Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

From bj.com

General BJ Discussion

Old 06-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Jovi Freak

Default From bj.com

I knew about this yesterday but it wasn't "official" yet. I'm a VERY happy girl!! (And they mean Montreal at the end instead of Florida.)

JON BON JOVI in DALLAS - FRIDAY, JUNE 23
(Thursday, June 22, 2006)
SATURN and BON JOVI are teaming up for the HAVE A NICE GIG Contest -- Saturn will be hosting HAVE A NICE GIG Concerts in nine markets. In each market, local bands will compete during a live, free to the public "battle of the bands" -- and the winner of each competition will win the opprortunity to open up for BON JOVI on a corresponding concert date on the JULY run of tour dates coming up. The Grand Prize winner of all these 9 competitions will be chose and added to the bill for the last night of the tour.

The first SATURN "HAVE A NICE GIG" is this FRIDAY, JUNE 23rd at SUNDANCE SQUARE in FORT WORTH, TEXAS. It is slated to begin at 6:00pm -- but you MIGHT want to get their a little earlier. As announced this morning on KIDD KRADDICK's radio show via a live call-in phone interview with JON BON JOVI (who called from his Jersey home)... JON BON JOVI will be attending the event and will be on hand for the pre-concert press conference. So get their early -- and come cheer on the local bands who are competing for the chance to open for Bon Jovi in Florida at the Hard Rock Live on July 10th.

Last edited by amyjovi76; 06-22-2006 at 11:54 PM..

Old 06-22-2006, 11:53 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjovi76
I knew about this yesterday but it wasn't "official" yet. I'm a VERY happy girl!! (And they mean Montreal at the end instead of Florida.)

JON BON JOVI in DALLAS - FRIDAY, JUNE 23
(Thursday, June 22, 2006)
SATURN and BON JOVI are teaming up for the HAVE A NICE GIG Contest -- Saturn will be hosting HAVE A NICE GIG Concerts in nine markets. In each market, local bands will compete during a live, free to the public "battle of the bands" -- and the winner of each competition will win the opprortunity to open up for BON JOVI on a corresponding concert date on the JULY run of tour dates coming up. The Grand Prize winner of all these 9 competitions will be chose and added to the bill for the last night of the tour.

The first SATURN "HAVE A NICE GIG" is this FRIDAY, JUNE 23rd at SUNDANCE SQUARE in FORT WORTH, TEXAS. It is slated to begin at 6:00pm -- but you MIGHT want to get their a little earlier. As announced this morning on KIDD KRADDICK's radio show via a live call-in phone interview with JON BON JOVI (who called from his Jersey home)... JON BON JOVI will be attending the event and will be on hand for the pre-concert press conference. So get their early -- and come cheer on the local bands who are competing for the chance to open for Bon Jovi in Florida at the Hard Rock Live on July 10th.
Alright what's the problem with this? Since it's marked red?
Old 06-22-2006, 11:54 PM
Jovi Freak

Oops, does red mean there's a problem?? SORRY! I'll change the color. LOL

No problem at all! I'm very happy actually, Jon will be here to judge the bands in my city!
Old 06-23-2006, 01:24 AM
Price of posting

Cool! You should go check it out. Maybe you'll get to meet JBJ!
Albany, NY 12/12/05. JBJ to me from the stage: "You been a good girl this year?" (Reads my sign) "Jon, It's almost Xmas I've been a very good girl! Play Blood on Blood please!" (cue me on the big screen) JBJ: "How good have you been? Oh My God!" (laughs, more teasing) JBJ: "You want it huh, you want it huh? Blood on Blood just for you, the good girl in the front row? The all request hour, the girl in the front row has just asked for Blood on Blood, ok, Merry Christmas young lady!" Amazing <3
Old 06-23-2006, 01:25 AM
Jovi Freak

Definitely!! I've already made plans to take off work a bit early and head out...it's about 45 min. from where I work. Should be fun and I can check out the bands too.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:49 AM
Price of posting

Soooo..... did you get to see him??? Details please!!
Albany, NY 12/12/05. JBJ to me from the stage: "You been a good girl this year?" (Reads my sign) "Jon, It's almost Xmas I've been a very good girl! Play Blood on Blood please!" (cue me on the big screen) JBJ: "How good have you been? Oh My God!" (laughs, more teasing) JBJ: "You want it huh, you want it huh? Blood on Blood just for you, the good girl in the front row? The all request hour, the girl in the front row has just asked for Blood on Blood, ok, Merry Christmas young lady!" Amazing <3
Old 06-24-2006, 08:24 AM
Jovi Freak

You bet I did!!! Man, I'm just now getting online and through all of my email.

I got there early, about 3:30 pm, and my friend and I went right up to the stage and got dead center on the barrier. There wasn't a whole lot of people there yet, but mostly people were on the side of the stage near an "RV/camper" they had rigged up for Jon to stay in during his off time. I guess the Texas heat was too much for him. LOL

Jon came out around 4:30 and started on the side of the stage and proceeded along the front row between the stage and the barrier signing autographs and talking to people and shaking hands. He is slowly making his way down to the center where I am, and he signed my picture. I then put my hand on his arm and just said THANK YOU JON. A girl behind me asked to shake his hand and he did, so I asked too, but he had already moved on to my friend next to me. : )

He went up on stage and talked to us for a bit, with Kid Kraddick one of the DJs here in Dallas. About the gig contest, etc.

In between everything, and all the bands, they played the HAND CD, realllllly loud. Then, Jon came back on stage and named every one of the bands that were going to perform, as a main introduction.

Then we walked around, got drinks, got free stuff too. I got a Have A Nice Gig hat with the Saturn logo and the Smirkey on the back, a Have A Nice Gig t-shirt and poster, and the blinkey smirkey necklaces too. We listened to about three of bands but then decided to go eat. We walked back by, but it was already over, and we asked a police officer who had won and I think the name of the band is "Ashmore"? Not positive. They will be opening up in Montreal.

I had such a blast! It was definitely a turn of events for the end of my week since I had no idea he'd even be here until Wed. What a memorable experience!
Old 06-24-2006, 10:08 AM
Cut myself on angel hair
Slippery When Wet

Send a message via MSN to UKjovi

Glad you got to meet him did you take his picture aswell?
Old 06-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Jovi Geek

Amy, thanks for sharing the details of the event. Very cool that you got an autograph.

deb
Old 06-24-2006, 03:03 PM
Jovi Freak

Thanks!! Yes, I took some pictures of him....I can try to share some later on, I haven't downloaded them from my camera yet.