Old 09-08-2019, 02:38 AM
Price of posting

bounce was about 11 S.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:46 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
bounce was about 11 S.
Yep, he kept on going on about 11-S before and during promotion. It’s all in the lyrics too.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:15 PM
Posting everyday

However, he kept repeating that it wasn't an album solely themed about 9/11 like Springsteen's The Rising, but an album where parts were definitely inspired by the tragedy.
Old 09-08-2019, 06:13 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Yeah he made lots of points about how Bounce had 9/11 songs but it wasn't a 9/11 record. HAND was the first time he started mentioning politics in his lyrics/song promotions and The Circle is closer to when it became more than that.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:20 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Yeah he made lots of points about how Bounce had 9/11 songs but it wasn't a 9/11 record. HAND was the first time he started mentioning politics in his lyrics/song promotions and The Circle is closer to when it became more than that.
Agree. One of the reasons I rate Lost Highway very highly of the era since HAND - it's the only record not inspired by politics AT ALL. It was inspired in big by personal heartbreaks in the band and I really think that inspires the band to write better lyrics. THINFS of course is also very personally inspired but in a different way and there were still social themes.

When BJ abandoned relationship songs (almost completely) after LH something simply got lost that was a big part of Jovi for me. I just can't care for lyrics like Working Man, WWBTF, BWC, Whats Left of Me, WAN etc.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:27 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCounty View Post
Agree. One of the reasons I rate Lost Highway very highly of the era since HAND - it's the only record not inspired by politics AT ALL. It was inspired in big by personal heartbreaks in the band and I really think that inspires the band to write better lyrics. THINFS of course is also very personally inspired but in a different way and there were still social themes.

When BJ abandoned relationship songs (almost completely) after LH something simply got lost that was a big part of Jovi for me. I just can't care for lyrics like Working Man, WWBTF, BWC, Whats Left of Me, WAN etc.
I so agree! You were able to pinpoint it, thanks man. Then we know such hits like These Days or Keep the Faith were also written in that social vein but yet, they are far from boring. I somehow connect better on a personal level rather than collective 'we', though.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:08 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCounty View Post

I mean HAND would have started that trend. Wildflower, Last Cigarette and maybe Novocaine are the only ones that touch on that. I noticed they followed a one off one on trend for a bit. Bounce had a lot of love songs, HAND had very little, LH had 'em, The Circle had nothin, WAN had plenty etc.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:43 PM
Price of posting

Jon said that HAND was gonna be a heavy rock album.....and it was one of their worst.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 09-09-2019, 11:45 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I mean HAND would have started that trend. Wildflower, Last Cigarette and maybe Novocaine are the only ones that touch on that.
I Am may not be a ballad, but it's certainly a love song. Or "relationship song". As is Dirty Little Secret (a bonus track, but still). That's... 4 (or 5) out of 12 (13)? That might be more than on KTF, the album famous for Bed Of Roses... it's just that none of the love songs were super duper power ballad monster hits.

Hell, how many love songs are on Slippery? 3?
Old 09-10-2019, 12:14 AM
This Post Feels Right

Oh shoot, yeah I guess I Am would count as a relationship song. I think depending on what you consider mid-tempo (to me at least) Bells and Wildflower are the only slower feeling songs of the album.

Tags
2020 (album)