Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Richie Sambora

General BJ Discussion

Old 03-16-2023, 08:59 AM
Price of posting

i think what happened is and i have no proof this is just my 2 cents....

JBJ and Richie have talked. But talks have broken down and Richie will not be returning.
Richie can be involved in boxset and any tv/media/documentary but as for back in the band Jons said no.

Richies upset so thinks doing masked singer will make people want a reunion when he is unmasked as BON JOVI guitarist (not former guitarist) then does the interviews saying we have talked, its got to happen for the fans etc to put pressure on jon....but so far nothing. Jon hasnt said a word.

Richie kind of shoots himself in the foot - not with the jons voice comment but with the I have a new album out soon (nearly april, still nothing)...yet hasnt got anything ready to play to anyone during his tv/radio apps - proving to jon how unreliable Richie is.

As I said, this is what i think has happened not what happened because we dont know.

I remember jon saying how broken he was when richie left and i dont think jon wants to go through that again if they do the whole Richies back and something goes wrong like demons come back or richie leaves the tour.

Sent from my SM-X700 using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 03-16-2023, 02:55 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi View Post
That's what I've been told by the guy who helped Desmond organize the event and was in charge of everything. I commented on the lack of BJ representation in such a big / iconic night that's a pity (since nobody was touring at that time) and his response was "Richie has addiction / rehab problems, and Jon, just no".
That's hardly confirmation that he was in rehab is it? It sounds like Richie wasn't even asked and they were just presuming that he still has issues. Taking from that one comment that Richie was in rehab at the time is exactly how these kind of rumours start. His appearances in the UK at that exact time would seem to prove this comment wrong instantly. Taking things out of context like that can actually be very damaging.

Last edited by Thinny; 03-16-2023 at 04:42 PM..
Old 03-16-2023, 11:53 PM
Price of posting

Maybe the guy's comment wasn't right, but I wouldn't be surprised if he thought that... , gosh, I love Sambora so much, but if I were Desmond, I wouldn't be sure to invite him to my show. Richie is unpredictable unfortunately, and I think Jon thinks the same.

But watching the Masked Singer Uk show, maybe Jon might give him the benefit of the doubt. The thing is, he needs Richie to be reliable.

Richie is trustworthy? do you think he will release his new album in the next few months? Will he be reliable at his own live shows?

We need the answer.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 03-16-2023 at 11:57 PM..
Old 03-17-2023, 12:24 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
i think what happened is and i have no proof this is just my 2 cents....

JBJ and Richie have talked. But talks have broken down and Richie will not be returning.
Richie can be involved in boxset and any tv/media/documentary but as for back in the band Jons said no.

Richies upset so thinks doing masked singer will make people want a reunion when he is unmasked as BON JOVI guitarist (not former guitarist) then does the interviews saying we have talked, its got to happen for the fans etc to put pressure on jon....but so far nothing. Jon hasnt said a word.

Richie kind of shoots himself in the foot - not with the jons voice comment but with the I have a new album out soon (nearly april, still nothing)...yet hasnt got anything ready to play to anyone during his tv/radio apps - proving to jon how unreliable Richie is.

As I said, this is what i think has happened not what happened because we dont know.

I remember jon saying how broken he was when richie left and i dont think jon wants to go through that again if they do the whole Richies back and something goes wrong like demons come back or richie leaves the tour.

Sent from my SM-X700 using Tapatalk

Good post ; I'd say the demons never left; Richie is a full blown addict and as for Jon's voice ...it's gone for good
Old 03-17-2023, 10:51 AM
Jovi FANatic

Jon needs to come out and either confirm or totally squash it then we can all move in...surly if he wasn't coming back he would of said by now anyway .He must be aware of the hype its causing, I'm still expecting a big announcement regarding a reunion

http://www.facebook.com/eddie.bland
Old 03-18-2023, 12:08 AM
Posting everyday

Ten years ago TODAY, Richie played his last proper show with the band in Lubbock, Texas.
Realizing that it's been a full decade since then actually hit me harder than I thought it would
Old 03-18-2023, 12:17 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

**** knows what's really going on but Jon strikes me as a stubborn man who'll stick to his principles and who values loyalty. How Richie left the band really left a mark on him. You could see that in all the interviews he did in the years after. He's clearly forgiven Richie, there's no personal ill feeling, but professionally I wouldn't be surprised if Jon's decided he can't work with Richie again.

I never thought I'd see Axl and Slash on the same stage so who knows. But Jon has nothing left to accomplish. He's done it all. I wouldn't be surprised if it never happens.
Old 03-18-2023, 03:43 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambos apprentice View Post
Good post ; I'd say the demons never left; Richie is a full blown addict and as for Jon's voice ...it's gone for good
He is either an addict or not. However, I take it you mean by full blown that he is still using whatever his vice is? I don't agree but what are your reasons for thinking this?
Old 03-21-2023, 10:29 AM
Keep the Faith

After that Lubbock show I was told Richie never actually walked out, he simply wasn't in a fit state to play the first concert of that leg.

Everything I've seen since has confirmed that story.

As soon as a month or two later he was on a red carpet somewhere talking about returning for the European leg in 2013.

I think it's pretty clear at this stage that his return has been blocked by Jon. This latest spate of interviews was his attempt to force his way back in. Clearly, Jon won't entertain the idea.

Either he's never forgiven him for that no-show or he still sees him as a liability. Probably a bit of both but it means the band will sadly fizzle out.

Old 03-21-2023, 01:55 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by † ÀžžÀ † View Post
After that Lubbock show I was told Richie never actually walked out, he simply wasn't in a fit state to play the first concert of that leg.

Everything I've seen since has confirmed that story.

As soon as a month or two later he was on a red carpet somewhere talking about returning for the European leg in 2013.

I think it's pretty clear at this stage that his return has been blocked by Jon. This latest spate of interviews was his attempt to force his way back in. Clearly, Jon won't entertain the idea.

Either he's never forgiven him for that no-show or he still sees him as a liability. Probably a bit of both but it means the band will sadly fizzle out.
I never bought this. Dude was in good shape in 2012/2013. He looked a little bored and unenthused on the WAN tour but not nearly what he was playing like when it was clear he was on pain killers and booze in 2006. I don't think it was pretty clear he was unfit to play, but it's the most common narrative. He was in shape with very little slurring, two common signs when RS isn't "all good".