Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ten Classic Bon Jovi Albums Presented As Special Editions

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 04-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Keep the Faith

Default Ten Classic Bon Jovi Albums Presented As Special Editions

From BonJovi.com

TEN CLASSIC BON JOVI ALBUMS PRESENTED AS SPECIAL EDITIONS FEATURING RARE RECORDINGS AS BONUS TRACKS
April 19, 2010

On May 11, Bon Jovi will re-release their classic studio albums as Special Editions. Each of the band’s first 10 albums-- Bon Jovi, 7800° Fahrenheit, Slippery When Wet, New Jersey, Keep The Faith, These Days, Crush, Bounce, Have A Nice Day and Lost Highway– will feature the original studio album tracks plus era-specific live recordings included as bonus tracks.

The bonus live tracks include songs taken from sound checks and concerts held in venues from all over the world, ranging from 500 seat theatres to massive football stadiums. Many of the live versions are extended, including “Get Ready” (Bon Jovi), “In and Out Of Love” (7800° Fahrenheit), “Blood on Blood” (New Jersey), “Keep The Faith” (Keep The Faith), and a duet featuring Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland performing “Who Says You Can’t Go Home” (Have A Nice Day) with the band.

This “Special Edition” collection will feature new packaging. Each CD will feature new artwork, including images from each period, and new liner notes documenting the band’s success through each stage of their twenty-five year career. Exclusive soft-pack versions will also contain reproductions of laminated tour credentials.

Additionally, each “Special Edition” will provide fans with the ability to gain “backstage access” to The Bon Jovi Vaults — a website being created to offer exclusive virtual content, including photos, tour memorabilia and additional live audio tracks.

Bon Jovi has set the bar for more than two decades as one of the most successful rock bands in the world. Globally, they have sold more than 120 million albums and performed more than 2,600 concerts in over 50 countries for more than 34 million fans.

Bon Jovi is currently touring in support of their most recent release, 2009’s The Circle, which debuted at No. 1 and features the hit singles “We Weren’t Born To Follow” and “Superman Tonight.” The Circle World Tour is slated to include 135 shows in 30 countries through 2011.

The band’s previous album, 2007’s Lost Highway, also made its debut at No. 1 on the album chart. The Lost Highway Tour ranked as the top-grossing concert tour of 2008.

Past Bon Jovi Concerts:
21/01/2008 - @ Acer Arena, Sydney
22/01/2008 - @ Acer Arena, Sydney
27/01/2008 - @ Ami Stadium, Christchurch, New Zealand
17/12/2010 - @ Sydney Football Stadium
18/12/2010 - @ Sydney Football Stadium
19/12/2010 - @ Sydney Football Stadium
14/12/2013 - @ ANZ Stadium, Sydney
15/12/2013 - @ Sydney Entertainment Centre, Sydney
26/02/2014 - @ Enmore Theatre, Sydney (Richie Solo)
09/09/2016 - @ Enmore Theatre, Sydney (RSO)
18/12/2018 - @ ANZ Stadium, Sydney

Old 04-19-2010, 04:00 PM
These Days

This does very much sound like what Obie said about his super secret project. But as I know them, they wait till everybody bought all those 10 re-issues, and then they release a live boxset with all the bonus tracks and a bunch of other ones (like BTBMB with harmonica).
Old 04-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Just posting

Wow - This sounds pretty cool. I'll probably pick up Slippery and New Jersey to test what they're putting on there for live tracks. Honestly, don't care much about buying Lost Highway or HAND again with live tracks. Already got live versions of those songs from the recent tours. Only interested in stuff recorded in 80's and 90's.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Jovi Freak

Even though I really think it's just a lame attempt by the band to get more money by having us diehards buy the albums again, it sounds somewhat decent. I just don't wanna get my hopes up too high because in true Jovi fashion, I'm sure they'll find a way to make it lame.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:30 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

I reckon that the audio you get access to will either be streaming audio or "high quality" MP3 files. And I think that Diamond Ring will be the song coming from a soundcheck; it was featured in the documentary so they had pro footage of it anyway.

Salaam Aleikum,.
Sebastiaan
Old 04-19-2010, 05:33 PM
These Days

Send a message via MSN to severo17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

I reckon that the audio you get access to will either be streaming audio or "high quality" MP3 files. And I think that Diamond Ring will be the song coming from a soundcheck; it was featured in the documentary so they had pro footage of it anyway.

Salaam Aleikum,.
Sebastiaan
Supposedly the live version of the songs are from the era of the respective albums.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Another way how to get money from the dieahards because The Circle was and is a disappointment. I ain't gonna buy anything. As it's usual - the bonus live songs on the albums will be the already known from singles etc. I'll give a listen (in a shop) to the old albums but nothing new is expected.
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights
Old 04-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Something for the Posts

I object to the suggestion that Bon Jovi have ten classic albums.

What's more, these songs will be mixed by Obie, who can't mix for shit, and will no doubt be a poor selection.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to crashed

Well, some of my old albums are getting a bit rough around the edges anyway. Just a pity they weren't releasing them a few days earlier as it's my wife's birthday on the 9th.

Guess I'll need to talk to her about repurchasing the entire catalogue, but it better tell me exactly what the tracks are on there.

Maybe the live content on the web will be something like at livecountingcrows.com where they have entire shows you can download. Though again, you gotta' pay for them. Shit if that's the case, I could bankrupt myself on Jovi.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
Another way how to get money from the dieahards because The Circle was and is a disappointment. I ain't gonna buy anything. As it's usual - the bonus live songs on the albums will be the already known from singles etc. I'll give a listen (in a shop) to the old albums but nothing new is expected.
Basically.

Like I said, I'll buy one of the earlier ones just to see if they actually give us some new live material we haven't heard yet, or just some rehashing of stuff we have.

Just pisses me off that this is the 2nd time they're re-releasing the records but still ignoring Blaze of Glory. I'd kill to have that remastered and to hear some live songs Jon did on the DA tour.