Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

The time of Your Life

General BJ Discussion

Old 08-11-2019, 06:33 AM
Jovi Fan

Default The time of Your Life

Hi guys! Lastly I've heard a song called " the time of your life " by Little Steven. I know he was around within the These Days Tour and just wanted to know if Bon Jovi recorded the song also?? This may be a good question for RD or Yovanna, so I would appreciate any information about it. Thanks

Old 08-11-2019, 11:31 AM
Posting everyday

No, they didn't. They only played Little Steven's "Never Wanna Say Goodbye" twice back then.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2019, 01:28 PM
Keep the Faith

But since the whole band can bee seen in the video I don't know if they recorded the song with Little Steven anyway.
Does anybody know more about the writing and recording credits?

In a quick research I could only find this (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113986/soundtrack):

The Time Of Your Life
Written by Steven Van Zandt (as Steven Van Zandt)
Produced and Performed by Steven Van Zandt (as Little Steven)
Special Thanks to Bon Jovi
Old 08-11-2019, 04:00 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
No, they didn't. They only played Little Steven's "Never Wanna Say Goodbye" twice back then.

Probably they demoed it, it was 95 and they used to make a lot of covers as they did for House of Fire (and Desmond Child already wrote on his Instagram that he never thought that someone would put it into an album...but who knows... I thank You, 634-5789 and some other studio covers saw the lights on that era...that is why I wonder and if you look at the video, they are playing exactly the same as the song goes...so it's kind of weird
Old 08-11-2019, 04:55 PM
Posting everyday

Not ruling out that they played some instruments on it, but since it doesn't seem that they wrote it, I don't see why they shouldn't demoed it.
They were good friends and it was probably a friendly favour in terms of appearing in the video. Didn't Jon and Richie appear in a Cinderella video in the 80's as well?

And they didn't cover House of Fire, they demoed but didn't use it for New Jersey and then the song got passed on to Alice Cooper who released it.

Old 08-11-2019, 06:02 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Not ruling out that they played some instruments on it, but since it doesn't seem that they wrote it, I don't see why they shouldn't demoed it.
They were good friends and it was probably a friendly favour in terms of appearing in the video. Didn't Jon and Richie appear in a Cinderella video in the 80's as well?

And they didn't cover House of Fire, they demoed but didn't use it for New Jersey and then the song got passed on to Alice Cooper who released it.

I could have happened... They were on tour together on 1995, so... There's a lot of chances that they may demoed it. Now, Cinderella's story is different... Jon decided to power on Cinderella, so Cinderella was powered by Bon Jovi since 1987 until 1990. However, Jon helped them a lot while they were releasing the Long Cold Winter record... He (Tom), said during an interview on 1989 that Jon and Richie bringed some songs to the record but at the end of the day, their hands were based on Don't Know What... On 1988 but strictly for the song structure... Now, there was no information they joined on studios. But The Time of Your Life, seems one of those songs that they could demo just for fun, as they have done with other songs
Old 08-11-2019, 09:18 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Songs4U View Post
I could have happened... They were on tour together on 1995, so... There's a lot of chances that they may demoed it. Now, Cinderella's story is different... Jon decided to power on Cinderella, so Cinderella was powered by Bon Jovi since 1987 until 1990. However, Jon helped them a lot while they were releasing the Long Cold Winter record... He (Tom), said during an interview on 1989 that Jon and Richie bringed some songs to the record but at the end of the day, their hands were based on Don't Know What... On 1988 but strictly for the song structure... Now, there was no information they joined on studios. But The Time of Your Life, seems one of those songs that they could demo just for fun, as they have done with other songs
Of course it could be possible, a million things could be possible that we don't know about. Southside Johnny's horn section was there for Damned, they also could've recorded another song off TD with them that we don't know about.

But you asked if they demoed it and no, no such information ever became available. I mean playing it for fun, maybe. Recording it for the sake of releasing it, I'd say rather unlikely. The other covers were a nod to (especially) Jon's influences and of songs that had long been released, there was no reason to give Little Steven competition by releasing his song in a similar time frame.
Just because they were on tour together - one could argue even more that way if Bon Jovi demoed stuff like 18 & Life or I Remember You. Jon was great friends with Snake back then, they helped the band a lot in terms of giving their verdict on songs and taking them on tour with them. Doesn't mean they went into the studio and recorded their songs.
Old 08-11-2019, 10:38 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

They played on it. I forget where I read it, and im not sure if it included Jon BUT it's the band on the recording.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:13 PM
Posting everyday

Btw. does anybody know if that song ever got officially recorded and released?
Old 08-12-2019, 12:04 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Just because they were on tour together - one could argue even more that way if Bon Jovi demoed stuff like 18 & Life or I Remember You. Jon was great friends with Snake back then, they helped the band a lot in terms of giving their verdict on songs and taking them on tour with them. Doesn't mean they went into the studio and recorded their songs.
That's not really the same though, Skid Row are a band, it makes no sense that Bon Jovi would record demos of their songs. Whereas Little Steven was out of tour with Bon Jovi on his own, as a guest to both Crown Of Throrns and Bon Jovi. He didn't have a band with him. They may not have demoed the song, probably Little Steven did that on his own, but I also remember hearing that they are on the released recording, not just in the video. They do get a special thanks from Little Steven in the credits for the song so it makes sense...