General BJ Discussion

Old 10-15-2016, 10:56 AM
Jovi FANatic

Not a hint of Just For Men there..

Old 10-15-2016, 08:47 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
He became rich in Bon Jovi, I doubt many people would stab the reason they never have to work again in the back, whether they be right or not....
But he did blew all his money, didnt he? Had to auction his stuff few years back...? And like I said before he had his twitter account maybe couple of years back with the most common stuff "going to work" etc.

Considering Alec's nature, I'm sure he became a millionaire but also that he burnt it all.

Last edited by rokuli; 10-15-2016 at 08:52 PM..
Old 10-16-2016, 01:49 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuli View Post
And These Days was soft & full of ballads, because during the early 90s Jovi was huge in Europe (more so than in US) because of ballads (Bed Of Roses, Always)....
You've obviously not listened to These Days.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:59 PM
Undiscovered Posts

I can't remember which message board it was, but there were two different guys claiming to be Alec himself.
Old 11-15-2020, 03:48 PM
Keep the Faith

To dig out this thread once again.
After doing a lot of research for the just released 1994/1995 era on our touring page, I'd like to write down the timeline as far as possible.
Additions are very welcome - especially if someone knows anything about when the band officially stated Alec's departure.

1994/06/04 - MTV Movie Awards - with Alec

1994/07/02 - release of Kerrang Magazine wirting about rumours of Alec leaving the band and quoting him "I'm not doing the next record with them" and "well, Jon always thinks I suck anyway!"
(you can read the article here: https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...st1209618.html )

1994/07/20 - release of RAW-magazine quoting him “I’m gonna be doing the tour, but they’re using a guy called Huey MacDonald. I’m not doing the record with them this time, I have no desire to.” and "Jon tells me I suck all the time".
(you can read the article here: https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...st1209619.html)

1994/09/03 - Festivalbar, Marostica, Italy - with Alec

1994/09/07 - Top Of The Pops, London, England - with Alec

1994/09/22 - Top Of The Pops, Niagara Falls, New York, USA - with Alec

1994/10/08 - MTV Studios, New York City, New York USA - with Alec

1994/10/10 - TROS, Hilversum, Netherlands - with Alec
--> this is as far as we could find out, the last documented performance with Alec.

1994/10/24 - Rockline Radio, Los Angeles, California, USA
--> interview with Jon and Richie and Jon is asked about the rumours concerning Alec. After he first skipped the question, the host asked once again if Alec is leaving the band and Jon replied "it may be".

1994/10/28 - The Late Show with David Letterman, New York City, New York, USA - with Hugh
--> this is the first documented performance with Hugh on bass. In the afternoon of the same day the whole band played a small acoustic show at the Hard Rock Café in New York. But only an audio bootleg exists and since Jon doesn't introduce the band on that one, we can't say anything about the line-up but it has to be assumed that Hugh played with them on that one, too. (anything else wouldn't make any sense).

All the recordings to the appearances mentioned above can be found here: https://bjtours.jimdofree.com/tours/...romo-off-tour/
I think leaving out the videos in this post makes it clearer to read.
Old 11-15-2020, 04:19 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

THANK YOU for doing this!

Man. “But what I intended it to be and what Jon wanted are two different things. I wanted to have fun, but then those guys wrote a hit song, and now there is so much pressure to keep having hit songs. I’ve always felt that you write a song and *others*(originally in cursive print) will tell you it’s a hit, you don’t write a song to be a hit and tell everyone,‘This is a hit song’.“ is such a good quote.
Old 11-16-2020, 03:18 AM
Jovi Freak

Alec: I know how Jon writes and I know how Richie writes. I put those two guys together. They should be patting me on the back ‘cause without each other they’d still not be writing right. Jon writes cowboy songs, they all start out that way. He needs Richie to harden ‘em up and turn ‘em into Bon Jovi songs.
My eye was infected. It was dripping away every night and I had to put this Vaseline on it. That was the only time anyone ever saw me with an eye-patch. I wasn’t going on a pirate look because that would be nuts.
>_< jaja
Old 11-16-2020, 08:41 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
Alec: I know how Jon writes and I know how Richie writes. I put those two guys together. They should be patting me on the back ‘cause without each other they’d still not be writing right. Jon writes cowboy songs, they all start out that way. He needs Richie to harden ‘em up and turn ‘em into Bon Jovi songs.
My eye was infected. It was dripping away every night and I had to put this Vaseline on it. That was the only time anyone ever saw me with an eye-patch. I wasn’t going on a pirate look because that would be nuts.
>_< jaja
We already have those quotes in the articles posted in this very thread.

Any new additions would be welcome.
Old 11-16-2020, 03:57 PM
Something for the Posts

I remember reading those interviews at the time and thinking Alec had gone nuts, and that he would get fired over the interviews, and I was right about the latter part. However, reading back now it's amazing how much sense Alec writes and how much it still applies to modern day Bon Jovi.

The whole writing a "hit" thing is obviously something Jon has been obsessed with for a long time and is why he has been constantly chasing trends rather that to write what comes naturally.

Agree with what he says about Richie and Jon writing together too!

Got to hand it to Alec for not being afraid to speak out, he must have known Jon wouldn't take it well....you've gotta think that maybe he knew his days left with the band were limited at this point...
Old 11-19-2020, 03:42 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
To dig out this thread once again.
After doing a lot of research for the just released 1994/1995 era on our touring page, I'd like to write down the timeline as far as possible.
Additions are very welcome - especially if someone knows anything about when the band officially stated Alec's departure.

1994/06/04 - MTV Movie Awards - with Alec

1994/07/02 - release of Kerrang Magazine wirting about rumours of Alec leaving the band and quoting him "I'm not doing the next record with them" and "well, Jon always thinks I suck anyway!"
(you can read the article here: https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...st1209618.html )

1994/07/20 - release of RAW-magazine quoting him “I’m gonna be doing the tour, but they’re using a guy called Huey MacDonald. I’m not doing the record with them this time, I have no desire to.” and "Jon tells me I suck all the time".
(you can read the article here: https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...st1209619.html)

1994/09/03 - Festivalbar, Marostica, Italy - with Alec

1994/09/07 - Top Of The Pops, London, England - with Alec

1994/09/22 - Top Of The Pops, Niagara Falls, New York, USA - with Alec

1994/10/08 - MTV Studios, New York City, New York USA - with Alec

1994/10/10 - TROS, Hilversum, Netherlands - with Alec
--> this is as far as we could find out, the last documented performance with Alec.

1994/10/24 - Rockline Radio, Los Angeles, California, USA
--> interview with Jon and Richie and Jon is asked about the rumours concerning Alec. After he first skipped the question, the host asked once again if Alec is leaving the band and Jon replied "it may be".

1994/10/28 - The Late Show with David Letterman, New York City, New York, USA - with Hugh
--> this is the first documented performance with Hugh on bass. In the afternoon of the same day the whole band played a small acoustic show at the Hard Rock Café in New York. But only an audio bootleg exists and since Jon doesn't introduce the band on that one, we can't say anything about the line-up but it has to be assumed that Hugh played with them on that one, too. (anything else wouldn't make any sense).

All the recordings to the appearances mentioned above can be found here: https://bjtours.jimdofree.com/tours/...romo-off-tour/
I think leaving out the videos in this post makes it clearer to read.
This is awesome..... thanks for posting

Tags
alec john such