Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Jon Bon Jovi in Croatia?!?

General BJ Discussion

Old 01-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Livin' on a Post

Default Jon Bon Jovi in Croatia?!?

http://www.javno.com/en/bestseller/clanak.php?id=221489

Once a dream fantasy of many teenage girls, today a 46-year-old world-famous American singer Jon Bon Jovi has already booked two tickets for January 16, which is when the World Handball Championship will officially be opened in Split, Croatia, according to unofficial information which well-informed Split Arena circles are buzzing with.

The heads of this spectacular event did not confirm or deny this news, they just shrugged their shoulders. However, we found out that there is reason for the visit. One of the leading people of the Global spectrum Europe, owned by Comcast-Spectator, created by combining American Global Spectrum and the British NEC Group, is a good friend of the popular singer.

The popular sweet metal singer is supposed to arrive in Split on January 16 in the morning. He should spend the day sightseeing and is to leave Dalmatia a day after the opening, because he is a guest in a popular Italian national TV network show on January 18.

It is not yet sure for whom th second ticket is for, but the Arena is constructed, the World Handball Championship is just about to begin and the world-famous guests are slowly arriving in the Dalmatian city. If only Croats took the champions title, then all investments would soon start paying back, perhaps even with a Bon Jovi concert at the Spaladium Arena.

Do you think it's possible Jon actually performs at this event because there are talks about it in my country? If so,I would go to see him even for one song. And I don't believe the band is coming,so probably Jon won't sing,but I really hope he will

Old 01-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi_cro View Post

The popular sweet metal singer
so are they saying he is sweet? or there is a genre of music called 'sweet metal'?
Old 01-12-2009, 03:03 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_zero_UFO View Post
so are they saying he is sweet? or there is a genre of music called 'sweet metal'?
it's a good generic term to describe old-school Jovi though..."sweet metal"...much better than "hair metal" which says little about the content :P

Yep, I am sure Dee Snider would agree with me. In the end he called Bon Jovi "happy metal" didn't he?
Old 01-12-2009, 04:54 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

with him doing the fund raiser the night of the 15th, I would have to say this report is bullshit
1995 - 1 show
1997 - 2 shows
1998 - 2 shows
2000 - 12 shows
2001 - 14 shows
2002 - 3 shows
2003 - 22 shows
2006 - 1 show
2008 - 1 show
2010 - 5 shows
2011 - 3 shows
2013 - 3 shows
Old 01-12-2009, 05:02 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon View Post
Yep, I am sure Dee Snider would agree with me. In the end he called Bon Jovi "happy metal" didn't he?
Yes. That was pretty funny actually.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Jovi Realm View Post
with him doing the fund raiser the night of the 15th, I would have to say this report is bullshit

Yeah,it might be,but on the 18th he has some thing to do in Italy and it's very close to Croatia.But again,even if he comes,it will eventually be just to see the game,not to perform. But I can hope
Old 01-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi_cro View Post
Yeah,it might be,but on the 18th he has some thing to do in Italy and it's very close to Croatia.But again,even if he comes,it will eventually be just to see the game,not to perform. But I can hope
why would Jon come and see a handball game? I bet he doesn't even know what that sport is. And I can't see just attending as a sponsor's thing either. But maybe my understanding of PR is just extremely limited.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Breakout

Send a message via MSN to sambora chick

Okay,first of all he`s playing for Hillary Clinton on 15th of January and there is no chance he`ll physically make it!
2nd-why should he travel all the way to Italy just for one interview?!? It`s not even his season for interviews! He mostly finishes them before the tour and this new CD isn`t even started with recording yet!
3rd-I don`t think he`s a handball guy...he never mentioned that sport!
4th-Even if he comes he`ll not be performing! Cuz there is no chance they wouldn`t give that kind of info to the press! It`s tooo BIG!
5th-Don`t be sad,cuz me and my friend are working on bringing them to Croatia on the next tour and we are quite successful at it
Old 01-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Dry County

Define 'quite succesful'

I salute you,
Thunderstrucker
Old 01-12-2009, 05:13 PM
These Days

Maybe he wants to see new arena in Split and Zagreb becaouse he thinks they could performe there on next tour! I,m sure, if Bon Jovi will performe in Croatia then they will do it in Arena Zagreb!