Home Register Members FAQ

elvis fans needed for project!

Other Bands

Old 05-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via MSN to slippery86
Default elvis fans needed for project!

please answer the following questions for a survey:

1. what is it you like about elvis, that made you a fan? (e.g. singing voice, songs, guitar playing, the pelvis/dancing, etc...)
2. hes still getting into the charts even tho hes dead, so what do you think is the secret of his appeal?
3. do you think people will still be buying his records in the future?
4. do u think hes still alive?
5. why do people think hes still alive?
6. any interesting facts you know about him?

7800 ºF 2

Old 05-24-2003, 09:54 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Default Re: elvis fans needed for project!

1. what is it you like about elvis, that made you a fan? (e.g. singing voice, songs, guitar playing, the pelvis/dancing, etc...)

When I was a preschooler, I had access to a record player. I was given mostly the Disney records like Snow White, Heidi, and Uncle Remus, but I discovered the Elvis records my mom owned and started listening to them. I loved his voice and I loved the music. I really didn't care what he looked like or what he was shaking becaue I was only 3 or 4 when I found Elvis. LOL

2. hes still getting into the charts even tho hes dead, so what do you think is the secret of his appeal?

He had a fabulous voice and an appealing personality. He was part bad boy, but not so bad that he didn't love his Mama and go to church. That was an important selling point, especially decades ago. He recorded so many types of music that he managed to reach a huge audience--rock, country, and gospel. He was also an attractive man with sex appeal and charisma. He was able to get his way into a fan's heart for a lot of reasons and that has kept his fan base alive. Part of his appeal has also been that his name and likeness has been marketed to death. Fresh merchandise keeps people aware and buying. He had a larger than life persona and there is mystery surrounding his death--that also keeps his legacy alive.

There is no doubt.

Not physically. But he lives on in his music and in his fans.

He was so beloved that it's hard for fans to accept that he really died. Because it can be questioned, that hope can be held out that he is alive. Other people are gullible and will believe anything they read on the cover of the Sun.

There's probably nothing that I know that's out of the ordinary. I always thought it was interesting that his twin brother Jesse Garon died at birth and wonder how that affected Elvis.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:26 PM
Rocket Queen
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Mousebounce

He had it all. Looks, brains and most of all talent. The man had a charisma that nobody has ever been able to match. I doubt anyone ever will. Plus, his voice was just awesome.

Again, charisma. He had such a unique stage presence. It comes through in all of his perfomances. I only wish I could have been there live to see it in person. It must have been amazing.

Yes. His appeal will live on forever I believe. Again, because there is not one artist out there that can match it. So people will still always go back to Elvis in the end.

No. I wish.

Priscilla once said, "What will the world do without Elvis?" Like Becky said, it is hard for people to accept.

Not really. I just can't believe how generous he was in his life. In Graceland they have sooo many checks that he made out to charities, or various people. He would just buy a car for someone to see them smile.

Old 05-25-2003, 01:45 AM
Bicycle Repair Man
Blaze of Posting

Default Re: elvis fans needed for project!

please answer the following questions for a survey:

i remember funnily enough getting into him through a combination of my teacher when i was 10 years old, and my Gran having his vinyl LPs. For me it was just the songs and voice

in terms of the charts the secret is that record companies are prepared to capitalise on his popularity. He'll always have appeal but mainly because of the media focus on him during his life.

Yes... or downloading them

no

because they have no life if he doesn't either

just that as far as i recall he was a wreck after the death of his mother and was never the same ever again

I've got the tools, I got the girl
and I certainly got the tools to satisfy
Plus make you beg for more
Old 05-27-2003, 02:45 PM
Jovi Fan

Send a message via MSN to drum_bum Send a message via Yahoo to drum_bum

I love the power of his voice. You can just hear it in every song, but he seems to hold back on it. Just imagine if he had completely let that puppy loose... And then of course, he was an amazing live performer. Definitely one of the best. People tend to say it's Michael Jackson, but I totally disagree there.

I guess I just gotta go back to the voice. It's been imitated, but no one can capture the emotion behind the vocals the way he did. And somehow his sex appeal stands the test of time.

Yes. His music is classic. It captures emotions that every generation feels. It's timeless.

No.

I think people just want to believe it. He was so huge back in the day that people just couldn't handle it.

Uh, probably nothing you haven't heard before.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:48 AM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

All my family is fan, but REALLY !!! i was singing Elvis' song before i knew an english word ... :P and later the english teacher said it was strange because i pronounced some words with an strange accent !! I learned guitar on Elvis' songs, my godfather is always on tour singing his own songs but Elvis' too ... Yes, his voice, the melodies, and the man, the story of his life, i red all the books my father had at home before i was ten at home it was a bit like if Elvis was a God ! I can't live without Elvis, i play some of his songs at least two times a week ....

Charisma ... and you won't find someone with a voice like his, he's the man of two or three generations ... and i think once again, the story of his life ... this man was still a kid, so generous, so emotive, Fascination.

Yes, of course, some i have in my collection are so expensive now, i hope i will never have to sell them, but the demand is real

no

because they want to believe, it's hard to accept something which it hurts.

I don't think so ... we all know his story and the same "secrets about him and his life" - we know about his twin, about Parker, about Glawdys, east tupelo, germany, Priscilla, his different experiences with drugs, how he was feeling stupid when he has to suddenly start singing a love song to a girl in a film ... how he hated critics on his new songs etc ....
Old 05-28-2003, 01:25 PM
PLAY KING OF THE MOUNTAIN...
I Don't Want To Post Forever

erk, cant miss this before I go

1. what is it you like about elvis, that made you a fan? He's the king baby

2. hes still getting into the charts even tho hes dead, so what do you think is the secret of his appeal? err hes good?

3. do you think people will still be buying his records in the future? yes

4. do u think hes still alive? yes, he lives two houses up from my mum and thats no joke, hes a local legend, he was even in the sheffield telegraph once

5. why do people think hes still alive? Because he is

6. any interesting facts you know about him? He looks like me