the most and also the one you listened to the least so far?

-Post2000 album that you have heard the most:
The Circle

It may not be the best post-2000 album, but there is something that always invites me to listen to it again.

-Post2000 album that you have heard the least:

What About Now

The songs aren't that terrible, but it's an album that doesn't have interesting songs to revisit, and its sound doesn't help either.

What are yours?

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 03-20-2023 at 05:15 PM..

Old 03-20-2023, 05:26 PM
Something for the Posts

Most would be Have A Nice Day - I have really good memeories associated with that album, mostly being in NYC the week of release and going to the Nokia Theatre show. I always enjoyed this album.

Least - Not sure, it could be anything from The Circle to 2020...
Old 03-20-2023, 06:14 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

1. Does Crush count? If yes probably this album for me, because even though it is not a great album I hadn't been burned by that point so still had plenty of goodwill. While I do not listen to it much now I still look back fondly on that time. Also, the first half is still mostly excellent.

2. Bounce is similar, I was still excited by this album. Didn't like it a lot but it got enough listening time. Such a sporadic messy one-tone album, but also oddly charming. I still like around 30% of the album but detest a few of the songs too. It got plenty of listening from me though as I was trying to force myself to love it. With B sides replacing some tracks it could have been worthy of classic status.

3. Lost Highway was a miserable album and I only really love Memory from it and like Whole Lot of Leaving. However, I knew someone at the time who loved this album so I got to listen to it plenty because of that. Never has Jon's insistence that they never jumped on bandwagons and started going "Yo" looked more dishonest.

4. The Circle was probably where I fully jumped off the Bon Jovi train. I think it was probably about as good a rock record as Jon was capable of by then. Even so, it had little heart and was plenty patronizing too. Although I like a couple of the songs and I did listen to the album a bit.

5. Have a Nice Day, I disliked it from day one. It was the most calculated album by that point, and a clear push to that American corporate rock that I just never could enjoy. It was sugar pop pretending to be rock. I have come to appreciate the title track, but the rest I think is the most embarrassing music Bon Jovi has ever done until 2020. I was cringing for my own fandom at the time. Still, I was still a little blinded and did give the album listens.

6. This House, I have a strange relationship with it. I think the bare songs are there and are verging on potentially excellent. It is just so bland and soulless and even though I kind of like most of the songs in a twisted objective way, they evoke almost no emotion in me.

7. WAN I hate front to back but I did listen to it because my son bought it and gave it some traction in my house. I have never been as instantly shocked by the production of a new album as I was by WAN. Muddy and noisy without any dynamism and with music that has zero virtuosity, almost like programmed on a computer. Everyone on this album just seemed so tired and out of ideas.

8. 2020 I listened to it one time and was mostly too ashamed because of the lyrics to get through it. There was one song I liked but I honestly do not even know the titles of all the tracks. I am aware that sometimes music needs to sink in and deserves more listens, but I just cannot bring myself to donate my time to this album.
Old 03-20-2023, 07:34 PM
Jovi Addict

Most listened: The Circle/Lost Highway. 2 different vibes, but a great collection of sounds.

Least listened: Burning Bridges, although I listen a lot to We Don't Run and Sunday Morning.
Old 03-20-2023, 07:52 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Most would probably be Crush or HAND and least would probably be 2020.

I usually find myself revisiting every Bon Jovi album every now and then, but I just never really feel like revisiting 2020. Individual songs from the album, yes, sure, but the album as a whole? Not really.

The thing with 2020 is that I'd likely skip about half of the album, so there isn't really a point in listening to the album as a whole anyways - I'm better off just adding the songs I wouldn't skip to a playlist. I probably dislike Limitless way less than the average diehard, but I still don't really need it, so that would be the first skip. Do What You Can is just annoying to me at this point, so that would be two more skips on the deluxe edition. The fact that the melody of Unbroken sounds like Ode To Joy makes that song completely unlistenable to me, so that's another skip. American Reckoning and Lower The Flag I think are good songs, but I need to be in the right mindset to listen to them and I'm just not there when I'm driving on the highway on a sunny afternoon, so I'd skip them too.

Really no point in revisiting the album as a whole under those circumstances.

Also as much as I don't like to say it, I find Jon's vocals on the lower range acoustic songs on 2020 quite hard to listen to in places. I'd rather just listen to songs like Blood In The Water or Luv Can where at least some of his old vocal greatness still shines through a little.

It's a shame really that 2020 is so split in halves for me, because several of the songs on the "good half" are amongst the best songs the band has put out over the past decade.
Old 03-20-2023, 08:51 PM
Keep the Faith

Most: Bounce followed by HAND and The Circle.
Least: THINFS. Till that day I don't like it at all.
Old 03-20-2023, 10:29 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeofglory View Post
It's a shame really that 2020 is so split in halves for me, because several of the songs on the "good half" are amongst the best songs the band has put out over the past decade.
Totally agree. For me Beautiful Drug, Blood in the Water, Shine and Luv Can are great songs.
Old 03-21-2023, 04:02 AM
The Distance

I probably listened to Crush the most because it was the first band album since These Days and I really wanted to love it but I just ended up liking it at best.

2020 is the album I listened to the least. There are a handful of songs that I enjoy but as an album, listening from start to finish, maybe 3 times.

Note: Those aren't my favor and least favorite albums of the post 2k time period. My least is THINFS and my most fluctuates but I'd go with The Circle for now.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2023, 04:05 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Most is hard to say. I listened to Crush, Bounce, One Wild Night, HAND, and the Circle a ton when they all came out. Even THINFS got a lot of plays when it was new.

Least if it counts is This Left Feels Right. Completely forgettable release, only version that was even somewhat cool was Wanted. U2 followed the same idea this week with their "acoustic greatest hits album" that is equally bad. Just leave your hits alone, the amazing songs that made you rich and famous do not need to be reworked years later. Otherwise the loser is likely Burning Bridges or Lost Highway.
Old 03-21-2023, 09:26 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkid View Post
Most is hard to say. I listened to Crush, Bounce, One Wild Night, HAND, and the Circle a ton when they all came out. Even THINFS got a lot of plays when it was new.

Least if it counts is This Left Feels Right. Completely forgettable release, only version that was even somewhat cool was Wanted. U2 followed the same idea this week with their "acoustic greatest hits album" that is equally bad. Just leave your hits alone, the amazing songs that made you rich and famous do not need to be reworked years later. Otherwise the loser is likely Burning Bridges or Lost Highway.
ive heard some of that u2 stuff on the radio this week...goodness me its dreadful. How did they think that was a good idea, better still, think lets release it. shocking.

same as TLFR.

Sent from my SM-X700 using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo