Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

HAND Demos

General BJ Discussion

Old 07-08-2017, 09:12 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Sorry, what I meant was the original, lossless cd distributed in 2004 is very very hard to find. The bootleg of that is pretty easy to find. Those are the versions most people have but the original, lossless Bells of Freedom in full has never been leaked out to public places like youtube.

Most of the HAND demos are just not different enough to warrant an official release. The pronoun changing is all that's incredibly different in I want to be loved. Would love to see the original Bells released, the lyrics are incredibly better and less about personal empowerment.
That's ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. I appreciate a physical CD copy of the 2004 version is scarce to say the least but I'm not the least bit bothered about a physical copy. I would love to have just a lossless wav/flac rip of the whole 2004 album, even if "Bells of Freedom" is clipped a bit. Never been able to find it and like I say, I've been looking high and low for it (on and off) for a good 10 years now.

I agree that the entire 2004 album in itself probably wouldn't warrant an official release due to now not-very-different it sounds compared to the final album but as part of a digital deluxe edition or something would do.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.

Last edited by Dave 1986; 12-12-2019 at 06:45 PM..

Old 07-10-2017, 01:08 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Sorry, what I meant was the original, lossless cd distributed in 2004 is very very hard to find. The bootleg of that is pretty easy to find. Those are the versions most people have but the original, lossless Bells of Freedom in full has never been leaked out to public places like youtube.

Most of the HAND demos are just not different enough to warrant an official release. The pronoun changing is all that's incredibly different in I want to be loved. Would love to see the original Bells released, the lyrics are incredibly better and less about personal empowerment.
I actually have a full copy of Bells Of Freedom in MP3 format, just gave it a listen and I don't hear any edits, clips or anything. It's just not perfect quality, but better than Nothing...
Old 07-10-2017, 02:57 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan93 View Post
I actually have a full copy of Bells Of Freedom in MP3 format, just gave it a listen and I don't hear any edits, clips or anything. It's just not perfect quality, but better than Nothing...
My "Bells of Freedom" MP3 has a segment cut out that make the first verse merge into midway through the chorus. I can't for the life of me remember the lyrics for the 2004 version off hand and haven't heard it for some time. My copy has decent quality compared so the other 2004 songs I have.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.

Last edited by Dave 1986; 07-08-2020 at 12:44 AM..
Old 07-10-2017, 03:24 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 1986 View Post
My "Bells of Freedom" MP3 has a segment cut out that make the first verse merge into midway through the chorus. I can't for the life of me remember the lyrics for the 2004 version off hand and haven't heard it for some time. My copy has decent quality compared so the other 2004 songs I have.
Hmm, no mine doesn't have that. But I noticed that I probably do have that "watermark" in there in the first verse, but it's not too distracting.

Yet I'm wondering if I have a version that's cut together, since the lyrics don't seem to make a whole lot of sense just before the bridge, though no edits are audible. Does anyone have the lyrics to the demo version?

The quality is identical for all the songs in the source I got it from. Just that that noise (from the cymbals?) in Nothing is way too much, especially in this version, since all files are only 160 kbit/s MP3.

EDIT: this seems like the version that I have. The "watermark" is at 0:24, and the lyrics I talked about at 0:46:

Last edited by jovifan93; 07-10-2017 at 03:32 PM..
Old 07-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Breakout

Hi i found this bootleg called have a nice day outtakes. I bought this from a japanese site
http://rockcollectors.shop-pro.jp/?pid=30817740
I was wondering where they got all the recordings from cuz it kinda sounds pretty decent
Old 07-10-2017, 03:59 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokutetsu101 View Post
Hi i found this bootleg called have a nice day outtakes. I bought this from a japanese site
http://rockcollectors.shop-pro.jp/?pid=30817740
I was wondering where they got all the recordings from cuz it kinda sounds pretty decent
Does that have a version of Nothing without all that noise? Probably not?
Old 07-10-2017, 04:35 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Actually, yah, that Youtube is the full version. I didn't even realize it was on Youtube, thanks guys!
Old 07-10-2017, 04:35 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Does that have a version of Nothing without all that noise? Probably not?
These Japanese sites sell about any kind of bootleg, no matter what the quality is. That being said - the quality of most of the tracks on the original CD (bar Nothing) was really nice.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:41 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
These Japanese sites sell about any kind of bootleg, no matter what the quality is. That being said - the quality of most of the tracks on the original CD (bar Nothing) was really nice.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, hence the question. The quality of my version is really nice as well, albeit only 160 kbit/s MP3. Would be happy to find it in 320 kbit/s, but other than that, it's great.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:23 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, hence the question. The quality of my version is really nice as well, albeit only 160 kbit/s MP3. Would be happy to find it in 320 kbit/s, but other than that, it's great.
The original rip (although shared as FLAC files) in fact is lossy and cuts off at around 160kHz. As I found out lately, many of "rare original rips" from that person were in fact horribly compressed files.

Tags
have a nice day (2004), nothing (song)