Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Would you do a Jovi Cruise?

General BJ Discussion

Old 12-17-2013, 12:19 AM
It's my post

Cruises aren't only an elderly person's domain any longer. They have so much to offer that the only likely reason that the crowd seems to be older is for financial reasons. The cruise I took with my family when I was 16 is the most fun vacation I've ever had.

That said, I probably wouldn't do a Jovi cruise, or any band cruise for that matter. Being around that many crazies on a ship would get old fast.

Old 04-13-2019, 04:56 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Rock or Music themed cruises are becoming quite popular. Allman Brothers sell out quick every year, Kiss has a cruise and so JBJ has joined the party.

I'd go in a minute IF I could afford it - Runaways are out of my budget - jealous of those going. Been on two cruises and absolutely loved them. I'd not be overwhelmed by a theme, you can still do shore excisions and just rest....

Anyone on the board - on board? Would love to get a first hand experience review.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:53 PM
Something for the Posts

Not at the prices they would charge. I could have the holiday of a lifetime for that.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:23 PM
Jovi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by golittleperson View Post
Rock or Music themed cruises are becoming quite popular. Allman Brothers sell out quick every year, Kiss has a cruise and so JBJ has joined the party.

I'd go in a minute IF I could afford it - Runaways are out of my budget - jealous of those going. Been on two cruises and absolutely loved them. I'd not be overwhelmed by a theme, you can still do shore excisions and just rest....

Anyone on the board - on board? Would love to get a first hand experience review.
I am going to the one in August that leaves from Barcelona. I'll let you know how it goes. I have not done a Runaway trip before and it wouldn't normally be my thing but since I've wanted to visit Barcelona and Majorca I figured what the heck. And August is a good time for me to take time off from work.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:38 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

I can only imagine how much those poor bastards paid to hear Jon's cringeworthy voice lol. Jon should actually refrain from doing these shows, it's such a rip off.

Lisbon 2008; Lisbon 2011
Old 04-21-2019, 04:49 PM
The Distance

Anyone have the full set lists from both shows?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2019, 03:12 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Anyone have the full set lists from both shows?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
It seems no one from here went to that cruise, Jersey Boy! >_< lol
Old 04-22-2019, 03:50 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

There's a completely different thread for the cruise here that had some posted pictures of the setlists here: https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...3/newpost.html
Old 04-22-2019, 01:01 PM
Keep the Faith

This cruise lookslike fantastic trip for Bon Jovi fans. I mean fans which are still excitement about new releases and not living in the past.

You can see Jon in small place. Ask him a question. Make a photo.Go to BJ museum. Listen stories from people which were with the band for many years. Setlists are maybe not in my type but they are definitely interesting. House ORSun, Halleluyah ecc sound quite good as a youtube videos. You can see all this stuff. Many many interesting things for BJ fans. You can hear also many other interesting artists (Tonic, Goo Goo dolls ecc) and much more

Price 950$ for:
- 2 JBJ & KOS show
- Many other artists
- 4 days on luxury ship
- Q&A
- Interwievs with Bergman, O'Briean, Matt ecc
- BJ museum ecc
I think this price is acceptable for me.

I think many BJ fans would go on that trip in their own most favourite part in BJ history. I would love to go for that cruise in 88-90, 2000, 2005 but I would also love to go there now.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:14 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonJovi100 View Post
This cruise lookslike fantastic trip for Bon Jovi fans. I mean fans which are still excitement about new releases and not living in the past.

You can see Jon in small place. Ask him a question. Make a photo.Go to BJ museum. Listen stories from people which were with the band for many years. Setlists are maybe not in my type but they are definitely interesting. House ORSun, Halleluyah ecc sound quite good as a youtube videos. You can see all this stuff. Many many interesting things for BJ fans. You can hear also many other interesting artists (Tonic, Goo Goo dolls ecc) and much more

Price 950$ for:
- 2 JBJ & KOS show
- Many other artists
- 4 days on luxury ship
- Q&A
- Interwievs with Bergman, O'Briean, Matt ecc
- BJ museum ecc
I think this price is acceptable for me.

I think many BJ fans would go on that trip in their own most favourite part in BJ history. I would love to go for that cruise in 88-90, 2000, 2005 but I would also love to go there now.
I take a bit of offense to us "living in the past". That's not what we're doing when we bitch. All for progress and change but the guy is phoning this in. Whether it's from lack of interest or his current vocal situation I don't know. Keep in mind the outrageous price and a setlist of mostly covers. It's cool to see but the hardcore fans are getting the same type of shows they can see on land. It's great that they have other artists but if you're going specifically to see Jon it's neat but...I just don't see the value. Have a blast if you do but he's up there doing cover songs and the same songs he does at every fan club event. While those are cheaper, it's not by much.