Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

JBJ interview Post - Glasgow show

General BJ Discussion

Old 06-11-2008, 09:28 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Default JBJ interview Post - Glasgow show

Just found this on ebay ..... dont remember seeing a thread about this JBJ interveiw , sounds and looks like a Sunday addition magazine..... anyone read it ?

Post Plus
One Day Only Magazine
01 June 2008
60 Pages 100g
Very Good Condition

Jon Bon Jovi
(2 pages + cover)
Legendary rockers Bon Jovi play Glasgow this month, but don't expect lots of wild parties. Ellie Stott catches up with lead singer Jon Bon Jovi and discovers this is one band without extravagant tastes...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bon-Jo...41182859285688

JOVITALK LIVING ON A PRAYER VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkHD8FJtJQ4

Dry County 8th June 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB3Yi...eature=related

ALL I NEED IS YOU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-UDWk6e_aE

Old 06-12-2008, 01:59 PM
These Days

Send a message via MSN to Chica Guacamole

It was in the Post Plus magazine in the Sunday post the first weekend of the month. It's not a great article, I'll see if I can dig it out and post it here. No new photos in it either.

Put a ribbon round my neck and call me a libertine
I will sing you songs of dreams I used to dream

And if you turned around to see me, and I was gone
You should have looked outside your window, 'cause the sun was coming out.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Blaze of Posting

I read it. Nothing really interesting, Jon didn't seem to bothered and neither did the guy interviewing him.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via MSN to TheOnlyJoviFreak

Ha! I've got it!!! My work collegue brought it in to me on tuesday! The cover pic is just hmmmmm gorgeous, interview is nothing we don't know. It's sat next to me on my desk as we speak

"NEVER SAY DIE", "NEVER SAY GOODBYE", "ALWAYS",
"I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU", "LIVIN' ON A PRAYER"

24th June Manchester - Truely a magical performance - Roll on next time!!
Old 06-13-2008, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Guacamole View Post
It was in the Post Plus magazine in the Sunday post the first weekend of the month. It's not a great article, I'll see if I can dig it out and post it here. No new photos in it either.
thank u.. the cover pick on ebay looked new, he looks worn out..

Dawn

Old 06-17-2008, 10:53 AM
These Days

Here's the article:

Legendary rockers Bon Jovi play Glasgow this month, but don’t expect lots of wild parties. Ellie Stott catches up with lead singer Jon Bon Jovi and discovers this is one band without extravagant tastes . . .

LATER this month the rock legends that are Bon Jovi grind into town in Glasgow to play Hampden as part of their 2008 Lost Highway tour, taking in a wearying 90 concerts in 16 countries. True rock veterans, the band have had hits spanning three decades (old favourites like Livin’ On A Prayer and You Give Love A Bad Name have stood the test of time and still grace many an iPod, probably for those moments when the owner needs an extra boost of energy at the gym . . .) and have sold over 120 million albums.

But the city’s top hotels needn’t start ordering industrial quantities of bourbon, or pedestrians below their windows duck in fear of TVs being flung out of them. Known for their appreciation of fine wines after a hard gig, these monsters of rock have a distinctly more refined reputation these days, making an effort to carbon offset their gigs, getting involved in charity work (Jon is good mates with friend-of-the-planet Bono), and slamming the current culture for awarding celebrity status for partying over musicianship.

Nervous of being tarred with the same don’t-know-when-to-give-it-a-rest brush as bands like the Rolling Stones, they’re quoted as saying they’ll give it all up “when all this is just nostalgia and the fat guys are pulling up their tight pants” and Jon’s response to questions about the famous mane of hair he sported in the early days (but has long since cut short) is “I’m just glad I still have some.” Meanwhile they continue to pull the crowds, both die-hards from the band’s early days and considerable legions of new fans, even though Jon admits he’s old enough to be the dad of some of their younger fans.

Married to his childhood sweetheart, Dorothea (right), for 19 years and with four children aged between three and 14, Jon’s been called ‘rock’s poster boy for marriage’, and credits his wife for keeping his feet on the ground, admitting that while he could often be tempted into throwing money around “she could live in a box and be content”.

Politically aware, in 2004 he actively campaigned in the U.S. for the Democrats — this time he’s lent his support to Barack Obama, but with the balanced view that comes with his 46 years has admitted he’d also be content to see Hillary Clinton win, not least because she and Bill are said to be personal friends.

Like many groups of their stature, they’re perhaps understandably not keen to succumb to interviews going over the same old ground, and Jon is particularly reluctant. But we persevered and finally got a chance to ask him a few nosy questions . . .

Are you excited about coming to Scotland?

I really enjoy that part of the world — Scottish fans are rabid for their teams and their music!

You’ve played over 2500 gigs to over 30 million people — what have been the most memorable you’ve played?

That’s tough because they’re all memorable — the closing of Wembley Stadium in 2000 and the opening of The O2 Arena in 2007 certainly come to mind.

What’s on your backstage rider? (The list of must-haves for the dressing room every band issues to a venue.)

Chicken soup and a few bottles of good wine is all this band needs! We’ve never been too extravagant.

In summer most of us are planning relaxing holidays and after this tour you’re going to be ready for one too — any plans?

My couch! But I wouldn’t mind a day or two on a sunny beach, too.

Home obviously means a lot to you — you even have a competition on your website called Bon Jovi Loves My Town where fans can make a video about why they love where they live and win the chance to sing with you onstage. Is home where you most love to be?

I’m from Sayreville, New Jersey and spent my formative years playing gigs up and down the East Coast so I have many hometowns but only one ‘home’. Sayreville is where this journey started. But I take my brothers and cousin on tour with the band as well, so we feel like a family even on tour.

How do you balance being lead singer of a rock band with being Dad to four children?

The two don’t necessarily intersect, although who I am on stage isn’t a great departure from who I am at home. They balance themselves out.

What are your views on reality TV shows? Are we ever likely to see a Bon Jovi version of The Osbournes, and what would surprise us about your family life if so?

If people enjoy watching them, more power to them, but I’m not interested. Trust me . . . an episode of The Bon Jovis isn’t very Ozzy!

You’ve already had several high-profile acting jobs (Jon’s appeared in films including Cry Wolf, Pay It Forward and The Leading Man as well as TV favourites like Sex And The City and Ally McBeal) — what role would you really love to play?

I’ve had more offers than I can count over the past few years but we’ve been so busy recording and touring I haven’t had the chance. I really enjoyed No Country For Old Men — the role of Llewelyn Moss would have been cool. Josh Brolin did a great job, though.

Bon Jovi appears at Hampden in Glasgow on June 21. The tour edition of their current album Lost Highway is out now. For further information visit www.aeglive.co.uk

Old 06-17-2008, 10:05 PM

thank you very much

Dawn

Old 06-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Runaway

I love the comment that the Bon Jovi's would not be the Ozzy's on reality tv. I think jon's wife keeps things pretty normal.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:27 AM
Jovi Geek

Thank you for posting the article.

deb
Old 06-20-2008, 09:58 AM
These Days

No problem, there was also a bit at the end where you could win tickets for the Glasgow show, but seeing as the closing date was about two weeks ago, I didn't think anyone would have been interested