Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Oasis - Possible Last Album!?

Other Bands

Old 01-25-2005, 12:25 PM
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Posting Dead Or Alive

Default Oasis - Possible Last Album!?

Source: nme.com

NOEL GALLAGHER has said OASIS planned to release a double album – but they decided against it to piss off their record company.

The album, which is rumoured to have a working title of ’Don’t Believe The Truth’, is now nearing completion and is set for release in mid-May.

Speaking in the current issue of Nuts magazine, Gallagher said they had "66 songs" for the record, but have decided on 11 or twelve.

He said: "The album’s finished. We recorded it three times. It’s been a major pain in the arse but it’s come out really good. We’ve written 66 songs between the four of us and I think there’s 11 or 12 on the album. We were going to do a double album, but we don’t want to give Sony too much ‘cos it’s our last one, so **** ‘em."

Oasis will head out on a UK stadium tour in the summer, having sold over 330,000 tickets for the dates. The shows are Glasgow Hampden Park (June 29), City Of Manchester Stadium (30, July 2-3), Southampton Rose Bowl Stadium (6) and Milton Keynes National Bowl (9-10).

In a seperate Article on nme.com

NOEL SPILLS BEANS ON NEW OASIS LP

OASIS guitarist NOEL GALLAGHER has spoken out about the release of the band’s forthcoming studio album.

The as-yet-untitled LP will hit the shops on May 16 and features 12 songs written by Noel, singer Liam guitarist Gem Archer and bassist Andy Bell.

He said: "The finished album is my favourite one of the last four. Because we're all contributing to the songwriting there's a different feel to it. In fact the only songs that sound like Oasis are Andy Bell's funnily enough.

"I've been listening to a lot of Bob Dylan last year, Liam was obviously some guy who used to be in a band in Liverpool, Gem's a very rock and roll but not in a Jet way if you know what I mean. Andy's just sound like Oasis, which is great."

The band are currently approving the artwork for the release, which according to Noel "looks quite bleak and northern", but are yet to decide on the first single to be lifted from the LP.

"There was an obvious first single but I was singing it," Noel explained. "After 12 years of Oasis, Liam thought that might sound a bit odd, people might think he'd left the band. He threw his cans out the pram."

Talking to Radio 1's Jo Whiley, the guitarist gave fans an insight into his favourite tracks on the album and said that his brother’s songs are "very, very good".

"If I had to pick one it would be ’The Importance of Being Idle’," he revealed. "That sounds a bit like The Kinks, a bit like The La's, a bit Liverpudlian. I think it's got the best lyrics. I'm getting quite fed up with London at the minute, there's one song called ’Part Of The Queue’ which is about living in London and how you always seem to be queuing up for things in that city and how it almost … when I moved to London about 12 years ago it blew me away but the novelty has worn off. It's become so overcrowded over the last three or four years that we're upping sticks and moving."

Noel said: "The most interesting thing will be when you hear Liam's songs. They are very, very good. A song called ’Guess God Thinks I'm Able’. The end 30 seconds will blow you away. It's great."

Oasis will head out on a UK stadium tour in the summer, having sold over 330,000 tickets for the dates. The shows are Glasgow Hampden Park (June 29), City Of Manchester Stadium (30, July 2-3), Southampton Rose Bowl Stadium (6) and Milton Keynes National Bowl (9-10).

Noel said that the group have "bagged some magnificent support bands" for the tour, though did not reveal the exact names.
2010: NJ x3, London x4. 2011: Munich, Manchester, London, Dublin x2, Lisbon. 2012: RS London.
2013: Manchester, Birmingham, Dublin, London. 2014: RS Belfast. 2016: London. 2019: Dublin x2, Liverpool, London

Old 01-25-2005, 12:32 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

No it's not. It's their last album for Sony, that's all. They had a 6 album deal, and the upcoming one is their 6th, which is why Noel is mentioning it.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 01-25-2005, 02:03 PM
Price of posting

Send a message via MSN to Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic
Aloha !

No it's not. It's their last album for Sony, that's all. They had a 6 album deal, and the upcoming one is their 6th, which is why Noel is mentioning it.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Exactly. Even I knew that one

Oh, and twisted thoughts that spin round my head
I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning
Old 01-25-2005, 03:18 PM
Last Man Standing

Default Re: Oasis - Possible Last Album!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev

Noel said that the group have "bagged some magnificent support bands" for the tour, though did not reveal the exact names.
Im hoping for Keane or the Killers

I dont really pay much attention to all the talk before an Oasis albums released, Noal and Liam talk a lot of **** anyway.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:10 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotica80
I dont really pay much attention to all the talk before an Oasis albums released, Noal and Liam talk a lot of **** anyway.
Yeah but the last time I heard Liam on an interview he sounded sober and honest and not like a drunk aggresive twat so there's hope.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 01-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Posting Dead Or Alive

Quote:
Ahhh right ok. Cheers for that Seb. That makes sence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotica80
Im hoping for Keane or the Killers
I think that might be pushing it a little bit to be honest, but it would be fantastic to see! (Keane anyway )

Quote:
Yeah but the last time I heard Liam on an interview he sounded sober and honest and not like a drunk aggresive **** so there's hope.
Well there is a first time for everything! :P I am really looking forward to this album. Three years is a long time to wait inbetween albums
2010: NJ x3, London x4. 2011: Munich, Manchester, London, Dublin x2, Lisbon. 2012: RS London.
2013: Manchester, Birmingham, Dublin, London. 2014: RS Belfast. 2016: London. 2019: Dublin x2, Liverpool, London

Old 01-26-2005, 09:59 PM
Jovi Freak

found this;

LABELS BID FOR OASIS
A bidding war is underway to sign up Oasis, who complete their current deal
with Sony on the release of their forthcoming album this May. Word is both
EMI and V2 have offered three album deals reportedly worth more than £15
million, leading to speculation that Sony will come in with a bigger offer
sometime soon.

Ireland Online quote one industry insider as saying: "Various record labels
have been waiting patiently for the contract to end. Now it's a question of
who puts the most money down on the table. Everybody wants Liam and Noel.
They are still an act who can sell millions of records."

andi
That you are all you really need
JBJ - I believe

"Sambora's face is a mask of joyous disbelief, as if previously unaware of his ability to play the instrument at all. Reaching the last fistful of notes, he does a fair impression of a man who is actually ejaculating into his jet black flares."
. . . Ben Mitchell, Q Magazine
Old 01-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Posting Dead Or Alive

This bidding war could go to extreme lengths in my opinion. £15M is nothing in todays market, and I think if a large company came in to snap Oasis up, then that £15M could easily be doubled, especially if their forthcoming album is as good as they say it is.

Old 01-27-2005, 06:18 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Send a message via MSN to SomethingToBelieveIn

expect the first single in stores on march 8
Old 01-27-2005, 06:58 PM
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Posting Dead Or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingToBelieveIn
expect the first single in stores on march 8
And the source of this piece of 'information' is from....?