Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Review - Blink 182 - blink-182

Other Bands

Old 11-19-2003, 12:45 AM
Jovi Geek

Send a message via AIM to RyanBounce04 Send a message via MSN to RyanBounce04 Send a message via Yahoo to RyanBounce04
Default Review - Blink 182 - blink-182

Blink 182 - blink-182

Tracklist:

1. Feeling This
2. Obvious
3. I Miss You
4. Violence
5. Stockholm Syndrome
6. Down
7. The Fallen Interlude
8. Go
9. Asthenia
10. Always
11. Easy Target
12. All Of This
13. Here's Your Letter
14. I'm Lost Without You

Bonus:
15. Not Now

Alright, well... I finally have the chance to write a review on this album. As I go through my Blink 182 CD's and listen to each one closely, I find the hilarious, go-hearted guys of old. Up until now. blink-182 is about growing up. You can hear how much they have matured just through the first few songs. I would say this has to be Blink 182's best album just because nothing sounds the same. Unlike a lot of the older albums, you would think a lot of the songs sound alike because of style they played. This definently is more diverse and has a lot more feel to it.

Song-By-Song (1-10)

1. Feeling This - This is the single of course, starts out with double bass (Which you have never heard Blink 182 do) Just a happy song about a girl. Drums are a big part of this songs. There is a cool little interlude where drums are muffled and Tom shouts "Fate fell short time, your smile fades in the summer. Raise your hands in mine I'll leave when I wanna." This song deserves about a 7.

2. Obvious - This song is ok. Not a real upbeat song. It's interesting to here Tom's voice changing keys soooo much. Later in the song it kicks up a little bit and it gets louder and heavier, then it breaks into a frenzy. "Times like these, It's obvious!" The song deserves about a 7.

3. I Miss You - I was very surprised to hear this song. It is slow and mellow. There is parts that you can hear keyboard parts and even an orchestra. Definently a very good song. The song is done acoustically which makes it better. "Where are you? And I'm so sorry. I cannot sleep, I cannot dream tonight, I need somebody and always." This song deserves an 8.

4. Violence - This is my personal favorite off of the album. This song musically has to be one of Blink's best songs. It starts off really weird. You can here snapping, and weird noises. Then the drums kick off into a fast paced riff that can keep you on your feet. "Like violence, you killed me, forever and after." After the song there is a lady talking about a picture which is very interesting to hear. Definently a keeper here. I give this song a 10.

5. Stockholm Syndrome - Starts off really heavy with normal Blink style. Mellow singing from Mark and screaming by Tom. It's like a dog fight. This is my second favorite song off of the album and it really is catchy. "It's too late, to save me. Your too late..." Mark then gets deep and yells. Very deep song. I give this a 9.5.

6. Down - This is an interesting song with mellow guitar and soft drumming at the beginning. The chorus is beautiful. They put their all into this song. "Pick me up now, I need you so bad.. Down Down Down Down."
Definently one of the deepest Blink songs I have heard. This song deserves a 9.5

7. The Fallen Interlude - This song screws the mood up on the album. It's got a hip-hop feel to it with a pretty good drum solo. There is voices that come in and out and guitars that come in and out. It's like a remix of Down. This just proves that they explored their music. "Down Down Down, pick me up I'm falling." I would give this song about a 5.

8. Go - This is the more upbeat song on the album. Pretty heavy. Tom yells "GO!" throughout the song. This isn't a bad song at all. "I saw the look of fear in my mother's eyes." The song is self explanitory. I give this song about a 6.5

9. Asthenia - Again starts out with a deep sound, no guitars or drums. Just a weird sound. Drums kick in and again it really isn't upbeat. "Last night it came as a picture, with a good reason, a warning sign." The chorus is catchy. Again, this is a pretty good song. I give it an 8.

10. Always - Starts out with Travis tapping sticks on the edges of the drums. It sounds like it is going to be a more of a mellow song till it gets to the chorus and it speeds up. "Kiss you, Taste You, All Night, Always." A pretty good song and keeps the album going in one direction. I give it a 8.5.

11. Easy Target - This song is badass. The drum beat at the beginning you might recognize. This song is very catchy and I love it. The chorus is heavy and cool. "She's got a mission and a lot of collateral damage. She's the flower that you place on my casket." I would give this song an 8.5.

12. All Of This - The beat from Easy Target goes right into this song. For a first time, they have a guest speaker. Robert Smith is the vocalist along with Tom's chanting of "C'mon and use me." Definently a mellow song. "With all of this, I feel everything inside of my heart." I give this song about an 8.

13. Here's Your Letter - This sounds like typical Blink I guess. Again, another catchy song that I enjoy when it kicks up a bit. "I'm talking to the ceilling, My life just lost all meaning." A deep song kind of like Adam's Song but a little more upbeat. I give this song about an 8.

14. I'm Lose Without You - This again is a mellow song. It almost sounds like a ballad. It's a pretty song and again it is referring to a girl. Somehow this works as an ending to the album. Pretty good way to end it. It has a drum solo at the end that is kicking too. Way to go guys. "Are you afrad of being alone, Cause I am lost without you." I give this song a solid 8.5.

Bonus Track: UK Versions Only.

15. Not Now - I love this song. The guitar works sounds so cool! This sounds like it could probably be a really good single. It's upbeat and fast and the lyrics are strong. "Until I'm gone, I'm here, Hold on. I'm right here waiting!" I give this song a solid 10.

Afterthoughts...

I really must say that taking 10 months to record this album payed off. It's a good 50 minutes of music. I was happy to find out that this album was more of an experiment with their musical talents. I would suggest you buy this album. It shows Blink 182 at their best. This really came from deep inside their hearts.

Ryan
Tampa Bay Lightning - 2004 Stanley Cup Champions
Philadelphia Soul - 2008 AFL Champions
Oklahoma City Thunder - ????????

Old 11-19-2003, 10:24 AM
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Posting Dead Or Alive

Great review Ryan mate....i will ask my mate for a lend of the cd and if i lie it, i think i might have to purchase myself a copy!
2010: NJ x3, London x4. 2011: Munich, Manchester, London, Dublin x2, Lisbon. 2012: RS London.
2013: Manchester, Birmingham, Dublin, London. 2014: RS Belfast. 2016: London. 2019: Dublin x2, Liverpool, London

Tags
blink-182, blink-182 (album)