Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone headed to Vegas for Jon this week?

General BJ Discussion

Old 01-20-2020, 02:56 PM
Dry County

Watched Unbroken last night.

It was so bad I wanted to cry, and almost did.

Congrats, Jon, for ruining your voice and performances just early enough for it to damage the band's reputation as a live act on the long run. You topped our expectations.

I'm scared to even think this shit of post-2013 JBJ will be what most of the newer casual fans will remember (or even know, FFS) of him and the band live after Bon Jovi have called it quits... The younger generation of fans must be wondering what all the fuss was about back in the day. It's extremely sad, because we know how good Jon and the band used to be.

Last edited by BJFan99; 01-20-2020 at 03:02 PM..

Old 01-20-2020, 03:26 PM
Jovi Freak

Some of you guys are acting like dicks. Let people enjoy this stuff if they want to, don't give them crap for it. However, yes, give JBJ crap for asking top dollar for a 9 song set list. What the hell? What is "Spell" anyway, is that a new song? A cover?
Old 01-20-2020, 03:30 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Some of you guys are acting like dicks. Let people enjoy this stuff if they want to, don't give them crap for it. However, yes, give JBJ crap for asking top dollar for a 9 song set list. What the hell? What is "Spell" anyway, is that a new song? A cover?
I don't think anyone is acting a dick. Yes, people can spend their money however they want. I'm sure they have earned it and if they want to spend $4000 on a show that's up to them BUT the real issue with these shows is that people are, as you say, paying top dollar for a 9 song set list. Nothing will change because people are spending that type of money constantly. That's why shows aren't what they used to be, that's why Jon doesn't give a **** and that's why none of us will get any information from Jon on the new album until press speak to him.

Spell is 'I Put A Spell On You' - So he was even toying with playing a ****ing cover song on that event.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 01-20-2020, 03:30 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
The younger generation of fans must be wondering what all the fuss was about back in the day. It's extremely sad, because we know how good Jon and the band used to be.
I don't think there is a younger generation of fans anymore. Ask a 16-20 year old kid today and I'd say that maybe 20-30% could name more than one song, let alone given the fact they'd know who he is.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:47 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
Nothing will change because people are spending that type of money constantly. That's why shows aren't what they used to be, that's why Jon doesn't give a **** and that's why none of us will get any information from Jon on the new album until press speak to him.
His voice is not gonna come back just because fan club events are suddenly underbooked.

BJ as a band have always been an ultra corporate machine, with insulting ticket and especially merch prices, and he's played the "working guy's band" card for close to 15 years at this point nonetheless, even when they're more the aged trophy wife's band than anything. I'm afraid that ain't gonna change.

I mean, there's other bands which are a cynical shell of packaged rebellion, too. Guns & Roses act like they're a wild and crazy bunch of street guys, when they have an orchestra on stage and ask four digit sums for VIP experiences. But they make different music, still. I like BJ's music, but it doesn't exactly lend a "beneath it all, it's still dirty and defiant rock & roll" sheen to it all.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
His voice is not gonna come back just because fan club events are suddenly underbooked.

BJ as a band have always been an ultra corporate machine, with insulting ticket and especially merch prices, and he's played the "working guy's band" card for close to 15 years at this point nonetheless, even when they're more the aged trophy wife's band than anything. I'm afraid that ain't gonna change.

I mean, there's other bands which are a cynical shell of packaged rebellion, too. Guns & Roses act like they're a wild and crazy bunch of street guys, when they have an orchestra on stage and ask four digit sums for VIP experiences. But they make different music, still. I like BJ's music, but it doesn't exactly lend a "beneath it all, it's still dirty and defiant rock & roll" sheen to it all.
Who said his voice will? We know it isn't coming back which is why he plays these songs so slow... So play something decent!!! Who the **** wants 'With These Two Hands' and 'Blind Love' when you have a catalogue like they do.

He said at this Q&A that he listened to some albums recently deciding what to play yet chooses these.

Most people charge a lot of money, again, I get that but they don't write songs about working men and charge how much they do.

Old 01-20-2020, 04:11 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

It's all subjective but playing Blind Love and With These Two Hands is a GREAT move. If anyone is going to multiple trips though it's shooting yourself in the foot because there's five or six songs constantly on rotation for shows like these. If you have a group of 40 or so that will cheer and whoop and holler no matter what you play there is no reason why you can't pull any song you wish you could do in the arenas but no one knows it.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
It's all subjective but playing Blind Love and With These Two Hands is a GREAT move. If anyone is going to multiple trips though it's shooting yourself in the foot because there's five or six songs constantly on rotation for shows like these. If you have a group of 40 or so that will cheer and whoop and holler no matter what you play there is no reason why you can't pull any song you wish you could do in the arenas but no one knows it.
Great move for who?
I'd 'welcome' them at a show, but don't say you have realized how good some songs are and then play them two. These shows used to have songs that we didn't expect but I expect them two songs now at them shows, that's my problem.

Bells Of Freedom, All About Loving You, Thank You For Loving Me, Snippet of 'I Want You', Never Say Goodbye etc... all songs that have been played at these shows and none are in my top 50 songs probably but they're good and just as easy to play with how much they're dropped down.

Old 01-20-2020, 05:31 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
Great move for who?
I'd 'welcome' them at a show, but don't say you have realized how good some songs are and then play them two. These shows used to have songs that we didn't expect but I expect them two songs now at them shows, that's my problem.

Bells Of Freedom, All About Loving You, Thank You For Loving Me, Snippet of 'I Want You', Never Say Goodbye etc... all songs that have been played at these shows and none are in my top 50 songs probably but they're good and just as easy to play with how much they're dropped down.

Great move for people who are sick of the same 25 songs played over and over on tour. I'd like hearing all of those songs too, much more over Blind Love but if it was Blind Love once I'd say "cool" but show after show after show you wonder why.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:43 PM
Jovi Freak

He has been playing With These Two Hands almost in all these RT events for a long time now... Blind Love was the only relative surprise (he played this one before too but I think it's a nice song; however it's a slow song); beside that Unbroken is way slow too >_<, I personally need some "rock 'n' roll" songs on this album, and plese don't tell me This House Is Not For Sale was, 'cause I basically hate that album!
PS I'm still waiting for A Teardrop To The Sea acoustic... lol
This was the next day: Sáb. 18/ENE JBJ eléctrico, Starkey Hearing Expo, Las Vegas, NV The Cosmopolitan
Livin' On A Prayer: https://twitter.com/wanjahadashah/st...15708697862144