Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Box Set Question

General BJ Discussion

Old 04-22-2003, 01:26 PM
Jovi Addict

Send a message via MSN to Jack27
Default Box Set Question

Ok - I was just reading the Q&A forum at Bonjovi.com and I saw this question and answer:

Question:
Hey oompas!!is there any b-side from crush and bounce that is still not released on single?and if so how many..im hungry of them!!!thanks
asked by MACPHISTO on Thursday, April 17
Answer:
ALIVE... which is coming out on some of the singles for ALL ABOUT LOVIN' YOU. Nothing else has been sanctioned as a demo/b-side... some of the very early demos never will see light of day, and some of the songs written never got past the front of Jon's notebook

I don't want to sound ungrateful or even sound as though I'm complaining, but isn't "the early demos which will never see the light of day" supposed to be the sort of thing we should get on the box set

Old 04-22-2003, 01:35 PM
Jovi Freak

Send a message via MSN to Christo

Maybe by 'very early' they mean like Powerstation Years early, something that Jon would rather keep under wraps from what I've heard.

Fernando Torres- turning straight men gay since July 2007
Old 04-22-2003, 01:40 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Don't worry about the Oompa's. It won't be the first time they are wrong.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 04-22-2003, 03:19 PM
Jovi Addict

i hope you're right and that they're wrong, but i wouldn't be shocked if they were right. Lets face it, i don't think they'll be cleaning out the bon jovi archive as they have said before. It would be really cool if we did get all the demos from the bounce era, the crush era, the these days era etc etc but we won't...will we? I know they've said we'll get the 'sex sells' stuff, which is the crush era, but they wrote 60 songs for crush alone. I don't know how many were made into demos, but do you really think we'll get them all? they've just said above in the question from BJ.com we wont be getting anymore demos from bounce.

The box set is something they could make really really cool, but i'm starting to think more and more that it won't be anything like they've said it will be.

Let me know your thoughts.
Old 04-22-2003, 03:27 PM
Jovi Freak

Send a message via MSN to Christo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack27
i hope you're right and that they're wrong, but i wouldn't be shocked if they were right. Lets face it, i don't think they'll be cleaning out the bon jovi archive as they have said before. It would be really cool if we did get all the demos from the bounce era, the crush era, the these days era etc etc but we won't...will we? I know they've said we'll get the 'sex sells' stuff, which is the crush era, but they wrote 60 songs for crush alone. I don't know how many were made into demos, but do you really think we'll get them all? they've just said above in the question from BJ.com we wont be getting anymore demos from bounce.

The box set is something they could make really really cool, but i'm starting to think more and more that it won't be anything like they've said it will be.

Let me know your thoughts.
8 demos that are 'new' songs is quite good for one album. Include the different takes on about 4 or 5 songs as well, there is 12 or 13......I think a lot of the newer demos are pretty good, why some of them aren't on the albums I'll never know.......

Fernando Torres- turning straight men gay since July 2007
Old 04-22-2003, 09:07 PM
Keep the Faith

You know what I'd really love to see in the boxset? New recordings of old unreleased tracks. For example, how about a Bounce era version of Too Much, Too Soon or something like that. For one, the older versions of songs are often of poor quality, and simply because...uh...simply because!

But, yes, I hope the Ompas are wrong. I want some new songs!
Hey hey, I'm alive
Didn't think I'd make it to the other side.
Here to stay, I'm alive!
Old 04-22-2003, 10:09 PM
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Posting Dead Or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRds1Bnce16
But, yes, I hope the Ompas are wrong. I want some new songs!
Yup!!!!
2010: NJ x3, London x4. 2011: Munich, Manchester, London, Dublin x2, Lisbon. 2012: RS London.
2013: Manchester, Birmingham, Dublin, London. 2014: RS Belfast. 2016: London. 2019: Dublin x2, Liverpool, London

Old 04-23-2003, 10:07 AM
Jovi Addict

Yeah that sounds like a really cool idea! If only it could happen. Do you really think we're actually going to get that much stuff we've never heard before... I want to believe it, I really do, but I'm starting to think it's a bit all talk. I personally think we're just going to get stuff like 'I don't Like Mondays featuring sir bob geldof' again!

What do you think?
Old 04-23-2003, 10:50 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack27
Yeah that sounds like a really cool idea! If only it could happen. Do you really think we're actually going to get that much stuff we've never heard before... I want to believe it, I really do, but I'm starting to think it's a bit all talk. I personally think we're just going to get stuff like 'I don't Like Mondays featuring sir bob geldof' again!

What do you think?
Being a pessimist I´m prepairing myself for a BIG disappointment with that boxset. OWN was supposed to be excellent and turned out to be not-so-excellent at all so I wouldn´t be suprised it that same thing happens with boxset as well. They´re probably re-releasing all the old b-sides and adding some old-already-released live tracks. I hope that it isn´t like that at all but I´m prepairing for the worst. Of course no one is forcing me to buy it, but if you´re planning to do something like that, why not do it properly.