Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Jon Bon Jovi wanted for London Tribute Band

General BJ Discussion

Old 02-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Suddenly

Default Jon Bon Jovi wanted for London Tribute Band

Hey all!

I'm a new poster here on Jovi Talk, but have been a regular user of the site for some time now!!!

I am a session guitarist based in London England and have just set up a Bon Jovi tribute band. We are all professional musicians and big BJ fans. Our only problem is finding a great Jon Bon Jovi who has the vocal ability, look and professionalism required.

Our intentions are to make this a big touring band and to make a living doing so. Does anybody here know of someone who may be interested/suitable for this job? Any help would be much appreciates, once we have the singer in place we are pretty much ready to go!!

Hope to here from some of you soon!

Mark

Old 02-11-2013, 02:05 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

I reckon you ought to show what you're capable of as a band first before anyone would show some interest. Care to post an instrumental of a Bon Jovi track?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 02-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Runaway

Seb - he can play - I know Mark well - and one thing he his is a dedicated musician ...........
kj
Old 02-22-2013, 01:33 AM
Suddenly

Hey Mark,

welcome to the Bon Jovi tribute band jungle.

As a professional musician i would have thought you would have done your homework prior to putting in a lot of work setting up this band. In case you haven't, you really should have a look on the internet to see how many bands these days are calling themselves a Bon Jovi tribute......there are truckloads of them!

Then you also have the agents and venues who like to use the bands they already have as they are tried and tested. So it won't be easy getting your foot in the door and then establishing yourself. As a business, there really is a lot of easier ways to make money.......but personally i'll work really hard and put up with a lot of shit because i am a huge Bon Jovi fan.

The most annoying thing for me is that a lot of the recent Bon Jovi tribute bands which have appeared on the scene sound nothing like them. No wonder JBJ doesn't like tributes.

Anyways.....have a look for yourself on Google....you'll see what i mean. You'll even see a band travelling from the north east all the way to south Wales......to play in a pub for peanuts! All this obviously hurts the decent tributes, in terms of fees commanded and people's perception of you.

Good luck,
George
Old 02-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Breakout

Such an amazing video...