Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Which do you consider to be Jon's latest honestly GOOD vocal performance?

General BJ Discussion

Old 01-03-2020, 08:28 PM
Suddenly

He was still decent in 2013, but I was shocked just how much it had declined by 2017, whilst he did sound ok at Wembley, the rest of the tour he did not sound good at all.

Old 01-04-2020, 10:09 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos The Villan View Post
He was still decent in 2013, but I was shocked just how much it had declined by 2017, whilst he did sound ok at Wembley, the rest of the tour he did not sound good at all.
Yes , you are right
Old 01-05-2020, 12:31 AM
Suddenly

I did also notice how much he was struggling at the Brisbane concert in 2013
Old 01-10-2020, 01:35 PM
Dry County

Quote:
I did also notice how much he was struggling at the Brisbane concert in 2013
Yeah, especially on Bad Name, IML, BTBMB and ITA. IBTFY and These Days were OK-ish for the period and Always was very, very patchy, but Jon still managed to hit some good notes on it, especially near the end of the song.

That said, what the f*ck happened to his mid-range between 2015 and 2017? I mean, check out this acoustic performance of Seat Next To You from NYC '15:

https://youtu.be/ma8KD3xhKCs

There's very little difference to the studio version or the couple live renditions from 2007-08. His pitch is still good even on the choruses (even though he's visibly straining some on the "say that you'll save me" parts) and his voice still has its usual tone, meaning there are no breathing issues, cracks, hoarseness/whispering, etc. It still sounds like Jon singing, unlike most of the time nowadays.

EDIT: Holy shit, even in mid-2016 he was still sounding miles better than only about 6 months later! Here's You Had Me From Hello from the same venue in July '16:

https://youtu.be/WhxyVsots-M

Now I'm really starting to think he went under the knife somewhere between the THINFS promo tour in October and the beginning of the first US leg in February '17, and either the surgeon f*cked something up majorly or Jon didn't follow the instructions regarding vocal rest after the surgery...

Last edited by BJFan99; 01-10-2020 at 01:45 PM..
Old 01-10-2020, 02:32 PM
Dry County

Quote:
I think Nijmegen, Dublin night #2 and Düsseldorf were decent as well, but then again, those shows had Jon pushing at 120% and the required level of extra effort wasn't sustainable for him anymore.
Old 01-11-2020, 12:51 AM
Suddenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
Yeah, especially on Bad Name, IML, BTBMB and ITA. IBTFY and These Days were OK-ish for the period and Always was very, very patchy, but Jon still managed to hit some good notes on it, especially near the end of the song.

That said, what the f*ck happened to his mid-range between 2015 and 2017? I mean, check out this acoustic performance of Seat Next To You from NYC '15:

https://youtu.be/ma8KD3xhKCs

There's very little difference to the studio version or the couple live renditions from 2007-08. His pitch is still good even on the choruses (even though he's visibly straining some on the "say that you'll save me" parts) and his voice still has its usual tone, meaning there are no breathing issues, cracks, hoarseness/whispering, etc. It still sounds like Jon singing, unlike most of the time nowadays.

EDIT: Holy shit, even in mid-2016 he was still sounding miles better than only about 6 months later! Here's You Had Me From Hello from the same venue in July '16:

https://youtu.be/WhxyVsots-M

Now I'm really starting to think he went under the knife somewhere between the THINFS promo tour in October and the beginning of the first US leg in February '17, and either the surgeon f*cked something up majorly or Jon didn't follow the instructions regarding vocal rest after the surgery...
I seen some footage from Russia last year and his voice cracked so many times, even talk he was miming during Livin' On A Prayer
Old 01-11-2020, 04:17 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
From what I'm aware of, unfortunately no the 1995 Bremen show was broadcasted on the radio, though:

https://youtu.be/eV0KzWSe1kw

I miss Jon's voice more and more each day
Oh my sweet Lord ! That show is just epic . Lately Ive been claiming The circle as my favourite tour of all time but ive been kidding myself. As we all know deep down These Days tour was Bon Jovi at their absolute peak peak peak !!!!! Wow . He is casually high fiveing fans at the bar during high notes of Always . Nooo problemo . God dam Superman .
Old 01-11-2020, 07:22 PM
These Days

Quote:
I think Nijmegen, Dublin night #2 and Düsseldorf were decent as well, but then again, those shows had Jon pushing at 120% and the required level of extra effort wasn't sustainable for him anymore.
Where's my royalty check, kid?
Old 01-12-2020, 10:55 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
Where's my royalty check, kid?
I think I spent the money needed for paying that at the bar last night...

Last edited by BJFan99; 01-12-2020 at 07:47 PM..