Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

What About Now revisited

General BJ Discussion

Old 08-01-2018, 10:48 PM
Jovi Freak

Dass der gute Mann so viel Wert drauf legt, was potentiell über ihn verzapft wird, dass er - wie vermutet - direkt die Übersetzermaschine laufen lässt, ist doch irgendwie... nunja, man kann sich ja schlecht selbst muten.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:50 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Du musst zum Benutzerkontrollpanel. Wenn du PrivateNachrichten hast, dann kannst du einfach darauf klicken, das ist ja ganz oben immer angezeigt. Dann hast du links Settings & Optionen, und da eine entsprechende Liste
Danke!

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2018, 10:52 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Dass der gute Mann so viel Wert drauf legt, was potentiell über ihn verzapft wird, dass er - wie vermutet - direkt die Übersetzermaschine laufen lässt, ist doch irgendwie... nunja, man kann sich ja schlecht selbst muten.
Wat willste machen...
Old 08-01-2018, 10:59 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Wat willste machen...
You two should get a room!!!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2018, 11:23 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Wat willste machen...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
You two should get a room!!!

in Spanish the translation sounds even worse lol
but I don’t think it’s what it looks like (I hope)
Old 08-01-2018, 11:40 PM
Keep the Faith

I agree that WAN is probably the band's weakest album, but I don't think it's terrible. It definitely sounds rushed though, I think I'm With You is one of the best songs on this album but I hate how robotic the vocals on the chorus are. My favorite song of the main 12 is actually Thick as Thieves, despite the lyrics in the middle 8 being a bit cheesy. I think Into the Echo is by far the best song on the album if bonus tracks are included. I absolutely love Richie's solo on that song, and get nostalgic every time I hear it since is the last (non solo) song on the last BJ album Richie played on before disappearing into the echo himself.

Last edited by Zakatar; 08-01-2018 at 11:45 PM..
Old 08-01-2018, 11:46 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
in Spanish the translation sounds even worse lol
but I don’t think it’s what it looks like (I hope)
Haha no, it was "just" bashing of a certain user here and him explaining to me how to use the ignore function since I was too stupid to figure it out myself

But now you know how it feels when you guys sometimes go off and speak Spanish and I have to run it through a translator.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:01 AM
Posting everyday

I actually gave the album another shot today and realized how much I disliked the lyrics. There are some good melodies in there, but the lyrics in almost every song hit one point where it's cringeworthy.
Bon Jovi have always been a band to utilize clichés and there's nothing wrong with that, but they were so good at it and here it's embarassing.

Jon once wrote:
"My eyes have seen the horror
of the coming of the flood
I've driven deep the thorny crown
into the soul of someone's son"

Clichéd metaphor, but brilliant.
Here, I rarely find one where I say "that's a cool idea". And when I first listened to it, I could finish half of the rhymes because they were so obvious. Not too great if a non-native speaker can do so.

Furthermore, many people here claiming that Into The Echo is one of their favourites somehow shows to me that Jon lost the feeling for picking the right songs in the last decade or so. There have always been treasures among the bonus tracks, but when they start to kick an album's ass, it gets tricky.
Into The Echo and Burn With Me, while surely no masterpieces, are more entertaining than the full second half of the album.
Burning Bridges, piled together from left-overs and stuff not deemed good enough for THINFS, shows more diversity and creativity than the last three studio albums and there at least are flashes of brilliance. It seems that anytime a song is stylistically a little left oder right field these days, it gets ruled out of the final track listing. That's a bit sad.
Old 08-02-2018, 12:48 AM
The Distance

The biggest issue for me with the more recent albums are the lyrics... without being sarcastic, I'd rather hear him mumble something inaudible verses hearing him rattle the same Climbing Mountains, We Are The Power Of One, Etc over and over again...

I've always stated that lyrics aren't necessary to make a song great but on the flip side, the wrong ones could definitely ruin one...

I don't care what he writes about and I don't care if I even understand what he's writing about but when it becomes too simplistic and corny, then the adverse effect happens...

Army Of One doesn't have to be a bad song but Jon chanting Never Give Up a trillion times over can make someone crazy....

Old 08-02-2018, 02:00 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Haha no, it was "just" bashing of a certain user here and him explaining to me how to use the ignore function since I was too stupid to figure it out myself

But now you know how it feels when you guys sometimes go off and speak Spanish and I have to run it through a translator.

I guess it's easier for you when 90% of it is "jajajaj" lol

btw people from where I am from, would say the name of the user, like when I did with you

Tags
what about now