Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

If you were Jon how often would you tour.

General BJ Discussion

Old 06-17-2018, 11:59 AM
WhamATC

Default If you were Jon how often would you tour.

I would tour maybe every 2 - 3 years. Every show being slightly less than 2 hours and every tour have around 70 to 110 shows, rarely more.

Too boring to stay at home or studio or something for like 5 years which other bands seem to do.

I would probably release a professional shot from Giants Stadium 1989. Maybe even the soundcheck of it if there is anything from it.

And in this question forget about vocals, age, etc.

Last edited by WhamATC; 06-17-2018 at 03:46 PM..

Old 06-17-2018, 01:19 PM
Price of posting

If I were Jon, I would make more albums and fewer tours, something like the last phase of the Beatles-Queen. Maybe some promo shows, festivals and some European stadium if they can sell it, but no touring legs. I'm always open to new music, even if it's not that great, it's always interesting to hear new things.

I would also throw something this year, damn it, they are a Hall of Fame band, it's a good time to release some things from the vault, I would like to have a SWW deluxe edition with several discs, including a disc with oddities and unpublished songs like Game Of Heart, Lonely is The Night, Deep Cuts The Nife, Never Enough, Borderline........ and another disc with live material 1986-87 including some soundchek takes. I am easy to content with these things, even if there is not enough live material from that era, I would be very happy with a remastering of Cincinnati 87.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 06-17-2018 at 01:31 PM..
Old 06-18-2018, 01:43 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

A medium amount.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:51 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Hmmmm... if I were Jon I would probably be tired of touring by now. But, as a fan, I hope he doesn’t feel that way. I really want new music more than more extensive tours.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:00 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamATC View Post
I would tour maybe every 2 - 3 years. Every show being slightly less than 2 hours and every tour have around 70 to 110 shows, rarely more.

Too boring to stay at home or studio or something for like 5 years which other bands seem to do.

I would probably release a professional shot from Giants Stadium 1989. Maybe even the soundcheck of it if there is anything from it.

And in this question forget about vocals, age, etc.
I'd say 4-5 years in between. Pretty much the U2 route.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:52 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
If I were Jon, I would make more albums and fewer tours, something like the last phase of the Beatles-Queen. Maybe some promo shows, festivals and some European stadium if they can sell it, but no touring legs. I'm always open to new music, even if it's not that great, it's always interesting to hear new things.

I would also throw something this year, damn it, they are a Hall of Fame band, it's a good time to release some things from the vault, I would like to have a SWW deluxe edition with several discs, including a disc with oddities and unpublished songs like Game Of Heart, Lonely is The Night, Deep Cuts The Nife, Never Enough, Borderline........ and another disc with live material 1986-87 including some soundchek takes. I am easy to content with these things, even if there is not enough live material from that era, I would be very happy with a remastering of Cincinnati 87.
Very good response, rolo, totally agree! New studio output and classic live output are the two things that could still entertain me. New live output can't.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:43 AM
The Distance

Considering Jon's current vocal state, I think what he's doing now is perfect.

It looks like the goal is to cover X amount of shows in X amount of countries over the course of three years give or take. I don't Jon can handle it all in one year anymore.

Richie jumped at the wrong time because I think this current schedule of touring would be perfect for him.

Jon needs the tour to pay for the album. I'm sure Shanks doesn't work for free. And then the record company has to promote it.

When you break it all down: Musicians, Record Studio Time, Producer, Outside Song Writers, and all the other 25 people listed in the cover, Plus Promotion, your probably looking at about 5 million to make a real studio Bon Jovi record.

Lets ask Orianthi. I'm sure Richie paid out of pocket for that gigantic piece of garbage.