Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Which member of Bon Jovi would you rather read an autobiography by?

General BJ Discussion

View Poll Results: Which member of Bon Jovi would you rather read an autobiography by? Post a Poll
Jon 12 42.86%
Richie 9 32.14%
David 2 7.14%
Tico 2 7.14%
Alec 3 10.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2018, 05:34 PM
These Days

Default Which member of Bon Jovi would you rather read an autobiography by?

All members (present and former) of Bon Jovi are way into their 50s approaching 60 and some are even steadily going for 70. Still there are no autobiography by any member released which may seem strange in a time where it seems quite popular.

Back to my question? Which member would rather read a career spanning book by? Who do you think would be mostly faithful to the "truth" and facts and who do you think would offer the most shocking reveals?

I think Jon's would be a good read obviously as he's the main man and I definitely think he would stick to being very honest even if it means showing himself in a bad light in certain situations. Then again I also imagine there would be a lot of dull stuff about him being a CEO, his football miseries and his acting career - stuff that at least doesn't excite me.

Richie's would probably be interesting even though I would imagine he'd stretch the truth many times concerning numbers and stuff and also exaggerate many situations. Then again it would be very interseting to read about his thoughts about standing in Jon's shadow and mostly what he really felt during the 2000s post-Shank era.

David is also someone I would like to read even though I guess Bon Jovi would only be a part of the book and a lot of stuff about his musical career and so on. But seeing him in the WWWB documentary being openly critical to how the band is run in an official band release I would very much like to read some of his frustrations as a side man over the years. I think he has a lot to say but so far very little has been.

Tico would certainly be a good read but I can't imagine him revealing any really major things. I just think he has been quite happy over his situation over the years and wouldn't be esepcially openly critical.

I included Alec as an option as I know there are a few big fans of him here. And yes, who wouldn't love to read his side of the story from 1984-1994 and also what the hell he did after? I can't see him releasing a book but it would certainly be interesting.

Old 11-20-2018, 05:52 PM
Dry County

Jon.

I think we'd get an answer to many of our past questions about him, the voice and confidence things included.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:10 PM
Something for the Posts

It will never happen from any of them, but a tell all from Richie would be a very interesting read. Jon's would play it too safe and not tell us anything that the hardcore fans didn't already know. Can't think that Dave's or Tico's would hold my attention much, but Alec's take on the glory years would be great!
Old 11-20-2018, 06:18 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Richie & Alec but only if they could tell the full story.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:06 PM
Posting everyday

David. I think his story would be the most honest one since Richie or Jon would try to convey their side of the story too much and the read would probably be entertaining enough to stay with it for at least the Jovi part (wouldn't really care about the rest). And he's been there all along the ride.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:04 PM
Jovi Freak

meh, Jon Bon Jovi obviously! New tricks are always good, but he has said that people will never know the best stories and that he has no itentions of write a book...
Old 11-20-2018, 10:51 PM
Jovi Freak

I would want to know about the songwriting aspect. Not "how do I write a song", but when songs were written, in which context, what they mean to the guys, all that.

At this stage, I'd have to say Jon. Richie has been in full on used cars salesman mode ever since he left/was let go from the band, and would claim to have written everything while also making it "all about the feeling, man". Jon probably would be more humble about it (think about that for a moment!) and also more cerebral.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:09 AM
Next 100 Posts

https://youtu.be/smpp0krng14
At 1:25 Richie talks a little bit about a potential book, he even has written a few pages
Old 11-23-2018, 12:19 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
David.
But you don’t vote? You’re weird.
Old 11-23-2018, 01:21 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
But you don’t vote? You’re weird.
Simply forgot about it.
Plus the poll isn't down on the Tapatalk app.