Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

40th Anniversary Boxset (2023)

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 09-28-2022, 06:33 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Let's see how the documentary works commercially. If it has some traction, this will make the 40th Anniversary Box Set a better seller.

The question is when it will be released, and if it will be done together. I have a feeling that this documentary will be included in the box, therefore the Box Set would come out after the premiere of the documentary on platforms.

It would be great if it was released in Spring 2023, and maybe an international tour in the summer?

I don't think they'll make a documentary about 40 years of the band just to put it inside something only maybe 20,000 people will see. If they're smart they'll use it as a standalone to promote the history and 40 years. That being said, do they have a complelling enoug hstory to sell a documentary to the general public other then the fact that they're still around? I'm interested in seeing what selling angle they use.

Old 09-28-2022, 07:58 PM
Price of posting

When We Were Beautiful (documentary film) was broadcast on pay TV to later be included on his new album The Circle and Bluray Live At Madison Square Garden. So I can see how this will be added in that box set. Jon said that the box set will have with multiple movies or something, so I can assume he is referring to the documentary?

The question is how much time they spend on each episode and how it is divided. I guess there will be 4 parts. Each episode will focus on each decade (more or less). Perhaps the broadcast on platforms will be a more standard version of duration, and in the box set, these episodes could be more extended for fans.

It would be fantastic if Jon takes as a reference the latest Beatles documentary Get Back offering 4 Episodes of approximately 1 hour (for streaming platforms) and a version with extended footage in the Box Set. That would be ideal, since despite having seen it first in streaming, it still has additional value to obtain it in physical format to enjoy extended scenes, extra footage....

-------

Imagine this:

Box Set 40th Annyversary

4 cds = 50 unrreleased songs from 1983-2023 period.

4 blurays discs A four-part documentary :
Bluray nš1 = Part 1: 1983-1990 (1 hour aprox/standard cut - 75 minutes/extended cut) + Extra features: live performances from the vault, rare footages... of those years.
Bluray nš2 = PArt 2: 1991-1999 (1 hour aprox/standard cut - 75 minutes/extended cut) + Extra features: live performances from the vault, rare footages... of those years.
Bluray nš3= Part 3: 2000-2013 (1 hour aprox/standard cut - 75 minutes/extended cut) + Extra features: live performances from the vault, rare footages... of those years.
Bluray nš4 = Part 4: 2014-2023 (1 hour aprox/standard cut - 75 minutes/extended cut) + Extra features: live performances from the vault, rare footages... of those years.

Would be amazing. Maybe this sounds too ambitious, but if we are given at least:

Bluray nš1 = Documentary: 4 Episodes (1hour + some extended scenes)
Bluray nš2 = Extra Features: live performances from the vault, rare footages... of those years.

It would still be good.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 09-28-2022 at 08:43 PM..
Old 09-29-2022, 08:06 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Jon said that the box set will have with multiple movies or something, so I can assume he is referring to the documentary?
Don't wanna be a poor sport, since I'm excited about a new box set as well.
But in Jovi-land, Jon's quote can very well mean they're including Access All Areas and When We Were Beautiful and there you go with multiple movies.
Old 09-29-2022, 04:05 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
Don't wanna be a poor sport, since I'm excited about a new box set as well.
But in Jovi-land, Jon's quote can very well mean they're including Access All Areas and When We Were Beautiful and there you go with multiple movies.
Damn that's true lol.
Old 10-09-2022, 10:15 PM
Price of posting

Imagine some show from the vault that could have been shot on 16mm or 35mm and is included in the Box Set.

Watch what the Guns N Roses live in New York 91 show looks like that will be included in the Use Your Illusions box set.

originally shot on 35mm

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 10-09-2022 at 10:25 PM..
Old 10-09-2022, 10:41 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Imagine some show from the vault that could have been shot on 16mm or 35mm and is included in the Box Set.

Watch what the Guns N Roses live in New York 91 show looks like that will be included in the Use Your Illusions box set.

Guns N' Roses - You Could Be Mine (Live In New York, Ritz Theatre - May 16, 1991) - YouTube

originally shot on 35mm
As something apart, right? I wouldn't like to have live material among the "40 new tracks" to-be released.

And yes, this UYI BoxSet is basically the original records with a lot of live tracks, some already on the internet but with poor quality.
Old 10-10-2022, 02:38 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litneg View Post
As something apart, right? I wouldn't like to have live material among the "40 new tracks" to-be released.
Yep. I am referring to a possible show on Bluray that will be included with the box set. I hope that the music we get on CDs is just unreleased studio songs.
Old 10-10-2022, 09:25 AM
Runaway

How about the Hammersmith Odeon footage and music.
Or maybe the BBC sessions throughout the years. Would live to have those recordings in the boxset!
Old 10-10-2022, 01:04 PM
Jovi FANatic

there are new available software that all the old tapes can be restored and fully upgraded...
Jon should invest on the bands legacy and pay the money to release some historic shows from each decade..
in fact i wonder why jon hasnt done it already...it will cost some thousands but for jon it wouldnt make him bleed..
who knows, maybe we lll get sth valuable after all

ps. the hammersmith, the holy grail, probably will never be seen

ps2. the wayne isham vault will probably have many treasures
Old 10-11-2022, 08:30 PM
Undiscovered Posts

David Bryan shares some info about their 40th anniversary plans!
Apparently we have a Tour on the way

Tags
2024 box set, box set