Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Temptation

General BJ Discussion

Old 02-25-2013, 08:51 PM
Keep the Faith

Default Temptation

Someone in other tread put list of songs from Crush/Sex Sell and I thought about "Temptation"...
God, this song is weird and pretty amazing. I love version from Say It Isn't so Single (or IMLife / not from box-set). Very Nick Cave kind of song for me. Raw production and generally one of their most original song. David riff is like Animals but in very pulsation way. Lyrics? On papper I would never say that it was wrote by Jon -> "Twist My Wrist", "Gonna lay my head down tonight on Damocles sword " WTF?. Jon probably drunk too much writting this song.

I love it! Give me JAck Daniels, cola, cowboy hat, cigarette and I can listen it all night.!
Who loves it like I do? Make next album in that way

Old 02-25-2013, 10:37 PM
These Days

I remember hearing that for the first time from my It's My Life single. I hated it. I still do. The boxset version is a little more listenable for me.

(+ Santiago 09/24/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/26/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/16/2017)
These Days!

Old 02-25-2013, 10:58 PM
Blaze of Posting

hah! I stil remember the first time I listened to it. My stereo had some kind of problems that I wasn't even aware of so I could hardly hear Jon or the guitars but thought that was on purpose so it intrigued me. When I discovered it was just my speaker system I was disappointed. I got to the point where I really appreciate that song. I connect with it a lot. It reminds me of a friend I used to have when friendship meant a lot more than it does now. Yes, while it's a blatant Animals rip-off, it's trying really hard to sound smart and psychedelic…but for once I think they did a good job. The only other song that is in the same category is She's A Mystery. While that one is utter garbage, Temptation is actually good. And it should have found its way onto Crush instead of She's A Mystery. I think that would have moved Crush from an average album to a decent album. I know most people don't like it here though.

Yet I find that when Bon Jovi tried to experiment with the 60s and 70s, they always did a good job. Say It Isn't So is the other example. Hell…even Another Reason To Believe which is a blatant Stones rip-off is a decent track. When they try to experiment with Coldplay and U2 they do less of a good job! But, it is what it is, at least we still used to get all these songs. I mean, when a Jovi album was released, we'd get at least 20 songs, maybe 25. Now we'll get the album cause that's all they recorded. Kind of sad. But am digressing.

Yes, Temptation. Probably my 2nd favourite 'experimental' song from the Jovi catalogue, just after It's Hard Letting You Go.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:39 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I didn't like it at all when I heard the CD single version. I LOVED it when I heard the box set version.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:12 AM
These Days

I adore the box-set version; think it's one of their most inventive and best efforts. I wish it had made Crush.
Even innocence has caught the midnight train
And there ain't nobody left but us these days

Tags
temptation